Howdy, from the Ark-La-Tex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been around Theology Online for years. I actually posted under a different name quite frequently in the early years around its inception. But I've not posted for a while until today on the "Are You Smarter Than a 6th Grader" thread. Hopefully I'll have time time to interact more.

A little about myself, at least the stuff that you might be interested in reading...

I'm a very non-classical Dispensationalist. Been a Bible teacher in church for about 7 or so years. Recently got banned from teaching at my Bible Church since my beliefs differ from those of the church leadership. They're classical Dispensationalists and I'm not. So they don't appreciate my approach to scripture and asked me to keep my mouth shut. The lead pastor even had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't talk with my closest friend at the church about my different beliefs. Fun stuff!

I enjoy studying the Bible and teaching others and being taught.

Married with 3 daughters. Homeschooling the 2 that are old enough.

Blah, blah, blah. There's my story.

Looking forward to interacting on the site.:cheers:

cm

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, Mystery.

What do "Reputation" and "Rep Power" mean? What do the numbers represent?

cm

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome back.

Do you remember the name you used on here before?

MrRadish

Ahoy, welcome, and merry TOLing to you! Not that I know much about Dispensationalism, but what is it about your beliefs that make you different to your Church's? It is separate, individual points or a difference of opinion about the whole 'ethos' of the thing?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly,
I really don't remember what name I used before. Maybe it was my last name ("arendell"), but I just can't recall.

Mr. Radish,
The disagrement lies in our approach to scripture. We agree on many details, but arrive at them in such a different manner as to make it "dangerous" for me to teach there, according to them. For instance, I believe the time portrayed in the gospel accounts presents Israel still under the Old Covenant and Jesus demanding repentance from them since their literal kingdom is right around the corner (according to a prophecied timeline). So the information in the Gospels is not intended to be doctrine by which the Body of Christ is to live. While incredibly important to me in helping me to understand the Bible, the Gospels nonethless present narrative about Israel specifically. My church leaders think that everything from the blank page after Malachi to Revelation is supposed to be doctrine by which we live today. I read it literally; they apply it figuratively.

That's the nutshell version.

cm

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, chickenman. Welcome back :up:

Can you tell us what has changed?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, stipe.

Are you referring to what has changed with this site? I don't recall much, other than the fact that it was much more simplified back then. It seems like Bob Enyart had some part in the site getting its start, but I'm not sure about that either. Too long ago.

I often stand up from my desk at work and start walking to go do something, then literally forget what I was going to do. So I don't stand much of a chance of remembering details from 10 years ago.:)

cm

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, stipe.

Are you referring to what has changed with this site? I don't recall much, other than the fact that it was much more simplified back then. It seems like Bob Enyart had some part in the site getting its start, but I'm not sure about that either. Too long ago.

I often stand up from my desk at work and start walking to go do something, then literally forget what I was going to do. So I don't stand much of a chance of remembering details from 10 years ago.:)

cm
:rotfl:

So .. I'm going to introduce myself and welcome you to the site a few more times .. see how many I can get in before you notice .. :chuckle:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chickenman! How about donating some cash to a worthy cause?

Genuine question. PM me. :)

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's strange, but I often stand up from my desk at work and start walking to go do something...wait...:think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been around Theology Online for years. I actually posted under a different name quite frequently in the early years around its inception. But I've not posted for a while until today on the "Are You Smarter Than a 6th Grader" thread. Hopefully I'll have time time to interact more.

A little about myself, at least the stuff that you might be interested in reading...

I'm a very non-classical Dispensationalist. Been a Bible teacher in church for about 7 or so years. Recently got banned from teaching at my Bible Church since my beliefs differ from those of the church leadership. They're classical Dispensationalists and I'm not. So they don't appreciate my approach to scripture and asked me to keep my mouth shut. The lead pastor even had the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't talk with my closest friend at the church about my different beliefs. Fun stuff!

I enjoy studying the Bible and teaching others and being taught.

Married with 3 daughters. Homeschooling the 2 that are old enough.

Blah, blah, blah. There's my story.

Looking forward to interacting on the site.:cheers:

cm
Welcome to TOL. I have enjoyed reading your posts. :up:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, Knight. Same here.

I enjoy the opportunity to share what I think I know, to observe others and learn a lot about people through their interactions, and to learn from others. This is really a great place. :banana:

:chicken:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way, Knight, how's the red-tape-laden review committee coming with my "application"? The NSA is all over my back for answers.

cm :chicken:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you remember what you applied for? Did you buy that smilie, or hijack it?

:D

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice to meet you, Stipe. It seems we've crossed paths before, but I have a bad memory.

It's strange, but I often stand up from my desk at work and start walking to go do something...wait...

chickenman and his hijacked smilie...signing out :chicken:

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Thanks, Knight. Same here.

I enjoy the opportunity to share what I think I know, to observe others and learn a lot about people through their interactions, and to learn from others. This is really a great place. :banana:

:chicken:

:think: Looking forward to it...

:wave2: Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.