It's a vote against Obama...not a vote for Bibi.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Well, even after the presidential snub, and the American taxpayer dollars infused illegally by this administration or it's lackeys to oust Benjamin Netanyahu but, horribly failed to oust Bibi! This is an awesome turn of events and even a breeze over comments on internet Israeli newspapers or blogs it is easy to see that what put Bibi over the top was Obama. People & bloggers in Israel tout that "it was not so much a vote for Bibi but , a vote against Obama" which is telling. America & our allies are tired of his antics...just wish this guy would fade off into the annuls of history as the worst president this nation ever produced and be done with it. I heard a commentator say last night that to compare Jimmy Carters abortion of a presidency with Obama's was do a great disservice to Carter...at least Carter tried to make a turn (Carter Doctrine) at the end when he saw the mess he had created. Anyway feel free to read the the blog from Israel on the snub of Obama in this election but, to get the real feel you must read the Israeli news Facebook comments...Wow! Obama really crapped in his own nest this time.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/6854#.VQoh0ylh0y4

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Obama did not have as much fun being pres as he may have assumed. I think he is a bit miffed. To bad really, he was a two-term lame duck!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Name one American president or any nation friendly to Israel that doesn't support a 2 state solution and wants a stop to Jewish settlements on the West Bank?

"Bibi" may have won the election, but he has effectively "burnt all his political bridges" to do it!

Without any hope for a nation-state, Netanyahu has alienated his international support, undermined Palestian moderates and set the stage for an endless cycle of attacks against Israeli civilians by extremists.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Name one American president or any nation friendly to Israel that doesn't support a 2 state solution and wants a stop to Jewish settlements on the West Bank?

"Bibi" may have won the election, but he has effectively "burnt all his political bridges" to do it!

Without any hope for a nation-state, Netanyahu has alienated his international support, undermined Palestian moderates and set the stage for an endless cycle of attacks against Israeli civilians by extremists.

And that would explain his landslide victory over the liberals in Israel...He won because he is the only one that is being truthful with the people concerning the imminent danger that surrounds them. Israeli's want to survive that is why they have rejected the lying left. America will support Israel because it is the only friend we have left in the region after this president has stabbed all the rest in the back...

chair

The elections in Israel had very little to do with Obama. We have to worry about our immediate neighborhood, as well as economic and social issues.

If you want to understand what happened, read this- even though it was written before the election, it is a good analysis of what is going on here. Here are some highlights:

...The fact is that, beyond the issue of image, on the really key issues there is not a great deal of substance separating the opposition from the prime minister...

On Iran, Herzog’s main associate from the security field, Brigadier General Amos Yadlin, is no less hawkish than Netanyahu. This means that Netanyahu’s poisonous personal relationship with President Obama notwithstanding, a Herzog-led Israel would soon find itself on a collision course with the administration’s Iran policy...

Given all this, the probable result of a Herzog prime ministership would be a short period in which supporters of the administration and the Europeans would gaze with greater warmth and favor on Israel.

Then, at the first security challenge, when Herzog found himself having to respond along the same lines that rightist governments have, this improved atmosphere would rapidly dissipate. This is what happened in 1996, when Prime Minister Shimon Peres responded firmly to Hizballah aggression, and in 2008/9, when centrist Prime Minister Ehud Olmert launched Operation Cast Lead in Gaza against Hamas.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

your boy genuineoriginal said you can't vote against someone

you can only vote for someone
so
when you vote republican because the democratic party supports abortion you are a whore

according to your boy genuineoriginal

didn't you agree with him?

oatmeal

It is his country and Israel does have the right to make its own decisions, with or without international support.

The law of our land is the Constitution

As do we, we should pull out of the UN and do what we need to do to live by our Constitution

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a crime Obama hasn't committed since coming into power? I realize he doesn't drive so no DUIs. But he would if he could.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder if the RINO shrills re-publicanchick and chrysostom saw what happened in Israel. The hard right won in a land slide.

Buzzword

wpid-2015-03-03-22.31.43.png.png

Our alliance with the nation of Israel has yielded ZERO economic benefits for us, zero military benefits, zero benefits of any kind.

But it has provoked the whole region, which would have been at least neutral toward us otherwise, into active hatred and violence against us.

