ECT JESUS NEVER TAUGHT SOLA SCRIPTURA

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
So what?

The LXX is a translation of the Hebrew texts.

Translating from Hebrew to Greek (or from any language to any other language, for that matter) guarantees a loss of information. Things get "lost in translation," as it were.
The name YHWH cannot be transliterated in to Greek letters, but everything else about Greek was suitable for conveying everything the hebrew had. Information loss is not guaranteed and didn't happen.

About the Masoretic text that you use, it doesn't have this. Luke 24:46

Last edited:

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
I guess you're just going to keep making declarations.
Everytime Jesus spoke of oral tradition He condemned it. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Rev 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add-unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take awayhis part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Last edited:

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
I guess you're just going to keep making declarations.
1Co 1:11 - For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 1:12 - Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 1:13 - Is Christ divided? wasPaul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Everytime Jesus spoke of oral tradition He condemned it.
When Paul spoke of Apostolic oral tradition he valued it.
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Rev 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add-unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take awayhis part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
What's your point? I don't disagree with any scriptures.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
1Co 1:11 - For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 1:12 - Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 1:13 - Is Christ divided? wasPaul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
So who is being divisive here? Me? You? Again, what is your point? I don't disagree with any scriptures.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
1. Not when it's Apostolic oral tradition. That's most valuable!
2. The four Gospels were Apostolic oral tradition before they were written down!
You might to want to actually study apostolic tradition. All the early church fathers believed and taught sola Scriptura.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
So who is being divisive here? Me? You? Again, what is your point? I don't disagree with any scriptures.
The point is no one should add or take away from the closed canon of scripture and then call those additions oral traditions.