but i finally got it:
Spoiler
ec38dd09b030fe0cc4f2e342e9a5183b.jpg

kinda like wilfred brimley yelling at you to eat your damn oatmeal :chuckle:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not necessarily it isn't.

Do people who have done nothing wrong have mental illness?

What about people who have sinned? Do they all have mental illness?

Maybe these are some things to think about.

People say that I have mental illness but I do not believe that I do. I do believe that I have been drugged. And I do not believe that someone who is fine should try any drug. Not even someone who is not fine or okay.

God's Truth

Then why do therapy and pills work on healing some mentally-ill people who continue to live in sin while failing to heal other people who repent and try to live righteous lives (there have been documented cases of monks, nuns, pastors, preachers etc. who struggled with mental illness)?

There are some denominations for which demons cause things like OCD, superstitions, suicide attempts.
For instance, there are a lot of people with OCD and superstition in the Catholic denomination; and, there are many suicides in the Mormon denomination when young people attempt to leave it.
However, there are also some people who are born with brain damage.

Arthur Brain

AB is the classless halfwit drunk on malt liquor who shows up uninvited to a party just to make racist comments while having diarrhea in his clown pants.

Yeah, you're just full of class...or something.

:plain:

Otherwise, my response was in answer to Lucian and if you're another nut that denies the reality of mental illness then once again, clueless as ever.

(Oh, and please stop projecting)

Truster

The Old Testament tells us that God punished King Saul by allowing an evil spirit to torment him. In what way, it is not very clear, but from Sault's erratic behavior, I conclude that it was some sort of mental illness (paranoia, schizophrenia, OCD etc.).

Can we take this incident as an example that mental illness could be a punishment for our sinful actions, and if so, is any attempt to treat mental illness through other means than seeking Gog's forgiveness futile?

If you think it is for you then it is.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Old Testament tells us that God punished King Saul by allowing an evil spirit to torment him. In what way, it is not very clear, but from Sault's erratic behavior, I conclude that it was some sort of mental illness (paranoia, schizophrenia, OCD etc.).

Can we take this incident as an example that mental illness could be a punishment for our sinful actions, and if so, is any attempt to treat mental illness through other means than seeking Gog's forgiveness futile?

No, but a broken leg is. I never seek Gog, only God.