At what point do we finally cut Israel loose and let it sink or swim on its own strength?
For that matter, at what point do we stop posting troops in friendly countries all over the world, in bases which require billions of dollars to maintain?
If Germany or Japan or anyone else asked to build military bases on our soil and maintain a constant troop presence here, we'd treat it as an act of war and use the troops already stationed in their countries to try to wipe them out.

Such is the level of arrogance in the American Exceptionalist mindset that we don't even consider having a massive standing army permanently posted in friendly countries all over the world to be anything but standard operating procedure.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Patrick Buchanan once described Capitol Hill as "Israeli-held territory." I thought he was an idiot.

Now, I'm not so sure, anymore.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The elections in Israel had very little to do with Obama. We have to worry about our immediate neighborhood, as well as economic and social issues.

If you want to understand what happened, read this- even though it was written before the election, it is a good analysis of what is going on here. Here are some highlights:

...The fact is that, beyond the issue of image, on the really key issues there is not a great deal of substance separating the opposition from the prime minister...

On Iran, Herzog’s main associate from the security field, Brigadier General Amos Yadlin, is no less hawkish than Netanyahu. This means that Netanyahu’s poisonous personal relationship with President Obama notwithstanding, a Herzog-led Israel would soon find itself on a collision course with the administration’s Iran policy...

Given all this, the probable result of a Herzog prime ministership would be a short period in which supporters of the administration and the Europeans would gaze with greater warmth and favor on Israel.

Then, at the first security challenge, when Herzog found himself having to respond along the same lines that rightist governments have, this improved atmosphere would rapidly dissipate. This is what happened in 1996, when Prime Minister Shimon Peres responded firmly to Hizballah aggression, and in 2008/9, when centrist Prime Minister Ehud Olmert launched Operation Cast Lead in Gaza against Hamas.

Typical leftist response and you obviously are not paying attention to what is being said by the Israeli's themselves not the left wing Iraeli press...a lot like our country the left cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

your boy genuineoriginal said you can't vote against someone

you can only vote for someone
so
when you vote republican because the democratic party supports abortion you are a whore

according to your boy genuineoriginal

didn't you agree with him?

You can jump down off your soapbox now, your 5 minutes is up. The Iraeli's were not picking between two liberals from different parties which your beloved Republicans continue to offer and continue to lose the presidency with...Bibi won because he is exactly the opposite of the repulicrats in our country...Bibi actualy stands for something regardless of the consequence, in this case his clear contrast with the left & stern resolve was the leadership that Israel desired. The republicans could actualy learn something from this election and obviously so can you.

Last edited:

republicanchick

moron city

the state for the Palestenians should be in Siberia maybe

b/c they were supportive of Hamas bombing Israel last summer

_

rexlunae

Well, even after the presidential snub, and the American taxpayer dollars infused illegally by this administration or it's lackeys to oust Benjamin Netanyahu but, horribly failed to oust Bibi!

That's a bit tenuous, don't you think? What exactly is the link to the Obama administration? The article claims that they received a $350k grant, but what was it for?

There are tons of non-profits in the US injecting themselves into the Israel/Palestine conflict, largely on the Right. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/world/middleeast/06settle.html

And of course, Sheldon Adelson controls both a significant portion of the media in Israel and the Republican Party. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-sheldon-adelson-is-buying-up-israels-media/

This is an awesome turn of events and even a breeze over comments on internet Israeli newspapers or blogs it is easy to see that what put Bibi over the top was Obama.

Funny how he was losing support in polls after snubbing the President. And then he dipped into blatant racism and fear-mongering, and somehow pulled it out at the last moment.

People & bloggers in Israel tout that "it was not so much a vote for Bibi but , a vote against Obama" which is telling.

I think you're confusing your complete obsession with the President for something that anyone anywhere else would do.

This election was called by Netanyahu in the heady days after the last war in Gaza when his approval rate was in the 80s. He called it because he expected to gain huge ground. Instead, he's been forced to run to the right, and he's been enormously weakened, and he may have significantly harmed the relationship with the US, which is far more important to Israel than it is to us. This was a victory for him only in as much as he isn't being booted from office. He's left the peace process with no obvious future, and he's set Israel up to be further isolated from the International community.

