I, Racist

HisServant

It's like dealing with a needy teenage daughter.

Personally, I feel bad for them, but its time for them to man up and deal with their own horrendous problems that are endemic to the young black culture that denigrate each other, glorify violence and support violence against women and glorify single parenthood.

If they want 'white' america to respect them, then need to deal with a lot of the uncivilized behavior that is worshiped and admired in their communities.

Right now, I say pull all the cops out of the ghettos and save us some money... afterall that is what they want, and see how fast they start to prey on each other... then they might ask the rest of society for their help and actually be grateful for the services that the rest of society pays for for them.

I work with 3 black guys as equals... and that is what all three of them say... they are embarrassed by their race. And for it, they are called uncle toms and not black enough.

I honestly don't care what color you are.. I will treat you with the same respect I treat everyone.. and if you are an idiot, I will say so, even if its you just being in your 'culture'... because frankly, culture that is idiotic and of no good to society should be called for what it is.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I don't see a willingness to even listen or consider on the part of many folks here, and that's part of the problem.

I'm still waiting to see some kind of argument. I've had frequent discussions about matters like this with an associate of mine, but ultimately, what the liberal "argument" on this matter comes down to is pure rhetorical/pathological appeal. "Waaah, boo hoo, you don't know what it's like to be black." That's apparently supposed to absolve the black community of all responsibility for their problems.

Well, pardon me, but I'm not impressed by that.

Don't get me wrong. There are some fair points that the liberals make. Is it true that, for a lot of things, there is a de facto, systematic bias against blacks and for whites? I think it would be difficult to argue against this point. Blacks are far less likely to be hired than whites, even if the whites are ex-cons, for example. Black children are more likely to be born into single parent homes and be brought up in relative poverty.

But that argument only goes so far, and the liberals want to take it further than that:

"And this systematic, de facto racist bias is to blame for all of the problems of the black community. Blacks have no personal responsibility for anything that they do because of that systematic bias, and there should be various policy changes and changes in the way that the State deals with blacks, because of that pre-existing de facto racist bias."

It literally becomes an all-encompassing worldview, in and of itself, that liberals use to re-interpret and connect things that simply don't, in and of themselves, lend to such re-interpretations and interconnections.

Again, I appeal to the 14 year old thug with the toy-gun who provoked the police into shooting him to death. The liberals scream racism. The blacks lament how unfair the system is.

But where were the parents? And why is nobody questioning the actions of the 14 year old thug? Is a systematic, de facto bias really to blame for the fact that the 14 year old thug decided to threaten complete strangers with a realistic toy gun? Is the de facto bias really to blame for the fact that his parents let him run amok in the streets?

Again, I'm not impressed by that.

There is a thing called personal responsibility. The 14 year old should have known better. His parents should have known better. If his parents didn't know better, then they shouldn't have been parents. They should have kept their pants up. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

And what policy change would you have recommended to have prevented that 14 year old thug from being shot? Police shouldn't shoot to defend themselves? Sorry, but that's retarded. If a policeman is being threatened with a gun, then the person brandishing the firearm has got to die. End of story.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm still waiting to see some kind of argument.

Then re-read the article and stop being such a pedant. (Oh who am I kidding.)

"Waaah, boo hoo, you don't know what it's like to be black."

Neither of us do.

That's apparently supposed to absolve the black community of all responsibility for their problems.

Only according to you. Which is predictable. And what a clueless insulated white guy would say, for that matter.

Again, I appeal to the 14 year old thug with the toy-gun who provoked the police into shooting him to death.

Trad, this is the kind of thing that makes me wish you'd take a long walk off a short pier. Either you're a complete sphincter or so utterly clueless about how clueless you are no amount of sense will ever get through your thick skull. People like you disgust and shame me.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Only according to you. Which is predictable. And what a clueless insulated white guy would say, for that matter.

This. This is exactly my point. It's as though being black has become a kind of esoteric religion and liberals are like so many cultists.

Trad, this is the kind of thing that makes me wish you'd take a long walk off a short pier. Either you're a complete sphincter or so utterly clueless about how clueless you are no amount of sense will ever get through your thick skull. People like you disgust and shame me.

