JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But to us there is but one God, the Father

That's true for Jesus as well. The Father, who is the true God for Jesus and his group, is the Most High God.

The phrase "Most High" is an adjective identifying which God. The Most High God is the Supreme Being.

The term "Supreme" identifies which Being.

If only one Being is God we would not need adjectives to identify which Being.

Lon

Difference between Unit-arians and Trinitarians: We believe all of the scriptures presented in thread. Unit-arians, half. That is the clear difference.

Jerry Shugart

The Father, who is the true God for Jesus and his group, is the Most High God.

When the Lord Jesus told the Jews that God was His Father they knew that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God"
(Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding and the Lord Jesus is not equal to God then there can be no doubt that He would have cleared up this misunderstanding and said that He was not claiming to be God. However, what He told them only made it plainer that He was claiming to be God.

First, He told them that He had the same power to raise up the dead as does the Father (v.21). He then said that all judgment has been committed to Him (v.22). Then He told them this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).​

There can be absolutely no doubt that by those words the Lord Jesus was confirming the Jews' idea that He was making Himself equal to God. And there is no reason at all why He would say those things unless He is God.

jamie, you honor the Father by scknowledging Him as your God. Do you honor the Lord Jesus as you honor the Father?

If not, why not?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And the pendulum swings from one side to the other.

I didn't say Jesus was not God, I said Jesus is not the most high God.

Jesus said, "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all"

The phrase "greater then all" is a comparative term.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Difference between Unit-arians and Trinitarians: We believe all of the scriptures presented in thread. Unit-arians, half. That is the clear difference.

And another difference between the two is that trinitarians claim the Father and Son are equal.

CherubRam

I see that when Trinitarians are corrected they immediately forget what was said to them. I have seen people hate to be wrong so much that they continue in their error. Those who became Christians that insist God is a Trinity were the Pagan's, Gnostic's, and Mystic's. Orthodox Judaism never believed that God is a Trinity. The Judaic Christians were not like that because they believed that joining Paganism to God is a sin. How do you personally feel about Paganism being joined to Christianity? Do you believe that God does not see, or that He does not care?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I started the previous post with the same name to encourage people to explain how 2 particular verses could possibly be referring to just one individual. The scriptures are:

Psalm 110

Isaiah 61:1,2

No one has attempted to explain these verses yet. What is the problem? I would like the people who believe that Jesus is YHWH to share their thoughts as to why these verses do NOT refer to two different Persons.
Do you believe that He died, was buried, and rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scripture? :)

CherubRam

Tell us again why Thomas was wrong when he said this to the Lord Jesus:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​
Yahshua was a god from heaven.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym;) you are all sons of the Most High.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are (gods / elohiym) 35If he called them ('gods / elohiym,) to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.
Good post!

CherubRam

You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.

I can see that you did not study any foot notes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
(8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

oatmeal

Tell us again why Thomas was wrong when he said this to the Lord Jesus:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God"
(Jn.20:28).​

Tell us again why God was wrong when He said this to the prophet Moses:

Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a God to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Or when God said to the children of the most high God.

Psalm 82:6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

oatmeal

GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
(8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Maybe you could teach why God would have to tell God that his throne is forever or tell him about his sceptre?

Why would God have a God that anointed God above his fellows?

Who are the fellows of God? other Gods? so God anointed another God to be above himself?

God's fellows would have to be other Gods, would they not? Why? or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.