America & our allies are tired of his antics...just wish this guy would fade off into the annuls of history as the worst president this nation ever produced and be done with it.

There are really two options. Either we can negotiate with Iran to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon, or we can try to stop them, which probably means eventual war. What Obama is doing is the last hope for peace. I know that isn't very popular, but it is prudent.

I heard a commentator say last night that to compare Jimmy Carters abortion of a presidency with Obama's was do a great disservice to Carter...at least Carter tried to make a turn (Carter Doctrine) at the end when he saw the mess he had created. Anyway feel free to read the the blog from Israel on the snub of Obama in this election but, to get the real feel you must read the Israeli news Facebook comments...Wow! Obama really crapped in his own nest this time.

You really should step out of the bubble every once in a while. The air in there is toxic.

republicanchick

You can jump down off your soapbox now, your 5 minutes is up. The Iraeli's were not picking between to liberals from different parties which your beloved Republicans continue to offer and continue to lose the presidency with...Bibi won because he is exactly the opposite of the repulicrats in our country...Bibi actualy stands for something regardless of the consequence, in this case his clear contrast with the left & stern resolve was the leadership that Israel desired. The republicans could actualy learn something from this election and obviously so can you.

I don't have too much a problem with this...

except for 2 words:

Ted Cruz

+++

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That's a bit tenuous, don't you think? What exactly is the link to the Obama administration? The article claims that they received a $350k grant, but what was it for?

There are tons of non-profits in the US injecting themselves into the Israel/Palestine conflict, largely on the Right. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/world/middleeast/06settle.html

And of course, Sheldon Adelson controls both a significant portion of the media in Israel and the Republican Party. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-sheldon-adelson-is-buying-up-israels-media/

Tit for tat really but, the press was not on his side at all during this election cycle in fact they were all pretty much against him. We could go back and forth all day on this point alone and still not agree...I could really care less that american money was given to campaigns, I do however take great issue with American taxpayer dollars being funneled to an organization trying to influence an election outcome, you know that is what I am getting at so , save the "others were doing it too" routine for the naive & uninformed liberals that revel in this president's lawlessness.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Electio...ion-ties-to-effort-to-unseat-Netanyahu-393905

Funny how he was losing support in polls after snubbing the President. And then he dipped into blatant racism and fear-mongering, and somehow pulled it out at the last moment.

What you call "fear mongering" I would call clear contrast of what defined his agenda with his opponents, any fears he sparked in voters are fully warranted, he took a bold step to define himself & his positions and stuck by it...more than you can say for the "coward in chief" that is currently occupying the white house. As far as "blatant racism" please define the racism that you blatantly heard uttered, I would love to hear another liberal rewrite or give yet another expansion on the definition of racism...as a liberal sees it of course.

I think you're confusing your complete obsession with the President for something that anyone anywhere else would do.

Watching this president make a fool of himself epically & globally is sport to watch not obsession. Unfortunately the damage he has & is doing on the world stage will take decades to repair, if it can be repaired at all.

This election was called by Netanyahu in the heady days after the last war in Gaza when his approval rate was in the 80s. He called it because he expected to gain huge ground. Instead, he's been forced to run to the right, and he's been enormously weakened, and he may have significantly harmed the relationship with the US, which is far more important to Israel than it is to us. This was a victory for him only in as much as he isn't being booted from office. He's left the peace process with no obvious future, and he's set Israel up to be further isolated from the International community.

Let me remind you that this was considered a landslide victory in Israeli election terms and the damage between the U.S. & Israel does not exist outside of the White House the only problems that Israel & the world for that matter have with the U.S. reside in Obama & his arrogance alone.

There are really two options. Either we can negotiate with Iran to prevent them from getting a nuclear weapon, or we can try to stop them, which probably means eventual war. What Obama is doing is the last hope for peace. I know that isn't very popular, but it is prudent.

There is no hope for any peace with Iran and there never was, it is an appeasers fantasy. If you believe truly that any honest & open relationship with Iran or it's Ayatollahs can be reached and will be binding you are as big of a naive fool as Neville Chamberlain was.

You really should step out of the bubble every once in a while. The air in there is toxic.

