In Christ

Samie

It is ignorance to think that all in the Bible that are "in Christ" are in the Body of Christ. It just isn't so!
And then you said:
Christ is the Vine (John 15:5 KJV).

Christ is the Head of the church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all (this is us)

Ephesians 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The Vine is different than the church which is His Body. Things that are different are not the same. Simple stuff!
Christ is the vine, and people are the branches. So to be in Christ is to be attached to the vine, being the branches of the vine. Which is analogous to being in the Body (branches) of Christ (the Vine). As the Body is attached to the Head, so the Branches are attached to the Vine.

Therefore, when one is In Christ,
- he is attached to the Vine as one of the branches;
- he is attached to the Head as part of the Body of Christ.

Epoisses

Yes it was directed at the Hebrews - but that doesn't change the fact that Christ established the New Covenant with his blood - the same covenant we are under. And under the New Covenant, God writes his Law on our hearts and minds. Or do you deny this?

Under the new covenant of grace, believers receive the Holy Spirit who cleanses our hearts by faith and imprints Christ's character of love in the heart. Under the old covenant of law the commandments had to be physically kept even if your heart wasn't in it. Do you see the difference?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They also took Lot, Abram’s brother’s son who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods and departed. Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew... (Genesis 14:12-13)​

Study what the word "Hebrew" is defined as. A sojourner,a foreigner, one who crossed over the river Euphrates, etc. Jacob started the Jewish line. Jacob was renamed: "Israel." Abraham was not a Jew.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You assert there is a difference but do not explain how believers can abide or spiritually function apart from the Vine, who is the root source of their life and being, can you? John 15:5

You cannot substantiate any biblical reason to differentiate between Christ being the Head of His body and the very life-source of His body . . . can you? John 15:5 & Ephesians 1:22-23.
We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV), baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). We are crucified with Christ and the life that we now live is by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved us, and gave Himself for us.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This thread is not about our walk with the Lord, but of showing the contrast between that of those who are in Christ that must abide in the Vine and those of us who are in Christ, who are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It's not by works of righteousness which we have done (Titus 3:5 KJV).

That's not true for them. Their righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees ( Matthew 5:20 KJV). They must endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV). They must go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV), but we have already received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)!

You cannot make that the same no matter how loud your tantrum! Things that are different are NOT the same!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We are partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), baptized by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). We are crucified with Christ and the life that we now live is by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved us, and gave Himself for us.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This thread is not about our walk with the Lord, but of showing the contrast between that of those who are in Christ that must abide in the Vine and those of us who are in Christ, who are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It's not by works of righteousness which we have done (Titus 3:5 KJV). That's not true for them. Their righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees ( Matthew 5:20 KJV). They must endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 24:13 KJV). They must go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV), but we have already received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)!

You cannot make that the same no matter how loud your tantrum! Things that are different are NOT the same!

Amen

heir

TOL Subscriber
You'll have to excuse Nang, she just came off a very long "Ban." She's has to acclimate herself to the new environment.
Yes, so far nothing good has come about from her time out. She still makes blanket statements with nothing to back any of it up, but her church SoF.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The promise of the New Covenant, which Christ established with his blood, is this:

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel After those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their minds, And I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, And they shall be My people.​

Why make it a point of writing God's Law onto our hearts and minds if the Law has nothing to do with us?
You make a habit of reading someone else's mail and applying it TO yourself when it's not. Big mistake.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You make a habit of reading someone else's mail and applying it TO yourself when it's not. Big mistake.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Good post

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Abraham was not a Jew.

Good for you, I never said he was. The word I used was Hebrew, not Jew.

The entire NT was written by Hebrews for Hebrews in the context of Hebrew culture and from a Hebrew perspective.

Those who try to understand the scriptures from any other perspective fail. Even Paul was a Hebrew of Hebrews.

circumcised the eighth day of the stock of Israel of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee... (Philippians 3:5 NKJV)​

Paul was a Hebrew rabbi but like the other apostles he did not understand scripture until the Holy Spirit opened his mind to understand.

I doubt that Paul ever imagined there would exist a book called the New Testament. Paul taught the Hebrew scriptures from a Hebrew perspective even though he was a natural born Roman citizen. Paul testified he never taught against Jewish law, never taught against God's Temple and never taught insurrection (Acts 25:8).

So who is a legitimate Hebrew?

Paul explained, "Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham." (Galatians 3:7)

For those who claim they are not a Hebrew, I understand and I agree.

csuguy

Under the new covenant of grace, believers receive the Holy Spirit who cleanses our hearts by faith and imprints Christ's character of love in the heart. Under the old covenant of law the commandments had to be physically kept even if your heart wasn't in it. Do you see the difference?

So do you acknowledge that under the New Covenant the Law is written on our hearts and minds?

Do you have a verse in mind with regards the asserting that love is imprinted upon one's heart?