ECT Is this person a Christian?

republicanchick

this person believes Jesus paid the price for our sins, to make a way to Heaven

• that no one is made by God to be in Hell
  • that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day
  • that humans are hopeless and cannot get into Heaven without Jesus
  • that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works

So,

is this person Christian to you?

++

HisServant

• that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day
  • that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works

So,

++

Sounds like a Judiazer to me.... not a Christian, due to the last point.

Jesus has sent his spirit to lead us into all truth, he will let us know what we are to do and how we are to behave. Saying that we are to do what Jesus said in the 1st century to people who do not understand the world as we do is the height of ignorance... most of us are also not Jewish converts.

No man can tell you what to do or how to be obedient.. that is what the Holy Spirit is for. That is why we are test each other's spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So,

++

Nope, good works are not a requirement for salvation. Otherwise you admit that Jesus sacrifice on the cross was not enough.

HisServant

Nope, good works are not a requirement for salvation. Otherwise you admit that Jesus sacrifice on the cross was not enough.

I would also say that we do good works not to gain merit or favor but because it is our new nature to love one another and good works just happen as a result of that.

republicanchick

Sounds like a Judiazer to me.... not a Christian, due to the last point.

Jesus has sent his spirit to lead us into all truth, he will let us know what we are to do and how we are to behave. Saying that we are to do what Jesus said in the 1st century to people who do not understand the world as we do is the height of ignorance... most of us are also not Jewish converts.

No man can tell you what to do or how to be obedient.. that is what the Holy Spirit is for. That is why we are test each other's spirit.

I can tell by your posts that you do not always even KNOW the Holy Spirit, much less do you listen and obey the HS

Sorry, just being honest... If you want sugar coated lies, go to some other poster or something

+++

HisServant

I can tell by your posts that you do not always even KNOW the Holy Spirit, much less do you listen and obey the HS

Sorry, just being honest... If you want sugar coated lies, go to some other poster or something

+++

Say what you want... I know who you are and your lies and deceptions mean nothing to me.

All I do is care about your soul... because you are a very lost individual.. but there is still hope for you.

I would also add that I have seen your type before... people come here and spout Catholicism or some other form of christianity and write post after post after post... I see it as a crisis in your life and a sign of your insecurity.

You definitely cannot be trying to actually witness or convert people here because you are going about it all the wrong way.

All I see in you is a lost soul crying for help.

republicanchick

"When I was hungry, you gave me no food..."

"Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty and not tend to your needs?"

"amen, I say to you, when you [neglected] the least of My brethren, you [neglected] Me."

and these will go off to eternal punishment

Mt 25:31-46

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"amen, I say to you, when you [neglected] the least of My brethren, you [neglected] Me."

Good works do not save. Why quote a parable of judgment rather than show that good works aide in salvation?

john w

Hall of Fame

So,

++

No-it's called lost/blind, a member of the Roman Catholic Organization.

EOT. DOA. CLOSED.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Any one who has trusted the Lord for salvation believing the gospel of Christ is saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

that no one is made by God to be in Hell
We were born not made and none of us were born to go to hell.
that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day
You have a choice to make.

that humans are hopeless and cannot get into Heaven without Jesus
You can't "get to heaven" without the righteousness of God upon you (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That's the golden ticket as they say.

that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works
Salvation for us is not in doing, but trusting the Lord believing His faith and finished work in our place.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

heir

TOL Subscriber

This is future after the Body of Christ is caught up and after the great trib. Those who bless Israel during the trib. will be allowed to enter the kingdom, those who didn't will go into everlasting punishment. It has NOTHING to do with us!

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Matthew 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Matthew 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Matthew 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Matthew 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Matthew 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Matthew 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

republicanchick

Good works do not save. Why quote a parable of judgment rather than show that good works aide in salvation?

if you don't want to believe God's word, that is your choice.

whether we feel like doing good works or do not feel like it, we are required to do them and we do not just do them when we feel llike b/c it is the right thing to do.

the pagans do that...

god knows humans better than anyone... He knows that sometimes (often, in fact) we have to fake it b4 we make it... Doing a good deed when we don't feel like it can get us to feel like it... but even if not... we are told we have to do good deeds and that is what will determine our fate. Nowehre in the Word does it say what you BELIEVE in only your head will save you... What you believe in the depths of your heart is what will affect your actions. In other words, if you love Jesus, you will do what he says and it will not be burdensome to yo0u (usually). And when it is burdensome, doing it anyway is a merit..

=

musterion

that no one is made by God to be in Hell
that all people have a choice to make for or against Jesus and will gain or lose from that decision on Judgment Day
that humans are hopeless and cannot get into Heaven without Jesus
that it is difficult to do all that Jesus says but we have to try and there is no salvation without good works

1. Anyone can believe that and be still be saved or unsaved. It's not quite relevant.
2. Meaningless statement. Depends on what exactly "choice for/against 'Jesus'" means and entails. Also depends on who exactly this 'Jesus' is and what he did and what we're supposed to do about it.
3. Okay, but see #2.
4. No.

In summary, they say there's no such thing as a stupid question. Yours was.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if you don't want to believe God's word, that is your choice.

whether we feel like doing good works or do not feel like it, we are required to do them and we do not just do them when we feel llike b/c it is the right thing to do.

the pagans do that...

god knows humans better than anyone... He knows that sometimes (often, in fact) we have to fake it b4 we make it... Doing a good deed when we don't feel like it can get us to feel like it... but even if not... we are told we have to do good deeds and that is what will determine our fate. Nowehre in the Word does it say what you BELIEVE in only your head will save you... What you believe in the depths of your heart is what will affect your actions. In other words, if you love Jesus, you will do what he says and it will not be burdensome to yo0u

=
You're out of context. Read other replies within the thread.

republicanchick

You're out of context. Read other replies within the thread.

I don't have to read anything. I have the orthodox position. it is there heretics who need to reconsider

and boy do they need to reconsider...

heresy can get you into Hell... and as you know Jesus said FEW find the way to Heaven