Thereby proving my point. Thanks for playing. :wave2:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
life is not fair
get over it
and
get on with it
the mexicans understand this
they just work
and
appreciate the opportunity

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I don't see the problem. You have guns in America. Teenagers have a very well known habit of occasionally throwing a wobbly and killing lots of other pupils and teachers.
So your appeal to the fact that he was 'only 14 years old' sounds not only hollow but decidedly imbecilic. There was an obvious risk there and the cop made the right decision.
If it was in my country it would be different but in yours, I fail to see how the cop could not shoot the kid. If he didn't I would fire him anyway because it would have been a dereliction of duty to allow him to shoot innocent people.
After all that has happened in your country recently...

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
This. This is exactly my point. It's as though being black has become a kind of esoteric religion and liberals are like so many cultists.

Thereby proving my point. Thanks for playing. :wave2:

You "proved" you're kind of a despicable cretin. Congrats.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You "proved" you're kind of a despicable cretin. Congrats.

How precisely would you characterize someone who, presumably being in his right mind, threatens random strangers (and the police) with a realistic toy gun?

I wouldn't use the word "victim."

Here, a quote from the Judge Dredd comics springs to mind in dealing with such cases: "They broke the law. They paid the price. What point are you making" (from the "Cadet" installment of the America series).

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If you're trying to describe the Tamir Rice outrage you're simply demented.

Au contraire: link.

Quoting the relevent portions (I appear to have had the age wrong, but it doesn't matter):

"The shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy, occurred on November 22, 2014, in Cleveland, Ohio. Two police officers, 26-year-old Timothy Loehmann and 46-year-old Frank Garmback, responded after receiving a police dispatch call 'of a male black sitting on a swing and pointing a gun at people' in a city park.[1][2][3] A caller reported that a male was pointing "a pistol" at random people in the Cudell Recreation Center. At the beginning of the call and again in the middle he says of the pistol 'it's probably fake.[4]' Toward the end of the two minute call, the caller stated 'he is probably a juvenile.'[5] The officers reported that upon their arrival, Rice reached towards a gun in his waistband. Loehmann fired two shots before the zone car came to a halt[6] and within two seconds of arriving on the scene,[7] hitting Rice once in the torso.[2][8] Neither officer administered any first aid to the child after the shooting.[21] He died on the following day.[9]

Rice's gun was later found to be an Airsoft replica, though lacking the orange safety feature signifying that the gun is not real.[10][11] "

As I said: "They broke the law. They paid the price. What's your point?"

Granite

Hall of Fame
The fact that the cops lied repeatedly and killed this kid without hesitation whatsoever demonstrates we've got (at least) a serious cop problem in this country. Of that I have no doubt. Trying to portray a twelve-year-old who was harming no one as some kind of crazed crook is simply disgraceful.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
The fact that the cops lied repeatedly and killed this kid without hesitation whatsoever demonstrates we've got (at least) a serious cop problem in this country. Of that I have no doubt. Trying to portray a twelve-year-old who was harming no one as some kind of crazed crook is simply disgraceful.

Ultimately, I don't care about any of that. These are the only relevent factors: the boy in question was threatening complete strangers with a realistic toy gun. Once that fact is established, the rest is irrelevent.

Call police testimony into doubt if you want.
Accuse them of inconsistencies if you want.
Accuse them of acting too hastily if you want.

(Ultimately, all of this is for the courts to decide.)

But ultimately, the blame lies squarely on the boy and his parents. He shouldn't have been threatening people, and once the police came, he shouldn't have reached for the fake gun.

Had his parents kept a closer eye on him, or had he not broke the law (by threatening people with a realistic firearm), he would not have been shot to death.

"They broke the law. They paid the price. What's your point?"

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Furthermore, Granite, if you actually examine the case in question, this very point just proves how much of a racist the author of the article is, and how much of a racist people like you and Buzzword are.

Even if the police are to blame for whatever reasons, the case has absolutely nothing to do with racism. It would have everything to do with the mental instability of the policeman or policemen in question.

Granite

Hall of Fame
He threatened no one. What we've got is one 911 caller saying a black kid has a gun that's probably a toy and a judge "thunderstruck" in horror at the summary execution of this kid when the video was shown. We've got an emotionally unstable maniac as a cop who murdered a twelve-year-old, and a family assaulted and threatened at the scene with arrest.