You are under the absolute absurd fantasy that a deal can be reached with a fascist, terrorist regime and you think I live in a bubble? Dream on pal the bubble or the hole in the sand you have stuck your head in is where you reside.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I don't have too much a problem with this...

except for 2 words:

Ted Cruz

+++
Given that Ted Crua was born in Calgary Alberta Canada and didn't renounce his Canadian citizenship until 2014, wouldn't the conservatives be setting themselves to look like total hypocrites in 2016 if he runs for the presidency - after all those years they spent questioning Barrack Obama's citizenship?

Last edited:

rexlunae

Tit for tat really but, the press was not on his side at all during this election cycle in fact they were all pretty much against him. We could go back and forth all day on this point alone and still not agree...I could really care less that american money was given to campaigns, I do however take great issue with American taxpayer dollars being funneled to an organization trying to influence an election outcome, you know that is what I am getting at so , save the "others were doing it too" routine for the naive & uninformed liberals that revel in this president's lawlessness.

I'm not saying "others were doing it too." I don't really think it's appropriate for our government to spend taxpayer money influencing free elections in allied countries either. I want to know what the grant money was for and if it was used for the appropriate purpose, and what the source was in the first place. The Fox article was, unsurprisingly, vague on that point. OneVoice appears to be an outfit intended to try to build support in both Israel and Palestine for the two-state solution, which is consistent with both the stated policy of the US government, and with what both the Palestinian and Israeli leadership embraced up until the eve of the election. It isn't, at face value, a necessarily partisan endeavor, and it isn't unreasonable to envision legitimate reasons for the State Department to issue them grants. Charges should come with evidence, and an alleged investigation by the Senate is not that.

http://www.onevoicemovement.org/

What you call "fear mongering" I would call clear contrast of what defined his agenda with his opponents, any fears he sparked in voters are fully warranted, he took a bold step to define himself & his positions and stuck by it...

By telling people that they should go to the polls to counter the scary Arab vote? Or that he there would never be a Palestinian state as long as he's PM? Those were both reversals of prior positions he'd taken, as well as being in at least the former's case, blatantly racist. At least when Republicans want to scare white folks about the black vote, they come up with dog whistles to do it (remember the Obamaphone meme?) rather than telling people to run and vote because black people are voting.

more than you can say for the "coward in chief" that is currently occupying the white house. As far as "blatant racism" please define the racism that you blatantly heard uttered, I would love to hear another liberal rewrite or give yet another expansion on the definition of racism...as a liberal sees it of course.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Electio...g-Arabs-to-vote-the-Right-is-in-danger-394176

Let me remind you that this was considered a landslide victory in Israeli election terms and the damage between the U.S. & Israel does not exist outside of the White House the only problems that Israel & the world for that matter have with the U.S. reside in Obama & his arrogance alone.

I don't know a lot about the dynamics of Israeli elections. But I do know what desperation looks like, and Netanyahu was desperate on the eve of the election. He resorted to the worst kind of fear-mongering, and it worked. If you want to call that a landslide, have at it, but I think that he and Israel will regret it.

There is no hope for any peace with Iran and there never was, it is an appeasers fantasy. If you believe truly that any honest & open relationship with Iran or it's Ayatollahs can be reached and will be binding you are as big of a naive fool as Neville Chamberlain was.

So your solution is what? Invade? What's our track record like reshaping middle eastern governments by force?

I don't believe that there can be an honest and open relationship with any Ayatollah. I do think that there can be an open relationship between the people of our countries. The relationship with the government cannot be built on trust. It has to be based on verification.

You are under the absolute absurd fantasy that a deal can be reached with a fascist, terrorist regime and you think I live in a bubble? Dream on pal the bubble or the hole in the sand you have stuck your head in is where you reside.

I don't hold out a lot of hope. I do think it's worth trying, and moreover, we have an obligation to try. Otherwise, no other country is going to go along with any of the other options our more hawkish members want to try. There are a lot of people in the Middle East who want to settle ancient grudges with modern weapons, and that is a very dangerous situation, but we can't really stop Iran from building a nuclear weapon if they are determined enough. All we can do is exert pressure and try to get them to give it up for their own good.

Last edited: