Internet Special on PBS Tonight!!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Did you see the Internet and Computer special on PBS tonight at 8p.m. Mountain Time? It says hackers can hack into many computer systems that control your home functions, such as those who have computerized lights, garage door openers, home security systems, etc. Also, control your car's computer system to make the brakes lock up or headlights go off or on, etc. Much less the implications to all of the military and confidential weapons-making by the U.S., which has already been breached by North Korea, much less an individual's computer. It said they could knock out electricity and lights to a third of the U.S. if they desired. I'm saying good-bye to my computer. Someone else can have my thread. I want it to go to a good Christian though, preferably 6days. So long!! No more Internet for me!!!

Michael

:singer: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel:

Wick Stick

Mike,

Unless you've specifically networked devices such as those into your home LAN, they are only accessible via RF.

In other words, don't worry so much. Your computer won't sprout legs and teeth in the middle of the night and slowly creep up your bed to where you lie powerless and sleeping... probably.

Jarrod

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dear All,

Did you see the Internet and Computer special on PBS tonight at 8p.m. Mountain Time? It says hackers can hack into many computer systems that control your home functions, such as those who have computerized lights, garage door openers, home security systems, etc. Also, control your car's computer system to make the brakes lock up or headlights go off or on, etc. Much less the implications to all of the military and confidential weapons-making by the U.S., which has already been breached by North Korea, much less an individual's computer. It said they could knock out electricity and lights to a third of the U.S. if they desired. I'm saying good-bye to my computer. Someone else can have my thread. I want it to go to a good Christian though, preferably 6days. So long!! No more Internet for me!!!

Michael

No, it's all hype. They won't target you, only your threads. :(

rexlunae

Dear All,

Michael

There's a bit of fear-mongering going on surrounding this, but there's also a real risk. Your home computer is probably the least of your worries. More and more devices are coming with more and more built-in connectivity, everything from TVs to cars to appliances, and it is somewhere from hard to impossible to keep all of it secure. But it's going to become increasingly hard to avoid.

PureX

Hussshhhh!

This is how we're going to begin the revolution and kill off the 1% right in their own bedrooms! We're just waiting for them to all get 'wired in' before we take them out!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear intojoy,

I'm not an infidel. Just a wise man who doesn't need the hassle. No more online banking either. I'm going to keep my computer use offline instead of online. I guess my Creation thread won't go to anyone. Knight has my permission to give the thread to whomever he wants. Otherwise, it will just disappear off of the board. It's a shame.

God's Best For You All!!

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there are risks associated with everything we do
they can be minimized
they can be managed
don't let them take you out of the game

you can't make a difference
if
you are not involved

use the talent that you have

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

You've made me think twice about leaving. I thank you very much for all of you posting on this thread here. You've talked me into staying. I AM a LIFETIME MEMBER, so what can I do?? You do not know that my bank card was hacked and fraudulently used to charge a bunch of money from me. The bank gave me a new card finally and today, they credited me for most of the money I lost, but still not all of it. Still, I am finally relieved after what happened today (that I got my money back). They were going charge-happy on my bank card. Thank God they did not touch my savings account. Well, the crisis is over and I'm still very concerned about hacking and the Internet, but I might as well just stay until it happens. Got to watch what you say though, it seems. Well, anyway, thank you all for making me feel welcome to the max!! You're all just wonderful people. How can I leave?!! My Creation thread is still quite alive and belongs to the people who post on it, not me. But I will go monitor it again. Great to be back!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

CherubRam

Dear All,

You've made me think twice about leaving. I thank you very much for all of you posting on this thread here. You've talked me into staying. I AM a LIFETIME MEMBER, so what can I do?? You do not know that my bank card was hacked and fraudulently used to charge a bunch of money from me. The bank gave me a new card finally and today, they credited me for most of the money I lost, but still not all of it. Still, I am finally relieved after what happened today (that I got my money back). They were going charge-happy on my bank card. Thank God they did not touch my savings account. Well, the crisis is over and I'm still very concerned about hacking and the Internet, but I might as well just stay until it happens. Got to watch what you say though, it seems. Well, anyway, thank you all for making me feel welcome to the max!! You're all just wonderful people. How can I leave?!! My Creation thread is still quite alive and belongs to the people who post on it, not me. But I will go monitor it again. Great to be back!!

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

I never keep any personal info on my computers. And when I make a business transaction, I do so over the phone, not on the Internet. Microsoft Cloud computing, and Windows 10, will spread personal info all over the Internet to third parties. That is an accident looking for a place to happen. Your phone will also be tied to Windows 10 and third parties.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I never keep any personal info on my computers. And when I make a business transaction, I do so over the phone, not on the Internet. Microsoft Cloud computing, and Windows 10, will spread personal info all over the Internet to third parties. That is an accident looking for a place to happen. Your phone will also be tied to Windows 10 and third parties.

Dear CherubRam,

I don't know how to do my banking over the phone. I will have to ask my Credit Union about it. I had Windows 10 for a very short time. I found out that I could not get videos, but instead I got green boxes instead of the videos. So I went back to Windows 8.1 which I use right now. I'm not going to Windows 10 until they get the bugs out. Maybe never. Thanks for the Heads-Up!!

Praise Our Lord,

Michael