ECT Inheritors or Possessors?

nikolai_42

If I said the Godhead you would probably say I am crazy but you would be wrong. That is what man was created for and what our redemption is all about. That is what Jesus Christ is all about as being the Author of such salvation __per John 17:3.

Crazy...no. Wrong...yes. There is a sense that I see us being made inheritors of who Christ is, but only because as a man He walked by what we would call faith.

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5:19-20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:12-13

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 12:48-50

So first of all, Jesus did only what He was shown and given by the Father. Next, as He went to the Father, those who believe are able to do "greater works". BUT NOTICE : THESE ARE NOT EVEN THE BELIEVER'S WORKS (JUST AS THEY WEREN'T CHRIST'S). So as Christ ascends to the Father, He is given a name above every name and all things are subjected to Him EXCEPT THE FATHER. The Son is, in some sense, subject to the Father.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ephesians 2:9-11

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

I Corinthians 15:27-28

So I see the Son subject to the Father. I see us subject to the Son (and, therefore, subject to the Father and the Son). I see the Son doing the Father's works and being glorified. Likewise, I see us doing His works and receiving glory and immortality (Romans 2:7). There is a place of rule, however...

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:5-6

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 5:9-10

And what promise does Jesus give the Laodicean church?

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelation 3:21

Not sure what you mean, then, about inheriting the Godhead, but we do become rulers with Christ.

Livelystone

You mean the "falling away" was because what was of God didn't work?

"he who letteth let until he be taken out of the way " were the apostles who guardians of the truth, once that last apostle was taken out of the way the apostasy that was already trying to take over the church was able to do so.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Thus, the falling away was already well established at least in parts of the church by the end of the first and beginning of the second century......... for sure by the time of the church creed in 400 AD? the truth had already been buried and forgotten. Worse was it was not prophesied of to re-appear until the end of the second thousand year day......... about now.

Got scripture for that, I mean that it was a prophetic thing that pointed to what you say it did?

Most of the bible is a prophecy and especially what has to do with the design and function of the OT Tabernacle.......... without understanding the OT tabernacle and the spirit and truths hidden within the Law of God, one can never assimilate anything beyond passover and this includes the understanding of the law that is supposed to be written on our hearts from Pentecost

For sure leaven is sin and unless it is baked in the fire, it continues to spread and spoil the flour no matter how much oil is in it

Here is a picture of the third day church who has not been baked with fire when all of it is corrupt......... if you have any doubt consider the context surrounding the two passages where the below occurs

Luke 13:21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"he who letteth let until he be taken out of the way " were the apostles who guardians of the truth, once that last apostle was taken out of the way the apostasy that was already trying to take over the church was able to do so.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Thus, the falling away was already well established at least in parts of the church by the end of the first and beginning of the second century......... for sure by the time of the church creed in 400 AD? the truth had already been buried and forgotten. Worse was it was not prophesied of to re-appear until the end of the second thousand year day......... about now.

Most of the bible is a prophecy and especially what has to do with the design and function of the OT Tabernacle.......... without understanding the OT tabernacle and the spirit and truths hidden within the Law of God, one can never assimilate anything beyond passover and this includes the understanding of the law that is supposed to be written on our hearts from Pentecost

For sure leaven is sin and unless it is baked in the fire, it continues to spread and spoil the flour no matter how much oil is in it

Here is a picture of the third day church who has not been baked with fire when all of it is corrupt......... if you have any doubt consider the context surrounding the two passages where the below occurs

Luke 13:21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Oh my my, oh hell yeah.:cool:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What is the difference? BTW. In Isaiah 9:6 there some names given Jesus He was never given while on Earth. Take a look.

Revelation 3:12 KJV

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do we possess it "now"?

In part......

1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly ; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known .

Philippians 3:16 KJV

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained , let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Leave the denominations to the world, which are nothing more than tape measures.

Hosea 8:9 KJV

9 For they are gone up to Assyria, a wild donkey alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.

2 Timothy 4:3 KJV

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Galatians 6:4 KJV

4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

1 Kings 13:7 KJV

7 And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Good start! So if I read your response correctly, you see Canaan as representing what we are to inherit in eternity? And, in addition, I would see you as saying that we are more living according to faith so that our hope can be realized in heaven. Not that we don't realize some here, but rather that emphasis is to be future. Am I correct?

What, then, is to be the believer's primary focus in life? To work out what God has worked (Philippians 2:12) in or to work through (using scripture as the guide) what is given in this life - according to faith (i.e. with little apparent victory in this realm) so that we may have that glory revealed in us (Romans 8:18) in the age to come?

This is not going to be answered the same way many questions are - I recognize that. There is - I fully realize - an element of both in the believer's life. But, the way these things are emphasized and lived out determines one's focus. And that focus - in the end - is either going to be more on now (because that is where we are dwelling...now) or on eternity (because that is our terminus). By focusing more on the goal are we missing interim "victories" and understanding that need not be delayed? Or by focusing more on the "now" are we at risk of forfeiting greater glory later because we are too concerned about seeing the end of our faith (or some of it) before we reach Canaan?

Again, I don't have a final answer here either. The question has elements of truth in both answers. But on which side are we to ultimately land? I think there is a difference in approach that is often seen along some denominational lines - and even generational ones. But that's a very broad view.

Well but my dear why did God have them return for another 40 year spin around the block? we see the unbelief but in another place we read that God wanted to teach them war.

