JESUS IS A MAN EXACTLY LIKE HIS BRETHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was a man before He got crucified. It is not complicated to see.

He became Spirit after He resurrected. that's why His disciples did not recognize Him right away.

Jesus is a man .

Hebrews 13:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So you don't like the verses I posted?
Careful reading of the New Testament reveals that Jesus was a man and never referred to himself as anything else. The evidence is in the synoptics.

John's account is mystical theology placed into Jesus's mouth after he died. Few Jews would have ever paid attention to anyone who went around saying "I am the Light of the World."

It makes no historical sense, and the portrait John offers is as different from the authentic teacher as night is to day.

I am not saying John is not valuable. It is a profound gospel because it interprets the meaning of Jesus for his followers.

There is one or two verses where Jesus seems to speak indirectly of himself as a prophet. But the only thing he called himself was "Son of Man" or "Son of Adam," which has always meant "human being" in the ancient world of his day.

I am comfortable calling Jesus "God" and realizing that he is half human and half divine according to our faith.

Aimiel

Careful reading of the New Testament reveals that Jesus was a man and never referred to himself as anything else.
Really?!?

Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe: and if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go. Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.

Maybe you should read your Bible more carefully. He said: "You said it, brother!"

Aner

Jesus is a man .

Hebrews 13:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

BR - Now you have me really puzzled. In the other thread - you specifically denied that Jesus is a human person - a human center of conciousness - a man... Now you are saying the opposite...

:noid:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR - Now you have me really puzzled. In the other thread - you specifically denied that Jesus is a human person - a human center of conciousness - a man... Now you are saying the opposite...

:noid:

In the other thread He is human fathered by the Holy Spirit. Is that more understandable?

glorydaz

Careful reading of the New Testament reveals that Jesus was a man and never referred to himself as anything else. The evidence is in the synoptics.

John's account is mystical theology placed into Jesus's mouth after he died. Few Jews would have ever paid attention to anyone who went around saying "I am the Light of the World."

It makes no historical sense, and the portrait John offers is as different from the authentic teacher as night is to day.

I am not saying John is not valuable. It is a profound gospel because it interprets the meaning of Jesus for his followers.

There is one or two verses where Jesus seems to speak indirectly of himself as a prophet. But the only thing he called himself was "Son of Man" or "Son of Adam," which has always meant "human being" in the ancient world of his day.

I am comfortable calling Jesus "God" and realizing that he is half human and half divine according to our faith.

He isn't half human and half divine. He is fully God and fully man...that is according to our faith, and supported by Scripture.

Jesus was God from the beginning....then became flesh and dwelt among us. He didn't stop being God when He took on humanity. The fact is that He created all things before He came and dwelt among us. Then He returned to the glory He had in the beginning when He rose from the dead.

keypurr

Really?!?

Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe: and if I also ask you, ye will not answer me, nor let me go. Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God. Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. And they said, What need we any further witness? for we ourselves have heard of his own mouth.

Maybe you should read your Bible more carefully. He said: "You said it, brother!"

He said he was the Son of God, not God.
Do you understand what he said?

Aimiel

He said he was the Son of God, not God.
Do you understand what he said?
I do, indeed. I also understand other things which you explain away in your un-belief. I believe that He is God, in The Flesh. I believe He is The Light of the World. I believe that He is The Only Saviour. I believe He is The Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. I Believe He is King of kings and Lord of lords. I believe He lives in me. Christ is come... in the flesh... my flesh. He lives in me because He is The Spirit of God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

But you are in the flesh, since you don't have The Spirit of Christ. You are none of His.

Aimiel

He isn't half human and half divine. He is fully God and fully man...that is according to our faith, and supported by Scripture.

Jesus was God from the beginning....then became flesh and dwelt among us. He didn't stop being God when He took on humanity. The fact is that He created all things before He came and dwelt among us. Then He returned to the glory He had in the beginning when He rose from the dead.
Amen. :thumb:

6days

Aner said:
Do you really believe Jesus is a man

Yes, Jesus was a man.. (But much more than just a man)

Aner said:
Can you help by providing your input to the following two questions?
Do you believe that the Jesus conceived was a created human person - human center of consciousness - just like you and I??

Not conceived like you and I. Because He was born of a virgin, He did not inherit the sin nature that you and I have.
Aner said:
Do you believe this Jesus that was conceived could fully independently function independent of any incarnated deity just like you and I?

As a human, Jesus functioned like you and I.

But as humans we don't function independent of our Creator. We are told that Jesus sustains His creation. Our next breath is dependant on Him.*

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Really?!?

Jesus never refers to himself as a god. As I posted before, he used the term "Son of Man" or "Son of Adam."

The phrase means "human being."

No Jew would even think of seeing themselves as divine. And would have been deeply offended to hear it from anyone else.

John's gospel contains dense passages of mystical early Christian theology placed into Jesus's mouth. A consensus of historians have concluded the Jesus in John is not the Jesus who lived and taught among men.

John's Jesus says both "The Father is greater than I" as well as "I and my Father are one."

The Gospel of John is packed with metaphor and myth.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

You're right. Thanks for keeping me on track.
I wasn't thinking.

Jesus is the Lord, Son of God before the world began, according to John's flowery theology.

For Paul, Jesus becomes God's Son at the crucifixion and resurrection.

Matthew and Luke indicate he was made and named so at his birth.

Mark asserts Jesus became Son of God the moment after his baptism.

I like to take the differences in Scripture seriously and find out what the verses or passages meant to its original writers and listeners.
Only then can I understand the New Testament in a way that freely allows me to apply its wisdom to my everyday life.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Surely He is a human person with a human consciousness... Yes? If a man... Adam was fathered by Jehovah. Yes? Was a human person/consciousness.
Christians today have been captured by an ancient medieval heresy called docetism.. It posits that Jesus "only appeared" to be a man. The idea is fundamentally Gnostic.

glorydaz

Surely He is a human person with a human consciousness... Yes? If a man... Adam was fathered by Jehovah. Yes? Was a human person/consciousness.

Adam wasn't fathered by Jehovah. He was created.

Genesis 1:26-27
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

glorydaz

I wasn't thinking.

My pleasure.

Jesus is the Lord, Son of God before the world began, according to John's flowery theology.

No, according to John, Jesus was God from the beginning. John 1:1

Where do you get this?

Matthew says He is Emmanuel....God with us. Neither says he was "made".

No, where do you get this from.

I like to take the differences in Scripture seriously and find out what the verses or passages meant to its original writers and listeners.
Only then can I understand the New Testament in a way that freely allows me to apply its wisdom to my everyday life.

You should stick to the Bible and forget the books about the Bible.

keypurr

I do, indeed. I also understand other things which you explain away in your un-belief. I believe that He is God, in The Flesh. I believe He is The Light of the World. I believe that He is The Only Saviour. I believe He is The Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. I Believe He is King of kings and Lord of lords. I believe He lives in me. Christ is come... in the flesh... my flesh. He lives in me because He is The Spirit of God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

But you are in the flesh, since you don't have The Spirit of Christ. You are none of His.

It was Christ that came in the flesh, not God.

keypurr

I wasn't thinking.

Consider that Jesus was not at the creation but the spirit that was in him was. This spirit spoke through Jesus. That should solve your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.