ECT "I am dead in Christ" __ What does that mean?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Our deepest self takes leave of the world, spiritually dies and then assumes a place near Jesus as God's ultimate earthly disclosure.
This becomes a well-spring, a place to focus one's spirit so it can live a little bit in some immortality for a tune up.

Then our physical, worldly self wakes up to live another day in the Creation God has established for us--the world in which he declared "It is good."

If I have made myself understood, I see it as a process that repeats in our lives like a heartbeat--blood back in, blood back out. Both actions are necessary.

Cross Reference

Read this real carefully:

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them."John 17:20-26 (KJV)

Well, lets see: If it can be understood, which it should be considering how Jesus prayed and what He shared, that Jesus was indeed 'dead' to the world as His Life also exampled, how come many who claim to be in Him are not dead to the world and feel no need in themselves to be?

OMT: I would say His prayer also put the cabbash to any idea Paul taught a different gospel.

DAN P

He does that when he steps out of kiddie pool depth.

Hi and will not say what we are dead to ??

Because there are about 4 MAJOR things that we are dead to !!

It is sad for the opportunity is not taken as I would like to see what he means !!

dan p

Danoh

0 Bible results for “I am dead in Christ.”

Book of Amos
Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

Double-check spelling, especially people and place names.
Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.
Retry your search in another translation.

King James Version (KJV)
by Public Domain

Lol

musterion

"For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3, ASV).

It is futile for us to attempt to curb our sins while we ignore their source, the indwelling principle of sin. In trimming the branches (sins), we strengthen the root (self). Rather, as we count upon the finished work of Calvary, the Holy Spirit will apply the Cross to the old life. And as that death cuts deeper and deeper into the root, the branches will wither and fall away.

"The Lord Jesus has been waiting for us to come to the end of our own efforts. He sends the call, 'Come back to the Cross.' At last we can see we have been standing and working on the wrong ground, and we hear Him say, 'It is you who are in My way. I can do My work myself. I simply need empty vessels. You parted with your sins, but you kept yourself. Come now, part with yourself, take your place where I put you. When I died you were in Me on that Cross.' 'Now I see! What next, Lord?' 'Now you pass to another sphere where you become aware that you are joined to Me as your life.' "

"Our identification with Christ in His death was a death unto Sin--- the principle of Sin as a master and a tyrant --- Sin, not sins. The Holy Spirit is ready to apply that finished work of death to the depth of our self-life, until Sin loses its mastery at point after point. It goes deeper than the cutting off of visible and external things. Cause, not symptoms."

"Christ, who is our life" (Colossians 3:4).

Cross Reference

Quote:
"For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3, ASV).

It is futile for us to attempt to curb our sins while we ignore their source, the indwelling principle of sin. In trimming the branches (sins), we strengthen the root (self). Rather, as we count upon the finished work of Calvary, the Holy Spirit will apply the Cross to the old life. And as that death cuts deeper and deeper into the root, the branches will wither and fall away.

He means the Consuming fire of God, as refines the gold, produces the dross which we are given to remove through trial and temptation. It requires the Heat of God and our committed allegiance to Him to produce for Him a Son in whom He can be well pleased.

"The Lord Jesus has been waiting for us to come to the end of our own efforts. He sends the call, 'Come back to the Cross.' At last we can see we have been standing and working on the wrong ground, and we hear Him say, 'It is you who are in My way. I can do My work myself. I simply need empty vessels. You parted with your sins, but you kept yourself. Come now, part with yourself, take your place where I put you. When I died you were in Me on that Cross.' 'Now I see! What next, Lord?' 'Now you pass to another sphere where you become aware that you are joined to Me as your life.' "

And, as the man just finished saying, "if you attempt do that without abandoning your life to God __ is it futile!" Committed allegiance is the only way and that by loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. It is a learning process.

"Our identification with Christ in His death was a death unto Sin--- the principle of Sin as a master and a tyrant --- Sin, not sins. The Holy Spirit is ready to apply that finished work of death to the depth of our self-life, until Sin loses its mastery at point after point. It goes deeper than the cutting off of visible and external things. Cause, not symptoms."

Again, more futile thinking without relationship!

"Christ, who is our life" (Colossians 3:4)".

. . . awaits our surrender to it: "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well [abandon your life to Me] , sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.” Genesis 4:7 (ESV)

How could Cain perform the task of overcoming without a relationship that compelled him with love??? Unbelief ruled him.