Who these days speaks about spiritual warfare?

There is a great choc on everything the church does at the present time at least in the western church. When you read Luther you see that he did actually on occasion come toe to toe with the devil...and he defeated him.

Now Luther fought the devil along doctrinal lines and that is the first place to look for him, but you very soon come to understand that behind those doctrinal strongholds is a very real devil or devils, they are in the high places, they are occupying the heavenly places which have been promised to us..

WHY are there chocs on everything the church endeavours to do?....because people seem to have but a light hold on their salvation...they wobble, they are not sure how certain their salvation is, mebbe they will lose their salvation and end up once more in the power of the evil one.

How can anyone doubting thus fight a war? So I say we are here for spiritual warfare.

Livelystone

"The kingdom of God is within you". s'plain that.

Satan's kingdoms and God's Kingdom are both determined by who the spirit (s) and soul within a person belong to

The spirit and soul of unregenerate man belong to satan and are the kingdoms of the worlds he uses to control the world, and to tempt Jesus with............. unless you think satan took Jesus up to a mountain top somewhere from where all the kingdoms of the worlds can be viewed from at the same time (Mat.4:8 KJV)

Finally 99% (going by the lack of churches today that look anything like a first century church) of those who claim to have the Holy Spirit are still worshipping with false doctrines defining the presence an unclean and incorrect spirit within their hearts............ these false doctrines were not inherited from God, but instead through force and deceit Satan has succeeded in controlling the pulpit through the tail of the dragon speaking from the pulpit

However the good news is the tail of the dragon is finally being exposed for what it really is............ false prophets who have been at the helm of the church for nearly 2000 years

Cross Reference

Satan's kingdoms and God's Kingdom are both determined by who the spirit (s) and soul within a person belong to

The spirit and soul of unregenerate man belong to satan

An unregenerate man does not make him wicked or otherwise to be of Satan. However, you perhaps might have some knowledge I have overlooked to disprove that fact?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you prefer...what is left to inherit?

All of creation.

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (Hebrews 2:8)​

Livelystone

An unregenerate man does not make him wicked or otherwise to be of Satan. However, you perhaps might have some knowledge I have overlooked to disprove that fact?

At the time of the fall and because Adam and Eve chose to follow satan and not God, they carried Satan's seed forward into all subsequent generations also know as original sin, By law and because the law of the seed was in effect before man was created, by this same law of the seed coming from Adam, had to reflect Adams sinful condition before his creator was subsequently given to all of mankind (by one man sin entered the world and all have sinned because of this one man)

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Therefore satan said at the time when he tried to tempt Jesus that he had been given control of spirit of man and to whom he wanted he could give control of said spirit made unclean by the presence of sin in it (sin that is a noun aka a principality and not just a verb aka transgression of the law)

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Livelystone

All of creation.

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (Hebrews 2:8)​

Good post

Re.2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Levolor

Good post

Re.2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Amen.

Those verses brought the following to mind:

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Revelation 3:21, 22

Praise God!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you prefer...what is left to inherit?

our return to God. to be WITH God. much is written, but much more can't even be imagined. we know Heaven has to be Pure Love, Infinite Good, Pure Joy, Pure Peace and Contentment. knowing everyone and every thing, without words. Knowing God. Forever. Amen. - we have no clue what's that's going to be like. yet. - :idea:

Cross Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post

At the time of the fall and because Adam and Eve chose to follow satan and not God, they carried Satan's seed forward into all subsequent generations also know as original sin, By law and because the law of the seed was in effect before man was created, by this same law of the seed coming from Adam, had to reflect Adams sinful condition before his creator was subsequently given to all of mankind (by one man sin entered the world and all have sinned because of this one man)

1. The fall was because of Adam __ not Eve.

2. Eve was deceived ___ Adam was tempted

3. Eve "chose" to follow Satan. Adam chose to follow his own vain thinking subjected to him, purposed for him to overcome by obedience to the commands of God given him that would reveal any arguments within Adam for him to surrender to God, was all about. God needed Adam's allegiance!

4. Hence there is NO Satan's seed carried forward in Adam's race but the issue of subjection to vanity originally purposed for Adam to "die to", i,e., his own "self" nature which, from that time forward, his progeny has had to deal with because it [sin] continues to lay "at the door" of their lives awaiting the good news of Jesus Christ who deals with the power of it in regenerate man. It is now a "present tense" experience in those who love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.___ Just like Jesus did it.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

"For the creature [Adam] was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him [God] who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." Romans 8:20-21 (KJV)

Therefore satan said at the time when he tried to tempt Jesus that he had been given control of spirit of man and to whom he wanted he could give control of said spirit made unclean by the presence of sin in it (sin that is a noun aka a principality and not just a verb aka transgression of the law)

That would have been a lie, wouldn't it? God never gave Satan control over the spirit of man. Jesus set him straight on that issue by
His answers to him. Read them again, for first time.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."Luke 4:4,8,12 (KJV) 

So you see, God is always in control and it is man responsibility to obey Him that he stay in control.. Satan's 'victory' in the garden never changed God's program that will soon be summed up in Jesus Christ and for whom is made the center piece with 'many sons who will be brought unto glory' to rule and reign with Him for all eternity. What Satan meant for his evil and destruction, God preplanned for it to be turned into His victory ___ His Glory!
"
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)