It's about time to overhaul TOL

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it's been a couple of years since we last updated TOL and it's nearing that time where we do it again. We are planning a complete overhaul of the TOL forum software and also the look and feel (i.e., theme). Therefore if you come to TOL and it's "under maintenance" you will know why.

I realize people hate change but with the internet and websites it's a unavoidable fact as server software changes so that you often need to change to be compatible.

I haven't figured out just when this will update take place as it kinda depends on my schedule but hopefully it will occur within the next 2 weeks. It normally takes at least a full day to complete a update such as the one I am planning.

Thanks to all the loyal TOLers out there that have made this place so fun over the last 20 plus years. Here's to another 20 years!!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What in the world does that mean?

Scroll to bottom of this page. See the Pull-Down menu below About Us at bottom right. ;)

Having a dark theme for night viewing is better than using add-ons like Hacker Vision and Deluminate. Even used in combination these browser add-ons never fail to foul up images on a page.

At least there is f.lux, which is much better than Windows' Nite light.
https://justgetflux.com/

AMR

glorydaz

Scroll to bottom of this page. See the Pull-Down menu below About Us at bottom right. ;)

Having a dark theme for night viewing is better than using add-ons like Hacker Vision and Deluminate. Even used in combination these browser add-ons never fail to foul up images on a page.

At least there is f.lux, which is much better than Windows' Nite light.
https://justgetflux.com/

AMR

Oh, that sounds better than just black all the time. :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I find the server busy too often. Then again, I do not use apps or text phones to post here. So, by old standards, it seems too busy for me.