Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
THE BEST POST OF 2007

THE BEST POST OF 2007

Coming in at #1 is.....

:first:

#1. ApologeticJedi's 95 thesis

I have stated many times that when Calvinism is finally killed off there will be crime scene tape all over TOL. There used to be a day when you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Calvinist on TOL, now.... it's tough to get anyone to admit they are a Calvinist. And it's in large part to the great work of folks like ApologeticJedi!

:BRAVO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
THE COMPLETE 2007 LIST....

THE COMPLETE 2007 LIST....

:first: #1. ApologeticJedi's 95 thesis

:second: #2. Poly mimics e4e

:third: #3. centrist101 comes to Jesus

#4. Turbo crushes Red77 like a bug

#5. D2I puts underwear on his head

#6. Bob Enyart lays down some "not-so-subtle" smack

#7. TomO's point is so clear

#8. CRASH describes a death-camp

#9. Psalmist flexes his formatting skills

We have a tie for 10th position!
:up:

#10. Clete gets to the heart of Pettrix's silliness

#10. PastorKevin gives thanks!

#11. Mystery brilliantly uses Pettrix's own material against him

#12. Flipper debunks the conspiracy nuts

#13. CabinetMaker takes his turn with AMR

#14. Delmar uses good 'ol "back-woods" smack!

#15. Lucky rightly compares TOL to a doctors office

#16. carolus magnus can't find a "shmazoo"

#17. Bob Enyart smacks Jukia in classic TOL style

#18. Mystery exposes Pettrix's legalism

#19. mighty_duck (an atheist) straightens out Nang (a Calvinist)

#20. Nineveh dismantles Red77

#21. Shimei loves animals

#22. fool makes a video post

#23. turbo smacks doogie big-time

#24. zoo22 eats a peanut butter sandwich

#25. genuineoriginal is a TOL original

#26. Clete puts things on ice

#27. lucky ponders the "booger eater" forum

#28. Nori talks about funerals

#29. Maximeee enlightens Pettrix

#30. Clete upper-cuts AMR

#31. Yorzhik deconstructs AMR

#32. DFT Dave demonstrates that baloney is baloney

#33. Poly's poetry corner

#34. Pettrix points out some lunacy

#35. ApologeticJedi smacks AMR

#36. Eowyn schools us on homeschooling

#37. Poly talks about temptation

#38. Lucky is a weedeater

#39. Mystery talks about grace teachers

#40. Yorzhik opens lee_merrill's eyes (or tries to)

#41. SaulToPaul lets us in on a mystery

#42. Philetus gives us a fresh take

#43. Chileice compares Knight and Bonds

#44. patman shakes his head

#45. Communism and murder go hand in hand by supersport

#46. Turbo talks about copyrights

#47. NickM talks about poop

#48. DXPose is a proud mom!

#49. BillyBob enjoys the Christmas season

#50. Delmar says it well

HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR 2007

#51. CRASH gives better perspective

#52. Bob Enyart exposes Ron Paul (again)

#53. Nineveh nails it

#54. Sozo tells me I worship a different Jesus :)

#55. rehcjam with the first POTD of 2006

OTHER AWARDS.....

THE BEST THREAD OF 2007 WAS......

If you love your child you will marry his Mom! :first:

This thread started by CRASH is a TOL classic. It features great smack by CRASH, PastorKevin, Stipe, Lighthouse, cattyfan, Mystery, MaryContrary and is the thread that eventually lead to the Minerva's TOL wedding.

The Worst Post of 2007 was.....

The WORST POST of 2007: :first:
Pettrix says battling evil is wrong and God hates it!

2nd WORST POST of 2007 WAS: :second:
Real Sorcerer validates rape and murder

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THIS YEARS WINNERS!!! :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Updated winner list:
2002 - Jaltus :first: and Paul DeYonghe :second:
2003 - Turbo :first: 1Way :second: and Sozo :third:
2004 - 1Way :first: Shadowx :second: and Clete :third:
2005 - Eowyn :first: Poly :second: and Clete :third:
2006 - Turbo :first: Poly :second: and pastorkevin :third:
2007 - ApologeticJedi :first: Poly :second: and centrist101 :third:

PKevman

Coming in at #1 is.....

:first:

#1. ApologeticJedi's 95 thesis

I have stated many times that when Calvinism is finally killed off there will be crime scene tape all over TOL. There used to be a day when you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a Calvinist on TOL, now.... it's tough to get anyone to admit they are a Calvinist. And it's in large part to the great work of folks like ApologeticJedi!

