Limited atonement !

Derf

Meaning the scripture only teaches one atonement, and its particular to Gods elect.
I appreciate the clarification, and it is in keeping with most Christian orthodoxy. But the limited atonement you normally speak of is not what is spoken of in the Bible. God desires all people to repent, not just some. If there are any he does not desire to repent, that means he desires for them to continue in their wickedness, meaning God DESIRES wickedness. That's the essence of what you preach.

beloved57

I appreciate the clarification, and it is in keeping with most Christian orthodoxy. But the limited atonement you normally speak of is not what is spoken of in the Bible. God desires all people to repent, not just some. If there are any he does not desire to repent, that means he desires for them to continue in their wickedness, meaning God DESIRES wickedness. That's the essence of what you preach.
Limited atonement is the only atonement the bible teaches. To believe anything else is to belive that which is not true !

beloved57

The "Reformers" can only speak the TULIP nonsense by declaration, and never by comprehension. A system of delusion and methodic eisegesis.
If you are calling limited atonement nonsense im not surprised, because the bible stated that many would call the Gospel, which limited atonement is part of, foolishness 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For the message about Christ's death on the cross is nonsense to those who are being lost; but for us who are being saved it is God's power.GNT

Derf

If you are calling limited atonement nonsense im not surprised, because the bible stated that many would call the Gospel, which limited atonement is part of, foolishness 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For the message about Christ's death on the cross is nonsense to those who are being lost; but for us who are being saved it is God's power.GNT
You seem to be saying that the "good news" is that some people will be damned to eternal torment because God wanted them to be.

Jenkins

You seem to be saying that the "good news" is that some people will be damned to eternal torment because God wanted them to be.
These Reformer people cannot understand basic English. "Good News," "Encourage One Another," "Light of the World," "All the World" just bounces off of their heads. They have no Gospel in them, and are foolish enough to defend that.

Derf

These Reformer people cannot understand basic English. "Good News," "Encourage One Another," "Light of the World," "All the World" just bounces off of their heads. They have no Gospel in them, and are foolish enough to defend that.
Some are worse than others. They just seem to shut off their brains when someone points out the inconsistencies.

Jenkins

Some are worse than others. They just seem to shut off their brains when someone points out the inconsistencies.
The Reformed Theology people are horrific. They misrepresent all Godly matters. They are Modern Pharisees who worship their own thoughts.

Derf

The Reformed Theology people are horrific. They misrepresent all Godly matters. They are Modern Pharisees who worship their own thoughts.
I know some quite well, and your assessment is not accurate. Like all of us, they get bogged down in some of their theology, but many are doing good work for Christ.

marke

Limited atonement is the only atonement the bible teaches. To believe anything else is to belive that which is not true !
Even though Jesus was made the propitiation for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2) and took away the sin of the world (John 1:29), reconciling the world unto God (2 Cor. 5:19), those who reject the Holy Spirit's call that draws every man unto Christ (John 12:32) will not be forgiven of their sins.

Jenkins

Even though Jesus was made the propitiation for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2) and took away the sin of the world (John 1:29), reconciling the world unto God (2 Cor. 5:19), those who reject the Holy Spirit's call that draws every man unto Christ (John 12:32) will not be forgiven of their sins.
Tell us what the Holy Spirit states with His call. Try to cite Scripture.

(Hint: It is about "Evil Works.")

Jenkins

I know some quite well, and your assessment is not accurate. Like all of us, they get bogged down in some of their theology, but many are doing good work for Christ.
I am not at all like Calvinist Reformers wandering around in their Dark Theology. You are neither educated nor appointed to speak for "all of us."

Got that?

marke

Tell us what the Holy Spirit states with His call. Try to cite Scripture.

(Hint: It is about "Evil Works.")
When the Holy Spirit comes He convinces sinners of their sin and need to turn to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation.

1. John 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
  2. John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

beloved57

When the Holy Spirit comes He convinces sinners of their sin and need to turn to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation.

1. John 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
  2. John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Thats limited to the elect.