EVERYWHERE in Scripture,
WHENEVER Baptism is mentioned,
it is ALWAYS being done at the hands of men
who baptize IN the power of the Holy Spirit,
and it is NEVER done BY the Holy Spirit
apart from the men who are the
ACTUAL DOERS of the Baptism...

:thumb: Excellent.

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 8:18-19 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

:thumb: Excellent.

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 8:18-19 NKJV)​

Ah-hem! Acts 2:4 KJV.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ah-hem! Acts 2:4 KJV.

I wonder if Acts 2:4 could be a type of fulfillment of Joel's prophecy.

Nah, probably not. Any time someone receives the Holy Spirit there comes a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it fills the whole house where you are sitting. Then there appears to you divided tongues, as of fire, and one sits upon you. And then you are filled with the Holy Spirit and begin to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gives you utterance.

Can you name some of the languages the Spirit gave you utterance.

Fantastic.

Cross Reference

I wonder if Acts 2:4 could be a type of fulfillment of Joel's prophecy.

More like Isaiah's, I would think.

Nah, probably not. Any time someone receives the Holy Spirit there comes a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it fills the whole house where you are sitting. Then there appears to you divided tongues, as of fire, and one sits upon you. And then you are filled with the Holy Spirit and begin to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gives you utterance.

Let us be honest. That wasn't the point you we're making now was it? Seems it had to do with Apostles being present, wasn't it?

Can you name some of the languages the Spirit gave you utterance.

Fantastic.

They wouldn't be "unknown" if I could.

Can you say the miracle of it all wasn't in the hearing of such "unknown" tongues?

DAN P

Arsenios;4 If we look to the example of Paul said:
Hi , and what do you think of Acts 19:6 , where Paul laid his hands of the 12 disciples and they Holt Spirit came upom them and they spske in Languages !!

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi , and what do you think of Acts 19:6 , where Paul laid his hands of the 12 disciples and they Holt Spirit came upom them and they spske in Languages !!

dan p

You mean "unknown languages and prophesied"? Yes, I believe that is exactly what happened, don't you?

DAN P

Take it up with someone else, Bunk.

Hi , and Rom 6:4 is BUNK !!

If you can not explain Rom 6:4 , it is good that you stay away from a verse you can not explain ?

The Greek word in Rom 6:4 in the KJV , says Baptism , but in the Greek is the word BAPTISMA and has a different meaning , understand ??

dan p