:BRAVO:

Awesome choice brother! :up:

Congrats to all of this year's winners! :first:

Minerva

Wow, I have been so busy lately that I have missed a lot of cool threads! Now I have all the good stuff handy here in this one! And yes.....the thread that resulted in my marriage is really AWESOME!!!!!! :guitar:

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Whoa, Pettrix pulled in a worst post of 07 award....this is as good a time as any for him to repent of his wacky ideology.

*wink wink* come on Pettrix!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think:

I have never been a number 9 anything . . .

Yes . . . CleverDan . . . Thank You, it is appreciated
:wave2:

That's​
- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Congratulations to all those who made the list! Great job, Knight. That was a lot of fun!:cheers:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great job, Knight. :up: Thanks for the time you devoted to this. I'm just glad I signed in AFTER the whole list had been posted. :chuckle:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Good Job Knight!
It will be fun to go through these posts and see the ones that I missed!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Bravo, encore.

The list was impartial with no bias against Calvinism (boo). We're #1 (OT).

(so much for bribes...phooey)

Just Tom

This contest was rigged from the beginning. I DEMAND A RECOUNT. There was some sort of vote suppression going on. There was tampering with the voting machines. I am calling for an investigation. :patrol:

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Well, being that this "award" is appointed by Knight, who runs TOL, I don't believe it was done in a fair and just manner. None-the-less, that is the by-product of disagreeing with the mainstream view of this site. I know that the minute I post something contrary to the primary views held by the founders & operators of this site, I will receive strong reactions. In the end my decisions were made based on my understanding of God's Word and I am accountable to God.

In regards to that exact post, I was simply stating that if I had 60 seconds on Fox news to talk about "God and the world", I would FOCUS on preaching the saving message of Grace that the Apostle Paul preached. Yes, one CAN speak about societal evils, I never said that was wrong. It was that the PRIMARY FOCUS should always be back to the Cross. I have heard more messages against the evils in society, on how public schools are evil, evolution is evil, the government is evil, etc. on these shows that would make my head fall off, but I have yet to hear the salvation message. :sigh:

What about the salvation message??? I have yet to hear a clear and concise salvation message after these people make their "the world is evil" speeches. Where is the gospel message????

My point was that if you want changes in society/people, it must start from the core of the problem. The problem is the fallen human heart, it needs to be saved, once saved, those changes will come. If someone is unsaved, they live their lives in the flesh. They do NOT have the Holy Spirit, they do NOT have the mind of Christ.

I view that the greater victory is had when the UNBELIEVER trusts in Christ and is saved. He or she then can live a life for Christ. They can then change their evil ways and live for Christ, not by their own means as before, but by Christ living in and through them.

Romans 8:2 But the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:10 And if Christ is in you, indeed the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If the UNBELIEVER becomes "moral", it does nothing, as they will only get puffed up by the flesh as did the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus' time. The Apostle Paul is a classical example, he followed the law to a "T" but in the end, he said in was all dung! Why? Because it was done in the flesh! Not until he was SAVED, did it change.

Phi 3:5 I was circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews. As regards the Law, I was a Pharisee;
Phi 3:6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; regarding the righteousness in the Law, blameless.
Phi 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phi 3:8 But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win Christ
Phi 3:9 and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness, which is of the Law, but through the faith of Christ, the righteousness of God by faith,

As with D. L. Moody on Sunday night, October 8, 1871, he preached to his congregation at Farwell Hall. Before he could give the salvation message & ask those if they had accepted Christ, the sound of fire engines disturbed the meeting, so Moody decided it best to dismiss the crowd. He deviated from his normal procedure, which was to preach the gospel & ask around if people had trusted in Christ. He thought he would simply continue next week where he left off. That next meeting never took place. The Chicago Fire not only destroyed the Hall, but most of the buildings in that part of Chicago. Not only that, many of those who attended that meeting on October 8th, died in the fires.

It is said that he vowed to NEVER have another Bible study or meeting without making sure to PREACH the gospel message before he dismisses the crowd. What is the point of telling someone how bad, evil and fallen they are, and then never give them the clear salvation message? That was my point in that post.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Following-up on the last post. I believe my position was incorrectly stated. Therefore, the "award" was based on a flawed understanding. There were MANY other posts made by others that were truly deserving of this "award".

So, I have come to this decision. Many here do not like me, that I know. I disagree with some of the primary views of the founders & operators of this site. So that puts my at odds with "city hall".

I make this request: Being that this "award" was not done fairly and my position was incorrectly stated, I ask that it be removed as being #1. I believe it was simply picked by Knight because the debate got heated and offense was taken. In other words, it was "personal".

If you want me to leave TOL, I will. Simply state it. I ask that you reconsider this "award". In the end, I may simply choose to go on my own and delete my profile and not come back. That is the other possibility.

Grace & Peace