Is White Privilege Real?

MrDante

So name one privilege I've been granted just for being white.

one final thought:

enhanced-buzz-5399-1382908465-33.jpg

If you are white it is unlikely that anyone woudl mock the murder of your child

glassjester

Never having your right to exist questioned comes to mind.

A more concrete example would help.
Maybe mention specific policies?

Do I get better prices at the grocery store for being white?
Do I get to cut in line at the DMV for being white?
Do I get a different tax rate for being white?

What specific privilege(s) do I get, just for being white?

glassjester

Corporate America, politics/government, media, judicial system, police (local, state, federal) are disproportionately controlled by white interests. In a country founded by rich white men some of which owned minorities as slaves.

Currently, which government policies specifically favor white people?

And what's with those Asians doing so darn well for themselves?
Maybe the constitution was written by a bunch of rich Asians, meant to favor other Asians! :idea:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Currently, which government policies specifically favor white people?

And what's with those Asians doing so darn well for themselves?
Maybe the constitution was written by a bunch of rich Asians, meant to favor other Asians! :idea:

It's not simply about money.

Selaphiel

You are utterly naive and/or ignorant if you think racial discrimination boils down to only what people (be it individuals, authorities, corporations or governments) do consciously. Racism is systemic and often subconscious. This manifests in being discriminated against when getting considered for a job (here, not in the US, there are countless tests that show if a person changes their surname to a native one, they get called for the interview they otherwise didn't get with the same CV and presentation). Then there is the preferential treatments of the judicial system. Blacks in the US gets consistently stricter sentencing than whites for the same crime. Look for example at the bottom chart that shows sentencing for felony drug possession:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/opinion/sunday/unequal-sentences-for-blacks-and-whites.html?_r=0

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
All current policy favors white people? Are you serious?

Alright. Pick one then. Pick one, and explain how it specifically targets non-whites, and benefits only whites.

It's tacit...issues whites have the luxury of not being burdened with whilst maintaining the advantage and privilege of dismissing or denying.

glassjester

It's tacit...issues whites have the luxury of not being burdened with whilst maintaining the advantage and privilege of dismissing or denying.

You claim that all policies favor whites... yet you cannot explain even one specific example.

Strange.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So name one privilege I've been granted just for being white.

one final thought:

enhanced-buzz-5399-1382908465-33.jpg

If you are white it is unlikely that anyone woudl mock the murder of your child

You are wrong, ive had the murder of my child mocked and i'm white.

Do tell how not being mocked,over a childs death is a privilege.

Since you are confused:

priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun
noun: privilege; plural noun: privileges

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

You know like affirmative action, a special right, advantage, available only to a particular group of people.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A more concrete example would help.
Maybe mention specific policies?

Do I get better prices at the grocery store for being white?
Do I get to cut in line at the DMV for being white?
Do I get a different tax rate for being white?

You dont, but others get affirmative action privileges.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You claim that all policies favor whites... yet you cannot explain even one specific example.

Strange.

It permeates the whole of the system. Again it's tacit, any particular examples would simply be summarily denied/dismissed by those with the advantages to do so. The Ferguson, MO situation is a prime example.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It permeates the whole of the system. Again, it's tacit any particular examples would simply be summarily denied/dismissed by those with the advantages to do so. The Ferguson, MO situation is a prime example.

You mean that lie that a thug had his hands up and a white cop shot him unfairly?

That white man cant even get a job now and he did NOTHING wrong, doesn't seem so privileged to me.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You mean that lie that a thug had his hands up and a white cop shot him unfairly?

That white man cant even get a job now and he did NOTHING wrong, doesnt seem so privledged to me.

You just made my point.

There's a larger social issue at play underscoring this particular incident...though you have the convenient advantage of totally ignoring it by focusing upon the petty superficialities.

quip

BANNED
Banned
What privileges? You keep being asked that.

You've never held the burden of systematic racial discrimination. It's not germane to a white persons life, though it's something minorities must live with daily.

This is an example of white privilege.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You just made my point.

There's a larger social issue at play underscoring this particular incident...though you have the convenient advantage of totally ignoring it by focusing upon the petty superficialities.

yes that thugs matter, certainly not a privilege. Society is better off without the lawless.

I had the privilege of having my son murdered in a predominately thug area while he was driving home from work.