Theology Club: Is SaulToPaul an Acts 28 Dispensationalist?

Jerry Shugart

One of Jerry's weighty responses designed to make you feel like a complete idiot and failure as a Christian if you do not quickly agree with him.

Of course you want to change the subject from the Scriptures we were discussing to me. You want nothing to do with what I said to your remarks here:

I believe there is one Body of Christ, made up of heirs and joint-heirs.

Then why do you deny that these people Paul addressed were in the Body of Christ?:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment can see that Paul tells those who received this epistle that they are heirs and co-heirs with Christ. And by your own ideas they must be members of the Body of Christ:

I believe there is one Body of Christ, made up of heirs and joint-heirs.

You are so confused that you think that those with an open mind would actually believe that Paul would write these words to the unsaved:

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Ro.8:15-18).​

Your ideas are completely divorced from reality that anyone would be foolish to actually believe the fables which you dreamed up in your head.

Last edited:

Danoh

I should have my own Forum, dedicated to correction of my heresies.

In an ideal world, such a forum would be populated by those who assert they hold to Hermeneutic, actually do; actually face head on those issues some part of their conscience causes them to wonder if maybe what they are asserting is actually not based on the Word, but rather; on what or how they want things to be.

Including this fool's gold - the fool idea of "an ideal world," before its appointed time.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm good, of course. ;)

I'll tell you what. I can't keep track of that STP. Every time I turn around he's believing something else, and he just keeps running and hiding. :chuckle:

Anyone with the slightest bit of discernment can see that STP is a heretic. What other reason could there be keeping him from sticking to Jerry's scripted proof text debates?

He is the Master of quoting one verse, and ignoring the rest of what the LORD said.

Why would he do that? An agenda. He wants to be the third in the holy trinity of "original MAD".

Sir Andersen
Sir O'Hair
Sir Shugart

glorydaz

Anyone with the slightest bit of discernment can see that STP is a heretic. What other reason could there be keeping him from sticking to Jerry's scripted proof text debates?

He is the Master of quoting one verse, and ignoring the rest of what the LORD said.

Why would he do that? An agenda. He wants to be the third in the holy trinity of "original MAD".

Sir Andersen
Sir O'Hair
Sir Shugart

:rotfl:

Jerry Shugart

Let me get this straight.

Are you really saying that Paul addressed this words to unsaved people?:

You teach that those in the church at Rome were not saved when Paul wrote those words to them. Do you really think Paul would tell the unsaved that they are "joint-heirs with Christ" and they will be glorified together with Christ?

Please tell me that this is just a big joke that you are pulling on me and these ideas are not really coming from a person who calls himself a Mid Acts Dispensationalist.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Let me get this straight.

Let me get this straight. Are you really saying that James addressed these words to saved people?

James 4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Jerry Shugart

Let me get this straight. Are you really saying that James addressed these words to saved people?

James 4
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Anyone who behaves in a manner which brings shame to the Body of Christ does indeed make himself an "enemy" of God. And the person spoken of at 1 Corinthians 5:1 is such an enemy of God in his "walk" that this is what is said about him:

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (1 Cor.5:5).​

In his "walk" this man had become an enemy of God but yet in his "standing" before the Lord he was completely identified with the Lord Jesus, having been raised together with Christ and sitting together with Him in heavenly places.

You teach that those in the church at Rome were not saved when Paul wrote those words to them. Do you really think Paul would tell the unsaved that they are "joint-heirs with Christ" and they will be glorified together with Christ?

SaulToPaul 2

Anyone who behaves in a manner which brings shame to the Body of Christ does indeed make himself an "enemy" of God. And the person spoken of at 1 Corinthians 5:1 is such an enemy of God in his "walk" that this is what is said about him:

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (1 Cor.5:5).​

In his "walk" this man had become an enemy of God but yet in his "standing" before the Lord he was completely identified with the Lord Jesus, having been raised together with Christ and sitting together with Him in heavenly places.

Members of the Body are not enemies.

However, in the tribulation, a friend of the world is an enemy of God. This is why James is telling them.

Jerry Shugart

Members of the Body are not enemies.

You are sadly mistaken if you think that a Christian cannot make himself an enemy of God during his "walk." let us look at this verse again:

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (Jas.4:4).​

Those Christians who are the friends of the world are those who have been conformed to the world:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Ro.12:2).​

A Christian can indeed by conformed to the world as witnessed by the fact that Paul tells them not to do that. And those who are conformed to the world become enemies of God:

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (Jas.4:4).​

You do know what the word "whosoever" means, don't you.

I have answered James 4:4 and even though you do not agree with me I have answered it.

But you continue to refuse to actually address Romans 8:15-18 and the meaning of that passage:

Last edited: