Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Have you missed the flat Earth threads here? There are more than couple of you on this site alone who share the flat-Earth view
Have you noticed that in those threads are Christians who rebuke the flat earthers for believing lies and conspiracies?

Greg Jennings

One is founded on conspiracies, one is founded on evidence.

[sarcasm]Yeah, they're the same.[/sarcasm]

Do you think flat Earthers don't believe in their "evidence"? It's very very much the same as you denying established science in favor of a universe and Earth that are quite old

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The issue is this: if a large percentage of Christians continue to insist on obvious falsehoods, that will turn the young, now primarily educated generation away from it.

Primarily educated? Most students today do not obtain the same standard of education as was possible 30-50 years ago.

Greg Jennings

Well aware, and agreed. Which is why it's part of my argument.

It's the fact that you CAN find C14 in fossils and diamonds that we know that they are not millions of years old. You may want to go read the article yourself, because you've clearly missed the point of my argument.

If there is significant amounts of C14 in fossils, diamonds, and other places which are claimed to be millions of years old, then those items cannot, I repeat, CANNOT be millions of years old, BECAUSE C14 breaks down completely (to levels which are insignificant) in less than 100,000 years.

But you don't JR. Other than contaminants. I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I've spoken personally to experts about this. It's a problem they quite literally laugh at

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But you don't JR. Other than contaminants. I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I've spoken personally to experts about this. It's a problem they quite literally laugh at
Except there is c14 being discovered in significant amounts.

There are plenty of links on http://kgov.com/c14 that link to places it has been found.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
More students are college educated in this country than at any point in the past.

50 years ago less than half the population even attended college

Sure, more people are being educated, but that's not what I was talking about. I said that it's not at the same standard. In other words, the quality of their education is not as good.

Jose Fly

Have you noticed that in those threads are Christians who rebuke the flat earthers for believing lies and conspiracies?
The question remains....what is your explanation for why the world's earth scientists have concluded that the earth is ancient for well over two centuries?

Stuu

Yeah, there's only one entity telling people they have to choose between Christianity and science, and it ain't science.
Obviously science says that the tenets of christianity have such a low probability that it would be perverse to believe them. And obviously there are many people who value the scientific method and hold christian beliefs. But I don't think you can say they are compatible in any way. Science has been killing christianity for a long time, and I think that is a marvelous thing for humanity.

Stuart

Stuu

Well since he accused the Jewish high priests, Caiaphas chief among them, of hypocrisy within the temple, I think it's fair to say he wasn't a fan of it
I should have been clearer. How can you possibly know anything of what Jesus said at all?

Stuart

6days

Jesus died for the angelic beings who sinned and human beings who sinned.

That's why he reconciled everyone to the Father.
No... You promote heresy... and turn the Gospel into foolishness. The angelic beings were not sentenced to physical death because of sin. Christ's death on the cross and His resurrection have ZERO connection to angelic beings.

A good place to start reading, and understanding WHY Jesus went to Calvary...and WHO He did it for is Romans 5