Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is it with paying more and getting less?

Low fat or fat free? More money
Low sugar or sugar free? More money
Low carb or carb free? More money
Low taste or taste free? More money

It's sad that chips, candy and Ramen noodles tend to be less expensive than fruits and vegetables. Don't get me wrong, I know it's possible to eat healthy without spending a fortune but sometimes it takes more time and effort being creative or searching for bargains and this shouldn't have to be the case.

And don't get me started on all these value menus where I've yet to see a chicken salad on one of them. You can buy a double cheeseburger for .99 but it cost over 4.00 at most places for a salad. We're talking chicken and lettuce for crying outloud!

I saw a commercial the other day where a family challenged themselves to go to the grocery store and see if they could buy all the stuff for a meal consisting of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and 4 biscuits for less than what it would cost them at a popular restaurant which is 10.00. They come to a point in the commercial where they say "Well, we're over $10.00. Guess we'll go out for chicken."

Huh? Is my math off?

Ok so the cost of a good size chicken can be bought for about $3 to $4. But unless you're planning on using the whole bottle of oil, the whole bag of flour, and the whole bag of potatoes, you can make it yourself for about half the cost, maybe a little over.

Believe you me, it's a treat not having to cook sometimes. But if I go out, I know that I'm paying more for something than if I made it myself (Except for maybe those .99 cent cheeseburgers. :noid: ) and that's hunky dorey with me cause it's my night out.

So I now come to the end of my first post in my blog. Do I feel better having given my 0.02 on less being more?

Well, yeah....more or less.