Louis Farrakhan: Liberals, Thoughts?

bybee

Of course you could. But do you? There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike him. Maybe you disagree with his foreign policy, or maybe you don't like some of the social policies he's advanced. But one reason that isn't valid is belief in discredited claims about where he was born or his religion. And if you believe in those conspiracy theories, it naturally raises questions as to why you do, and race seems to be the most plausible explanation. These theories have had a remarkable resonance in certain parts of the Right, and it simply can't be due to just politics. No one tried anything like this against Bill Clinton, although he certainly was hated.

Rex, I respect you, but I suspect you might be seeing racism where it doesn't exist? Racism is not my hang-up.
I was so proud of America when President Obama and his wife Michelle walked down the aisle to take the oath of office after his first election. I hoped and prayed that he would be a credit to America, the American way of doing things.
He is a disappointment, not because of the color of his skin, but, because of the things he has done and the things he has left undone.

rexlunae

Rex, I respect you, but I suspect you might be seeing racism where it doesn't exist? Racism is not my hang-up.
I was so proud of America when President Obama and his wife Michelle walked down the aisle to take the oath of office after his first election. I hoped and prayed that he would be a credit to America, the American way of doing things.
He is a disappointment, not because of the color of his skin, but, because of the things he has done and the things he has left undone.

Well, ok bybee, maybe I am. But why do you suppose there are so many people who seem to still think he's not a natural born citizen? Or that he's secretly a Muslim? Those notions formed in 2008 before he'd spent a day as President, and they've been thoroughly debunked, and yet, a few people continue to believe in them. What other explanation is there? I don't think disappointment covers it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I was so proud of America when President Obama and his wife Michelle walked down the aisle to take the oath of office after his first election.

i wasn't

i was disgusted because, as an inexperienced, unqualified candidate, his election was the epitome of affirmative action hiring

Well, ok bybee, maybe I am. But why do you suppose there are so many people who seem to still think he's not a natural born citizen?

because there was reason to doubt back in 2008 and he chose to play games instead of being straightforward

Or that he's secretly a Muslim?

his name?

his upbringing?

his lack of Christian values?

bybee

Well, ok bybee, maybe I am. But why do you suppose there are so many people who seem to still think he's not a natural born citizen? Or that he's secretly a Muslim? Those notions formed in 2008 before he'd spent a day as President, and they've been thoroughly debunked, and yet, a few people continue to believe in them. What other explanation is there? I don't think disappointment covers it.

In the scheme of things, so what?
He is the president and every president has specious, fatuous, demeaning, scurrilous things said about him.
I had to deal with all of the unkindness directed at George Bush. I expect the opposition to man up and do the same.

ok doser

this has been discussed in the past, but i'm still fascinated by it

libs insist that my being amused by this is evidence of racism:

Spoiler
trained-apes-01.jpg

but that being amused by this isn't:

Spoiler
Bush-Monkey-comparison-11888660101.jpeg

:mock:retarded libs

Granite

Hall of Fame
In the scheme of things, so what?
He is the president and every president has specious, fatuous, demeaning, scurrilous things said about him.
I had to deal with all of the unkindness directed at George Bush. I expect the opposition to man up and do the same.

If you think the vitriol directed Obama's way has been typical or unremarkable you're kidding yourself.

ok doser

If you think the vitriol directed Obama's way has been typical or unremarkable you're kidding yourself.

right, because bammy's been shot at how many times?

more or less than reagan?

more or less than kennedy?

more or less than lincoln?

more or less than ford?

how many live grenades has he had thrown at him?

more or less than bush?

but no, some morons on the internet speak harshly of the boy wonder, so fellow morons like you get their panties in a wad :baby:

rexlunae

i wasn't

i was disgusted because, as an inexperienced, unqualified candidate, his election was the epitome of affirmative action hiring

You didn't think George W. Bush was an affirmative action candidate, did you? Why or why not?

