ECT Is the Mega-Non Denomination Church Good or Bad for Christians

Is the mega-non denomination church a good or bad thing for Christians? I ask this question not really sure of the answer. It can be great entertainment leading into worship, and for some, this is how they get close to God thru the working of the Holy Spirit. But as the mega churches get bigger, you are further removed from the pastor. There then becomes a need for associate pastors for just about everything. There's worship pastors, nursery pastors, media pastors, etc. Is this good for the average Christian with problems?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Non denominations are denominations. They still have the basic rules of a denomination.

Mocking You

Is the mega-non denomination church a good or bad thing for Christians? I ask this question not really sure of the answer. It can be great entertainment leading into worship, and for some, this is how they get close to God thru the working of the Holy Spirit. But as the mega churches get bigger, you are further removed from the pastor. There then becomes a need for associate pastors for just about everything. There's worship pastors, nursery pastors, media pastors, etc. Is this good for the average Christian with problems?

How big was the church at Jerusalem?

Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Large churches typically have small groups where one-on-one fellowship takes place. This is where issues can be discussed and if needed, they can be taken to a pastor.

journey

I have no problem with large churches if they rightly divide God's Word and have their priorities right. As an example, entertainment should not be a priority. This doesn't mean that I dislike good music in a church. The main priority should be to feed people from the Word of God.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Which rules are you referring to? :idunno:

On my first google look up, I found, "Individuals desiring to unite with the church should first speak to the pastor who will give them a copy of the church Constitution and Bylaws."
Church Constitution and Bylaws is a sign of a denomination

How big was the church at Jerusalem?

Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Large churches typically have small groups where one-on-one fellowship takes place. This is where issues can be discussed and if needed, they can be taken to a pastor.
The problem with that is we ALL believe a little different, even though we all use the same bible. Instruction is not solely from the pastor, but is supplimented by the books we read, the radio stations we listen to, and the tv we watch. Are you in 100% agreement with your pastor? I hold Dr. John MacArthur in the highest esteem, yet I don't agree with him on 100% of his teaching. But where we differ, I don't find is essential to the Christian faith.

I have no problem with large churches if they rightly divide God's Word and have their priorities right. As an example, entertainment should not be a priority. This doesn't mean that I dislike good music in a church. The main priority should be to feed people from the Word of God.
I agree. Nothing is more important than feeding the people the word of God.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. They usually have a set of core beliefs that they are more than willing to share. That's been my experience.

Core belief #A -faith precedes regeneration.
Core belief #B -regeneration precedes faith.

You say core belief #A is right and then that makes you denomination.

There are some core belief #B and that makes two denominations either agreeing with the other.

Now you have two denominations called non denominational.

Non denominational is the dumbest invention dumb and dumber has ever invented.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is the mega-non denomination church a good or bad thing for Christians?
It's all a part of the mystery of iniquity that doth already work (2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV) run by these (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). They're no good for those who nameth the name of Christ (2 Timothy 2:19 KJV).

Mocking You

The problem with that is we ALL believe a little different, even though we all use the same bible. Instruction is not solely from the pastor, but is supplimented by the books we read, the radio stations we listen to, and the tv we watch. Are you in 100% agreement with your pastor?

No, not 100%. But the differences are very minor and not concerning the fundamentals of the faith.

I hold Dr. John MacArthur in the highest esteem,

Sorry to hear that.

yet I don't agree with him on 100% of his teaching. But where we differ, I don't find is essential to the Christian faith.

So you're a Calvinist. <Sigh>

Core belief #A -faith precedes regeneration.
Core belief #B -regeneration precedes faith.

You say core belief #A is right and then that makes you denomination.

There are some core belief #B and that makes two denominations either agreeing with the other.

Now you have two denominations called non denominational.

Non denominational is the dumbest invention dumb and dumber has ever invented.
You just don't understand, or you just refuse to understand.