Justification by Faith !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified*by*faith.

Now what is it to be Justified by Faith? It's one or two things #1 Its to be Justified by His Faith/Faithfulness, meaning Jesus Christ, its the Faith of Jesus Christ. #2 It's when that Justification by Christ is declared or pronounced in the conscience of the already Justified.

It's never meaning that faith is a condition we must act in order to get Justified before God, cause that overthrows Justification before God based solely upon the Person and Work of Jesus Christ , what He did for the Justified. Then it becomes justification by our works, a false gospel!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified*by*faith.

Now what is it to be Justified by Faith? It's one or two things #1 Its to be Justified by His Faith/Faithfulness, meaning Jesus Christ, its the Faith of Jesus Christ. #2 It's when that Justification by Christ is declared or pronounced in the conscience of the already Justified.

It's never meaning that faith is a condition we must act in order to get Justified before God, cause that overthrows Justification before God based solely upon the Person and Work of Jesus Christ , what He did for the Justified. Then it becomes justification by our works, a false gospel!

Amen, nobody can do anything to get themselves Justified before God.

But we are Justified by the Faith of Jesus Christ if our sins were imputed to Him on our behalf:

Is. 53:11
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore by His Obedience we are Justified / made Righteous:

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And those Christ has Justified by His Blood Work Rom. 5:9-10, it's revealed to each one of them in time through the Gospel when they are Born of the Spirit and given Faith Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

beloved57

You see if those Christ died for are not Justified before God before they believe, and not until they believe, then their act of faith becomes their Justification before God, and not Christ alone, which is error indeed !

If our faith is our righteousness/justification, then we are justified before God by our own righteousness, which is of the law, and not the righteousness of Christ Phil 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you say my Faith makes me just or righteous before God, then you shall be found justified by your own righteousness !

Last edited:

KingdomRose

Wow, is THAT convoluted! Now we are to believe that the faith that will ultimately save us is JESUS' FAITH!! Oh my. And this before my second cup of coffee.:rolleyes:

Surely I have mis-read it.

I think Jesus' brother James had a few words to say about faith. He directed the responsibility for our faith to EACH OF US.

"Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith BY my works. You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is dead?" (James 2:18-20)

I don't think James was talking about Jesus' faith. Each person must have faith and act on it.

beloved57

How therefore should we understand a scripture like this one which seems to be saying that ones faith is counted for righteousness ? Rom 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Its quite simple Faith here is the object of his Faith, Christ. See Jesus Christ is the Believers Righteousness made so by God the Father 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Jer 33:16

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousness.

The Lord being our righteousness is sooner or later made known to God given Faith, hence, The Lord our righteousness is the object of our Faith !

Last edited:

beloved57

Wow, is THAT convoluted! Now we are to believe that the faith that will ultimately save us is JESUS' FAITH!! Oh my. And this before my second cup of coffee.:rolleyes:

Surely I have mis-read it.

I think Jesus' brother James had a few words to say about faith. He directed the responsibility for our faith to EACH OF US.

"Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith BY my works. You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is dead?" (James 2:18-20)

I don't think James was talking about Jesus' faith. Each person must have faith and act on it.

evasion and rabbit trail !

Robert Pate

Banned

Justification by faith is a Christian doctrine. You try to mix it with Calvinism, it doesn't mix and then you wind up saying that Justification by faith is a false doctrine.

beloved57

Justification by faith is a Christian doctrine. You try to mix it with Calvinism, it doesn't mix and then you wind up saying that Justification by faith is a false doctrine.

Rejection of Truth. You dont even believe Christ's death saves, thats not christian !

Nanja

You see if those Christ died for are not Justified before God before they believe, and not until they believe, then their act of faith becomes their Justification before God, and not Christ alone, which is error indeed !

If our faith is our righteousness/justification, then we are justified before God by our own righteousness, which is f the law, and not the righteousness of Christ Phil 3:9

[FONT="]And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you say my Faith makes me just or righteous before God, then you shall be found justified by your own righteousness ![/FONT]

Yes, which righteousness is as filthy rags Is. 64:6. Their Justification before God is based on their own work of faith they do, or believing on Christ with their own mind, when scripture is clear that Salvation / Justification is not of works Eph. 2:9.

But the Justification Christ accomplished in behalf of all He was Surety for as their Covenant Head Heb. 7:22 from Everlasting, they were legally abjured Righteous in God's Sight, Eternally Justified! And that's before they are Given Faith in New Birth and Believe on Him in time.

