marijuana and scromiting

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
oh-really-now.gif

:chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Well which is it, 3 percent or 145 percent ???????????

To be fair, he's not arguing one or the other there, just that there will be an increase in percentage with dope usage although alcohol intoxication is by far the first cause. He also uses that tired 'Spock' gif on several occasions no matter the subject if you disagree with him on it.

way 2 go

Colorado saw the largest estimated increase in claim (accidents) frequency -- 14 percent more than its bordering states,

fatal crashes up 145 percent — from 47 in 2013 to 115 in 2016

cheech.gif

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Colorado saw the largest estimated increase in claim (accidents) frequency -- 14 percent more than its bordering states,

"Legalizing recreational marijuana use in Colorado, Oregon and Washington has resulted in collision claim frequencies that are about 3 percent higher overall than would have been expected without legalization, a new Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) analysis shows." - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...onal-marijuana-is-linked-to-increased-crashes

Prove it, and prove that marijuana DUI is to blame.

way 2 go

"Legalizing recreational marijuana use in Colorado, Oregon and Washington has resulted in collision claim frequencies that are about 3 percent higher overall than would have been expected without legalization, a new Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) analysis shows." - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...onal-marijuana-is-linked-to-increased-crashes

Colorado saw the largest estimated increase in claim (accidents) frequency -- 14 percent
&

Prove it, and prove that marijuana DUI is to blame.

well we have a lot of lab rats wanting to precipitate in the driving stoned part
just need science to catch up
and possibly some unwilling victims

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Colorado saw the largest estimated increase in claim (accidents) frequency -- 14 percent
&

Perhaps Mark Twain said it best: “If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.” Recent headlines were a perfect example of Twain’s observation.

Some newspapers and news shows played up a story that contends legalized marijuana has made our roads and highways less safe. It may sound plausible, but the facts don’t support this assertion. In fact, marijuana legalization has not increased overall traffic fatality rates nor the total number of non-fatal crashes, according to two separate studies conducted by Columbia University and the University of Texas-Austin.
A study released last week in the American Journal of Public Health evaluated crash fatality rates in Colorado and Washington before and after the states legalized marijuana. The researchers then compared those rates to eight control states with similar traffic, roadway and population characteristics that did not alter their marijuana laws. The changes in motor-vehicle-crash fatality rates observed in Washington and Colorado were not “significantly different” from those observed in the control states.

Another study in the same journal last year found that states with medical cannabis laws had lower traffic fatality rates compared to states where marijuana is not legal. And there was an immediate decline in car deaths following the establishment of a legal marijuana market – particularly among those under 44 years of age.

Read more at the source: https://coloradopolitics.com/marijuana-legalization-has-not-increased-traffic-fatalities/

john w

Hall of Fame
Sorry, for my delayed input....I was at "Happy Hour" ...I never did dig Elvis Presley, but a fraternity brother, known as the junkie of our house, offered me a few joints, in August, 1977, the day the King died, while I was attending summer school. They played reruns of his concerts, as a tribute, and, after a few joints, I thought that he was the greatest singer/entertainer, that ever lived. That was enough to convince me no haseesh for me going forward. Peace out...