because there was reason to doubt back in 2008 and he chose to play games instead of being straightforward

According to a statement by the Hawaii department of vital records, Barack Obama was born in that state. http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/faq-obama/

That's as solid as it gets. The full faith and credit clause of the Constitution would guarantee that if Hawaii says that he was born there, then legally, he was born a natural citizen, whatever "playing games" you think he was doing notwithstanding. Indeed, it is the birthers who have been playing games, trying to make a case that isn't there to be made. If you want to blame someone for something, blame them for duping you. Obama has never claimed anything but what can be verified from the records. So unless you think Hawaii's vital records department is participating in a conspiracy, you have to acknowledge his eligibility to be President.

his name?his upbringing?his lack of Christian values?

Right. No racial assumptions in play at all...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You didn't think George W. Bush was an affirmative action candidate, did you? Why or why not?

According to a statement by the Hawaii department of vital records, Barack Obama was born in that state. http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/faq-obama/

That's as solid as it gets. The full faith and credit clause of the Constitution would guarantee that if Hawaii says that he was born there, then legally, he was born a natural citizen, whatever "playing games" you think he was doing notwithstanding. Indeed, it is the birthers who have been playing games, trying to make a case that isn't there to be made. If you want to blame someone for something, blame them for duping you. Obama has never claimed anything but what can be verified from the records. So unless you think Hawaii's vital records department is participating in a conspiracy, you have to acknowledge his eligibility to be President.

Right. No racial assumptions in play at all...

picture.php

rexlunae

Oh, show me what racist remarks were made, other than yours? You accused him of having hidden racism, when he said hes for ben carson, whose black, but not obama who is half black.

Ok dozer's entire last post, for instance. "Affirmative action" candidate? Tell me what other candidate that could apply to.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
half black

thank you :thumb:

don't forget to vote carson! :banana:

I don't care how many "acceptable negroes" you would vote for, if you invent a paranoid conspiracy theory about the origin of our first black President, you're a racist and an idiot

that's all very nice (as well as being very imaginative of you :chuckle: ) but he does exist and he wasn't created by "white people" and he doesn't get "trotted out", he draws attention to himself by making inflammatory statements that most of the black community ignore

But it's mostly white people who support him. You can always find a black person to say crazy, foolish, and self-accusatory things in the GOP, but it draws from a tiny and extreme minority of black experiences.

Heh, you know, I misread what ok doser said, in that I initially thought he was talking about Ben Carson. Sorry guys, my mistake.

I wanted to come back to this to ask the obvious question:

if I'm a racist but I support and respect ben carson, who is black, what race am I prejudiced against?

the "race" of obama? :freak:

is bammy his very own race now?

Black, maybe others. I think we covered that already. Are you under the impression that the fact that you can find one black person who's acceptable to you is a shield against accusations of racism?

Wow looks like a whole lot of accusations of hidden racism to me :think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Remarkably prescient, wasn't it?

No, not at all, unless you are too dense to see your buttons being pushed AFTER YOU went on a tangent accusing others of racism based on nothing except your own thoughts.

You look like the real racist to me, seeing it where it isnt.

rexlunae

No, not at all, unless you are too dense to see your buttons being pushed AFTER YOU went on a tangent accusing others of racism based on nothing except your own thoughts.

I take it, then, that even you won't defend his identification of the President as an "affirmative action" candidate?

You look like the real racist to me, seeing it where it isnt.

Ah, the old "I know you are, but what am I" argument.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I take it, then, that even you won't defend his identification of the President as an "affirmative action" candidate?

Ah, the old "I know you are, but what am I" argument.

Diverting from your hidden racism accusations again?

You are the racist. You proved it when he said he supports ben carson and you said :

I don't care how many "acceptable negroes" you would vote for, if you invent a paranoid conspiracy theory about the origin of our first black President, you're a racist and an idiot

You made the really racist comment, no one else.