Heb. 13:20-21
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

beloved57

What Justification by Faith really is !

First of all, Justification by Faith cant apply to #1. The unregenerate, because Faith is a Spiritual Fruit 5:22

22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith

Now, man may have faith which is the fruit of the flesh, a natural human faith, but that has nothing to do with Justification.

#2. Justification by Faith cant apply to the unjustified, in other words, one must already be Justified before God before they can be Justified by Faith.

Justification by Faith is when one who has been Justified by the Blood of Christ alone and before God based on Christ's Blood Rom 5:9 when they receive a conscience assurance of it by Faith the fruit of the Spirit.

Faith justifies the conscience with the spiritual knowledge of the imputed righteousness of Christ . God purifies our hearts by Faith Acts 15:8-9

8And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
The word heart here does include the conscience, for its the word
kardia and means:

lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

kardía – heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference

Faith gives us assurance of our Justification as in the full assurance of Faith Heb 10:22

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Justification by Faith Rom 5:1 is again conscience Justification, wherein the conscience is given to know the peace it has with God, and so its the peace of believing Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

Nanja

What Justification by Faith really is !

First of all, Justification by Faith cant apply to #1. The unregenerate, because Faith is a Spiritual Fruit 5:22

22 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]But [/FONT]the fruit of the Spirit is[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,[/FONT] faith[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif],[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Now, man may have faith which is the fruit of the flesh, a natural human faith, but that has nothing to do with Justification.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#2. Justification by Faith cant apply to the unjustified, in other words, one must already be Justified before God before they can be Justified by Faith.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Justification by Faith is when one who has been Justified by the Blood of Christ alone and before God based on Christ's Blood Rom 5:9 when they receive a conscience assurance of it by Faith the fruit of the Spirit.

[/FONT]Faith justifies the conscience with the spiritual knowledge of the imputed righteousness of Christ . God purifies our hearts by Faith Acts 15:8-9

8[FONT="][B]And God,[/B] which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]9 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
The word heart here does include the conscience, for its the word [/FONT]
kardia and means:

lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

kardía – heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference

Faith gives us assurance of our Justification as in the full assurance of Faith Heb 10:22

[FONT="]Let us draw near with a true heart in full [/FONT][/COLOR][B]assurance of [B]faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

[/B][/B]Justification by Faith Rom 5:1 is again conscience Justification, wherein the conscience is given to know the peace it has with God, and so its the peace of believing Rom 15:13

[/SIZE][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and [/FONT]
peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Perfectly explained!

All God's Sons, Justified from everlasting In their Covenant Head Christ Jesus Eph. 1:4-7; Rom. 3:24; Rom. 5:9 shall be given a New Heart, a new nature; be Born of the Spirit, and receive Faith [passively] as evidence that His Blood was shed on their behalf.

So God Given Faith Gal. 5:22 reveals their Justification in their mind, which from eternity already existed in God's Mind 2 Tim. 1:9, before they knew anything about it.

Hence the Faith of God's Elect Rom. 8:33; Titus 1:1.

Rom. 8:14-16

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

beloved57

Perfectly explained!

All God's Sons, Justified from everlasting In their Covenant Head Christ Jesus Eph. 1:4-7; Rom. 3:24; Rom. 5:9 shall be given a New Heart, a new nature; be Born of the Spirit, and receive Faith [passively] as evidence that His Blood was shed on their behalf.

So God Given Faith Gal. 5:22 reveals their Justification in their mind, which from eternity already existed in God's Mind 2 Tim. 1:9, before they knew anything about it.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Well stated!

Epoisses

Perfectly explained!

Peter said he was elect by the foreknowledge of God 1Pet. 1:2

Paul said those whom God foreknew he predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ Rom. 8:29

The bastardization of predestination will the downfall of the Reformed gospel.

Nanja

The bastardization of predestination will the downfall of the Reformed gospel.

The Gospel Paul preached:

2 Tim . 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Epoisses

The Gospel Paul preached:

2 Tim . 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

God didn't damn people before the world began and to even hint at such a thing is ignorance on a colossal scale. Jesus always used the things of nature to describe faith where it can grow and blossom in some while it can wither and die in others. All the 400 years of Calvinist postulation cannot say for certain why one is saved and another is lost. It's a mystery known only to God himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.