Is there a risk of death from the covid vaccine?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The SARS2 virus is probably another virus that we're all going to have to live with. And that's fine because for most people it basically is a bad cold.

Seasonal flu has an infection fatality rate of ~0.1%, but COVID-19 has an infection fatality rate of ~0.5%. Source:

Right Divider

Body part
You are misrepresenting the evidence: the overall evidentiary picture is that masks have a positive impact.
If you call almost nothing a "positive impact".
Calling them "face diapers" appears to be a desperate attempt to rescue the untenable position that they don't work.
CLOTH masks (i.e., face diapers) are completely useless, per the scientific evidence. This is why Fauci and others recommended multiple layers.
Do you want to have an adult conversation, based on the evidence, about the efficacy of masks? I am happy to do so.
India had/has VERY high levels of mask compliance and it did nothing substantial to help them.
Sweden had/has VERY low levels of mask compliance and they are no worse off than places that were highly mask compliant.

Right Divider

Body part
Seasonal flu has an infection fatality rate of ~0.1%, but COVID-19 has an infection fatality rate of ~0.5%. Source:

Seasonal flu kills TENS of THOUSANDS of people in the US .... every single year. There are vaccines every year for it. And yet you think that a very similar disease will be eradicated by getting "everyone vaccinated". You live in a bizarre world in that mind of yours.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Seasonal flu kills TENS of THOUSANDS of people in the US .... every single year. There are vaccines every year for it. And yet you think that a very similar disease will be eradicated by getting "everyone vaccinated". You live in a bizarre world in that mind of yours.
What's bizarre is your wildly distorted misunderstanding of the facts.

expos4ever

If you call almost nothing a "positive impact".
Where is your evidence. Here is mine. From the Royal Society:

As expected, the different estimates show some variation. Still, all suggest that the effect of introducing face mask regulation reduces the reproduction number by 15–40%, a rather big reduction for one single preventive measure. Even at the lower end of this interval (EFM = 15%), a community not using face masks and currently having RNo ≈ 1.2 (with a doubling time of daily cases being less than a month) would change its reproduction number to RFM ≈ 1 if face masks were made mandatory, hence more or less stopping the growth. If instead EFM = 25% the new reproduction would be RFM ≈ 0.9 and transmission would start declining in the community.

benben

The virus started in China where people have religiously worn masks for decades. Didn't work. Then in Japan where they supposedly defeated the virus with masks.. look at them now. There are scientific studies going back years that show masks are ineffective against airborne viruses. And our worldwide experience proves what science has been telling us for all those years. Face diapers aren't effective mitigators of an airborne virus.

I don't expect everyone to be convinced by evidence. People still believe in evolution in spite of the evidence, so I'm not surprised when people exercise their blind faith in a similar way when it comes to face diapers. It's much easier to continue pretending that they work than it is to admit that those right-wingers who were laughing at you for wearing a mask this whole time were right.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Where is your evidence. Here is mine. From the Royal Society:

As expected, the different estimates show some variation. Still, all suggest that the effect of introducing face mask regulation reduces the reproduction number by 15–40%, a rather big reduction for one single preventive measure. Even at the lower end of this interval (EFM = 15%), a community not using face masks and currently having RNo ≈ 1.2 (with a doubling time of daily cases being less than a month) would change its reproduction number to RFM ≈ 1 if face masks were made mandatory, hence more or less stopping the growth. If instead EFM = 25% the new reproduction would be RFM ≈ 0.9 and transmission would start declining in the community.
Well, we certainly cannot argue with "the Royal Society".

marke

You still have not provided even a smidgen of evidence that Fauci bears any responsibility for this.
I don't care what you choose to believe. I have factual details proving Fauci and others, including Bill Gates, fully supported the gain-of-function research at Wuhan that gave us the covid virus.

Anthony S. Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said there is “no doubt” Donald J. Trump will be confronted with a surprise infectious disease outbreak during his presidency.
Fauci has led the NIAID for more than 3 decades, advising the past five United States presidents on global health threats from the early days of the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s through to the current Zika virus outbreak.
During a forum on pandemic preparedness at Georgetown University, Fauci said the Trump administration will not only be challenged by ongoing global health threats such as influenza and HIV, but also a surprise disease outbreak.

marke

Nope - the message is that retarded Americans are refusing to protect themselves by getting vaccinated so now everyone has to pay the consequences.
There is no covid vaccine and the covid shot being touted as a vaccine is not increasing or decreasing covid infections around the world.

marke

It is beyond debate that the American right has shifted from a position of respectability (e.g. in the 70s and 80s) to the veritable freak show that is today.

It used to be that Republicans argued for small government, a strong military, traditional social institutions, and relatively unbridled capitalism.

Now they embrace out-and-out lying, believe in secret pedophile rings operating out of pizzerias, elected an unqualified authoritarian demagogue as President, and are rushing needlessly into the arms of death and disease by refusing vaccination.

I suspect that William F. Buckley Jr. is spinning in his grave.
When liars and barbarians seize illegitimate control over a society they dehumanize, persecute and murder good people. Ignorant rubes support the atrocities because ignorant rubes are easily deceived by lying barbarians.

marke

Mas
You are misrepresenting the evidence: the overall evidentiary picture is that masks have a positive impact. Calling them "face diapers" appears to be a desperate attempt to rescue the untenable position that they don't work.

Do you want to have an adult conversation, based on the evidence, about the efficacy of masks? I am happy to do so.
Masks have been highly favored by fascist democrat demigods and their dutiful sycophant supporters, but masks do not impede the passage of covid particles. Every scientist worth his salt knows that.