It is not ideal that women be in authority over men (president)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Its a figment of your imagination anna, the situation does not exist.

Why so you could say Gotcha! sorry not in to playing hypothetical games. Either deal in reality or drop it...there is no qualified female candidate at this time from my POV, and I will choose from those that are left when we vote late next year but, I can assure you I will not be pulling a lever for Carly Fiorina.

Uh, no. It wasn't to say "gotcha," I actually thought you'd give me a thoughtful answer, rocketman. You're someone here whose opinion I would be interesting in hearing. I thought it was a good question, I wasn't playing a game (nor was I "offended" by anything you said), I was looking for a conversation about something I thought was interesting and you weren't. That's all right, life goes on and I'll move on. :e4e:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It is not ideal that women be in authority over men (president)...
No, it is not.

As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths [Isa. 3:12].

"“Children are their oppressors.” The greatest problem in our day is juvenile delinquency. The greatest increase in crime is among young people, and the age drops every year.
“Women rule over them.” Oh, “women’s lib” will not like Isaiah, and they won’t like me any better. “O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.” Whether women rulers are meant here or effeminate men is not clear. I think it is a little of both. The women’s liberation movement is another sign of a decadent age. When women act like men, they are not coming up to a high level but are descending to the male level. The woman has been given a greater amount of tenderness, but when she becomes as blase and brutal as a man, she actually becomes worse than he is. And that is the downfall of the nation. That was true in Israel’s case, and it will be true in our own nation. Go to Italy and see the ruins of Pompeii, and then consider what removed the Romans from the earthly scene. The nation that once ruled the world collapsed—not because they were attacked by someone on the outside, but because they fell from within." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Isaiah 1-35) (electronic ed., Vol. 22, pp. 44–45). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Uh, no. It wasn't to say "gotcha," I actually thought you'd give me a thoughtful answer, rocketman. You're someone here whose opinion I would be interesting in hearing. I thought it was a good question, I wasn't playing a game (nor was I "offended" by anything you said), I was looking for a conversation about something I thought was interesting and you weren't. That's all right, life goes on and I'll move on. :e4e:

Anna, I believe I gave you a very verbose explanation of where I stand on the subject today, and how I feel about the subject at large. Right now in our current election cycle I do not see a qualified female for the position... number one, Right now with the unrest around the globe and the rather weak position this president has put America into, I feel the world would perceive a female leader as weakness... number two. I however would be willing to put my feelings aside if there were a well known strong woman that was running but, that just is not the case. I will not vote for a woman just to say that we elected a woman...that is just as absurd as the people that elected an inept, unqualified black man just to say they elected the first black president. What an absolute stupid thing to do, and look where it has put us as a nation...weak on the world stage, unrest & indebtedness on the home front. It just proves that selecting a leader who has a track record of making good decisions is the most important qualification for the job...IMHO.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 3

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:

glorydaz

Anna, I believe I gave you a very verbose explanation of where I stand on the subject today, and how I feel about the subject at large. Right now in our current election cycle I do not see a qualified female for the position... number one, Right now with the unrest around the globe and the rather weak position this president has put America into, I feel the world would perceive a female leader as weakness... number two. I however would be willing to put my feelings aside if there were a well known strong woman that was running but, that just is not the case. I will not vote for a woman just to say that we elected a woman...that is just as absurd as the people that elected an inept, unqualified black man just to say they elected the first black president. What an absolute stupid thing to do, and look where it has put us as a nation...weak on the world stage, unrest & indebtedness on the home front. It just proves that selecting a leader who has a track record of making good decisions is the most important qualification for the job...IMHO.

:first:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
After Paul disappeared from the scene, his full-bore radicalism shows us how revolutionary was the early Jesus movement.

After his death, people allied to Paul wrote letters by signing his name to the top of them. They have been identified as clearly forgeries. In many cases, his theology was watered down and "domesticated" for his later followers.

Much like we in the 21st century have done with Jesus's authentic teachings.

Huckleberry

I think of Deborah, specifically Judges 4:8-9, and agree that women can indeed be qualified to lead. But if a woman, even a "Deborah" (who I think was quite awesome) is the best you can do then your men just plain suck. You should be ashamed and let that shame motivate you to figure how in the world you've castrated probably the majority of the men in your society, so that you can go fix that.

I get the distinct impression from Judges 4:6-9 that Deborah didn't have a lot of respect for Barak, don't you? And if he was any indication of the condition of men in Israel at the time I really feel sorry for her and every other woman then.

I'd vote for a Deborah if she was the best qualified. I'd also see that as a severe indictment of my society.

P.S. I'd also expect to find women at fault for such a poor male showing. Men are what women demand, however you turn the phrase. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Margaret Thatcher was an anomaly

There may be about 1% of women who are like her...

The same would be true with men. Margaret Thatcher was to the right of Reagan, and for the UK this was very unusual. Her inner strength and conservative politics was unusual for either sex.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone viewed this DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Monstrous-Regiment-Women-Colin-Gunn/dp/B000Y5Q1CW

http://superstore.wnd.com/The-Monstrous-Regiment-of-Women-DVD

Watched it with the wife a few years ago and she could not stop nodding approvingly throughout.

"This film takes its title from a famous tract by 16th-century reformer John Knox, “The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women.” That tract was written to oppose a notorious European female tyrant who sought to stamp out biblical Christianity in Knox's beloved Scotland."

AMR

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think of Deborah, specifically Judges 4:8-9, and agree that women can indeed be qualified to lead. But if a woman, even a "Deborah" (who I think was quite awesome) is the best you can do then your men just plain suck. You should be ashamed and let that shame motivate you to figure how in the world you've castrated probably the majority of the men in your society, so that you can go fix that.

I get the distinct impression from Judges 4:6-9 that Deborah didn't have a lot of respect for Barak, don't you? And if he was any indication of the condition of men in Israel at the time I really feel sorry for her and every other woman then.

I'd vote for a Deborah if she was the best qualified. I'd also see that as a severe indictment of my society.

P.S. I'd also expect to find women at fault for such a poor male showing. Men are what women demand, however you turn the phrase. :chuckle:

Very well said.