ECT I finally found MAD in Scripture 1 Ti 6:20 "falsely so called knowledge"

DAN P

Tam. That is all I have heard since i have been debating MADist. You know the gospel to the gentiles ( Paul ) and the Gospel to the Jews ( Peter ) as in "2" different gospels.

Hi and after 2 Cor 3:13-17 , we know that Israel will PHRASE OUT at Acts 28:28 THEN there will only be ONE GOSPEL called the MYSTERY , as Col 1:25 and 26 have referenced !!

Then when the Body of Christ is taken out , THEN Israel will be saved in Rom 11:26 and the 7 years Tribulation will be begin and the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM will be preached as referenced in Matt 24:14 !!

Near the end on the Great Tribulation the last gospel will be preached , called the EVERLASTING GOSPEL of Judgment in Rev 14:6-7 !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
I found MAD referenced in scripture.

1Ti 6:20

O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”—

Oh, yeh? Well, I found a reference to your daddy:

Revelation 12:10 KJV And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

So there.

Like father, like son...."After his own kind..."(survey Genesis).

Get saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
Problem with this deception, is that MADists do not teach the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ to anybody!

They only chant a couple of verses quoting Paul, claiming that is the only Gospel message that counts, while ignoring the full Gospel message revealed throughout the rest of the Bible.

Including Jesus Christ coming into this world, proclaiming the Kingdom of God had come.

The everlasting gospel,that scripture references, and you cite, is not equivalent to the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, Endora, even though you assert that it is. You'd know that, had you studied the details of the book, as us "elect" ones do, instead of your church "Statement Of Faith"(SOF).

Get saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
Does your verse negate this verse ?

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

You deleted these verses:

Luke 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

John 20:9 KJV For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

DAN P

I found MAD referenced in scripture.

1Ti 6:20

O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”—

Hi and what does does Timothy have to GUARD , the DEPOSIT COMMITTED to him ?

Will you explain 2 Tim 1:12 " the desposte COMMITTED to Tim to me for that DAY ?

And what is that DAY mean ??

dan p

northwye

I Timothy 6: 20-21: "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen"

The key part in Greek says "και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως,or "and anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

αντιθεσεις, or anti-thesis, is term used in the early Greek philosophy of the διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

Google the Greek word διαλεκτική.

http://ndpr.nd.edu/news/clitophons-challenge-dialectic-in-platos-meno-phaedo-and-republic/

"Dialectic in Plato's Meno, Phaedo, and Republic"

Paul is talking about the early form of the dialectic in Greek philosophy, which uses dialogue rather than the didactic method, which Christ uses. He is warning not to use the dialectic.

Its very interesting that the Christian Zionists on this thread are using a kind of byte speak 21st century form of the dialectic. The dialectic in the 21st century is a deceptive and tricky form of the dialectic of ancient Greek philosophy and what Hagel wrote about. In the dialectic, the anti-thesis is often argued against a thesis, the thesis being some kind of absolute moral or truth from scripture.

Right Divider

Body part
I Timothy 6: 20-21: "O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen"

The key part in Greek says "και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως,or "and anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

αντιθεσεις, or anti-thesis, is term used in the early Greek philosophy of the διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

Google the Greek word διαλεκτική.

http://ndpr.nd.edu/news/clitophons-challenge-dialectic-in-platos-meno-phaedo-and-republic/

"Dialectic in Plato's Meno, Phaedo, and Republic"

Paul is talking about the early form of the dialectic in Greek philosophy, which uses dialogue rather than the didactic method, which Christ uses. He is warning not to use the dialectic.

Its very interesting that the Christian Zionists on this thread are using a kind of byte speak 21st century form of the dialectic. The dialectic in the 21st century is a deceptive and tricky form of the dialectic of ancient Greek philosophy and what Hagel wrote about. In the dialectic, the anti-thesis is often argued against a thesis, the thesis being some kind of absolute moral or truth from scripture.
Hogwash.

northwye

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and
oppositions of science falsely so called; which some professing have erred concerning the faith.

Grace be with thee. Amen." 1 Timothy 6:20-21

Avoid the oppositions - anti-thesis - of so-called knowing.

Faith is based upon the belief that the Word of God is absolute and cannot be changed by man. If someone's interpretation of a text in the Bible can be changed by dialogue then this opens up the possibility that the person whose interpretation has been changed by dialogue does not have strong faith.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thessalonians 2: 10-11

When you stop using the didactic and start using the dialectic within dialogue in dealing with scripture, you are opening yourself up to a loss of faith, and loss of love for the truth.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds
should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

Obedience to Christ and keeping his mind within you (Philippians 2: 5, Colossians 1: 26-27) is the simplicity that is in Christ. Eve was beguiled in Genesis 3: 1-6 by dialogue with the Serpent, who deceived her into thinking that what God told Adam was not absolute truth.

The goal of the dialectic within dialogue is to create consensus, to convince your opponent in an argument to give up his position, which in the dialectic is often called the thesis. His thesis is attacked by the anti-thesis. But the dialectic does not work with scripture because in scripture there is absolute truth, which is not changed by human dialogue. The dialectic does not really work in hard science either because though science can change with new facts, there is always a working truth in science, because otherwise there could be no engineering.

dodge

Paul: "I magnify mine office..."

Dodge: "You should minimize his office..."

Paul: follow me as I follow Jesus ! Paul pointed others to Jesus NOT to himself.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

MAD uses Jesus just like they use Paul for convenience to stay in their error.

MAD has a direction of worship and it isn't God.

dodge

Dodgeism is in error.

Obviously MAD uses Jesus and Paul as window dressing and follows neither in reality.

Paul: follow me as I follow Jesus ! Paul pointed others to Jesus NOT to himself.

1Co 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?