ECT Israel's Promised Kingdom

turbosixx

I keep seeing a lot of references to Israel’s future kingdom. I have been wondering what you envision it to be. Of course, Jesus will sit on the throne but will there be a physical temple, priest, an army, sacrifices and so forth. Your thoughts please.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I keep seeing a lot of references to Israel’s future kingdom. I have been wondering what you envision it to be. Of course, Jesus will sit on the throne but will there be a physical temple, priest, an army, sacrifices and so forth. Your thoughts please.

No army but everything else.

Interplanner

There is no 2nd program in the NT that is just about Israel. There is no returning back to an OT type theocracy. The modern state is very secular. But more important there simply is nothing in the NT that "needs" to have anything at all happen in or through Israel.

The kingdom or reign of God is the force of the Gospel message to create obedience in mankind; it is our task to keep expressing it into every corner.

The NT says that the worldwide judgement of God was supposed to occur right after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, but was allowed to be delayed, which is obviously the case. When the NT starts talking about that in Mt 24, or Rom 2, or Heb 9, or 2 Pet 3, there is nothing about things happening to Israel.

This does not mean that the modern situation might not look like a confrontation against Israel is sizing up, but don't be fooled by external appearances. Rev 20's conflict is about all believers everywhere being harrassed by the world for a short period.

Modern Israel may have done some things that the locals resent. That's their problem. Or that people in Europe resented in the past not because of the beliefs of Jews but because so many of them had so much control of money in those European countries. Many of them did not exactly have a miserable time. Countless Jews changed their names to European names that feature the word gold or precious metals or prominence. Many other things have happened to Jews that have not been mentioned by the Bible, and are awful, but not as Christian persecution, etc.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for the input. The reason I ask about the army is because Jesus is going to defeat their enemies so I wondering if he would do it himself or have an army of angels or Israelis.

Now I saw heaven opened and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. (Revelation 19:11 NKJV)​

We'll let the man on the white horse take care of it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rev ch 21 gives the picture of the future Kingdom of God on earth.

There will be no physical temple of stone etc.

The Israel of the OT was but a type of the redeemed Church.

There is no change in the covenant at the return of Christ.

The priests and kings (prophets) of the Kingdom are the resurrected overcomers of the millenia before.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev ch 21 gives the picture of the future Kingdom of God on earth.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.
(2 Peter 3:8 NKJV)​

You skipped over the millennial Sabbath.

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. (Hebrews 4:9 NKJV)​

You also skipped over the Day of Judgment for the rest of the dead.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5 NKJV)

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison... (Revelation 20:7 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

Where are you seeing these "references"?

Cross Reference

In posts by different folks. The claim is that Israel was set aside and that in the future Israel's kingdom will be established.

Ok. Thanks. I believe that insofar as it pertains to Jesus Christ being the fulfillment of God's promises to Israel the millennium speaks of.

turbosixx

God's promises to Israel

Were to promises to Israel?

Gal.3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ...... 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Rom.9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "through Isaac your descendants will be named." 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Phil.3:2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

I would suggest to you the millennium is now.

Cross Reference

Were to promises to Israel?

Gal.3:16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ...... 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Rom.9:6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "through Isaac your descendants will be named." 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Phil.3:2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

Sure. How 'bout Abraham when thinking Israel through?

I suggest you are poorly thinking that through.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eze 37:28 And the heathen[nations/gentiles] shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Sadly, even many professing Christians don't know.

Cross Reference

And Steko doesn't know that everything God says is said by Him using the present tense. He doesn't realize or remember that God is not in time.

turbosixx

Sure. How 'bout Abraham when thinking Israel through?
Not sure what you mean here.

I suggest you are poorly thinking that through.

I never said I was the sharpest knife. I’m listening.

Consider this:
Dan.2:40 Then there will be a fourth kingdom as strong as iron;
I believe everyone agrees the fourth kingdom to be Rome.

44 In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.
Jesus lived and died under the time of the Roman Empire. Did he establish his kingdom while here? What did he say while here?

Matt.10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
Matt.16: 28 "Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
Jn.18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is notof this realm."

After his DBR, what do we see?
Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

I would suggest the kingdom man wants is not the same type of kingdom God wants.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't stop with 1 word retort. Correct me.

Is this prophecy fulfilled or yet to be fulfilled and is it literal?

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***[donkey].

Cross Reference

Is this prophecy fulfilled or yet to be fulfilled and is it literal?

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ***, and upon a colt the foal of an ***[donkey].

fulfilled. literal. it happened. It was already completed in the the foreknowledge of God.

turbosixx

Eze 37:28 And the heathen[nations/gentiles] shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Sadly, even many professing Christians don't know.

That's what Jesus said, "in your midst"

NASB Luke17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

NKJV ... the kingdom of God is within you.”