Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Huh? What does that mean?

Stuart
Stuart, I'm not going to babysit you through learning about how carbon-14 exists where it shouldn't if BB is true. I gave you a link for you to read which provides details. I recommend you click on it and learn something.

Stuu

Stuart, I'm not going to babysit you through learning about how carbon-14 exists where it shouldn't if BB is true. I gave you a link for you to read which provides details. I recommend you click on it and learn something.
Can you tell me where 'Carbon 14 exist in places where it shouldn't', and exactly why that is, and what paper published those results, and what peer review process the journal has in place, and what the status of those results is in the wider context of the field of radioisotope dating?

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Can you tell me where 'Carbon 14 exist in places where it shouldn't', and exactly why that is, and what paper published those results, and what peer review process the journal has in place, and what the status of those results is in the wider context of the field of radioisotope dating?

Stuart

The article sure does. You should read it.

Jose Fly

Still not a single piece of evidence to contradict a 4.54 billions year old earth.

Stuart
If some Christians want to run around telling everyone that to be a Christian you have to believe the earth is flat and only 6,000 years old, I say let 'em.

Stuu

If some Christians want to run around telling everyone that to be a Christian you have to believe the earth is flat and only 6,000 years old, I say let 'em.
Indeed. But the problem is that once someone has made the high emotional investment in the absurdities of christianity, there is little they won't believe, which can cause subsequent problems.

Stuart

Stuu

Ignoring evidence doesn't make it go away, Stuart.
And asserting that evidence exists does not make it magically appear.

Go read through the link. You might learn something.
What would I learn, do you think? What is the single, devastating point that in itself completely disproves a 4.54 billion year old earth, and how exactly does it achieve that?

Stuart

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And asserting that evidence exists does not make it magically appear.

No, but providing it, as I have done, for you to view shows that it does exist.

What would I learn, do you think?

I don't know. You should go read the link and stop asking so many questions.

What is the single, devastating point that in itself completely disproves a 4.54 billion year old earth, and how exactly does it achieve that?

Stuart

Perhaps you should go read the link and find out.

Stuart, your bias is showing. Stop it.

Jose Fly

Indeed. But the problem is that once someone has made the high emotional investment in the absurdities of christianity, there is little they won't believe, which can cause subsequent problems.

Stuart
For themselves perhaps. But the survey data is pretty clear...Christianity's anti-scientific stance is driving people away from the faith, especially young people.

So when they want to argue a flat and young earth, let them take the stage and give 'em a microphone.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you mean like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Lent, etc?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
For themselves perhaps. But the survey data is pretty clear...Christianity's anti-scientific stance is driving people away from the faith, especially young people.

So when they want to argue a flat and young earth, let them take the stage and give 'em a microphone.

Lumping flat-earthers in with the rest of Biblical creationists is an insult to Biblical creationists.

Stuu

I have become increasingly conflicted over the years in regards to creationism and scientific communication. If you are looking for a basic theoretical explanation, ironically it is often the introduction on a creationist website that gives the best grounding in a topic. I guess this is done to explain the context to an audience who are fairly scientifically ignorant, and the writers must have a great deal of time and other resources to prepare these carefully. Of course the next thing you read down the page is patent nonsense that aims to discredit the carefully explained science.

So while I agree with you about people being turned off by nonsense, there may also be a way to rehabilitate the fraudsters by destroying the nonsense and embracing the good.

Stuart

Stuu

No, but providing it, as I have done, for you to view shows that it does exist.
Sorry? What did you 'provide', exactly?

I don't know. You should go read the link and stop asking so many questions. Perhaps you should go read the link and find out. Stuart, your bias is showing. Stop it.
One fact that disproves the 4.54 billion year age of the earth? Can you articulate one?

Stuart

Stuu

Do you mean like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Lent, etc?
Well yes, most christian festivals are pagan holidays that have been assimilated.

But what I really mean is the ridiculousness of believing that a man walked again after he had been executed by the Romans, or that someone could be born of only one parent, or could walk on the surface of water, or that you can know anything of what Jesus said, or know anything about his childhood when there are no eyewitness accounts for anything that Jesus did.

If you believe that list, you will believe anything.

Stuart