Martin Luther Comments on Free Will

Nanja

There is only one man that pleased God, Jesus Christ.

The voice from heaven said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased".

The unregenerate, those who are carnal / in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8

But those who are Born Again do please God, because the Spirit of Christ dwells in them Rom. 8:9

Like Enoch here:

Heb. 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him:
for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

~~~~~

beloved57

The unregenerate, those who are carnal / in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8

But those who are Born Again do please God, because the Spirit of Christ dwells in them Rom. 8:9

Like Enoch here:

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him:

~~~~~

Dont worry, he doesnt even believe in the True Jesus Christ, the best he does is quote scripture out of ignorance, for he doesnt even believe the death of Christ alone ensured the eternal salvation for all whom He died !

Nanja

Dont worry, he doesnt even believe in the True Jesus Christ, the best he does is quote scripture out of ignorance, for he doesnt even believe the death of Christ alone ensured the eternal salvation for all whom He died !

Accurate summation!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

Like Enoch here:

~~~~~

Romans 8 is a comparison between the lost and the saved.

The saved walk after the Spirit, Romans 8:1.

The lost walk according to the flesh, Romans 8:5.

Romans 8:9 is about those that have the Holy Spirit. They are pleasing to God because God sees them "In Christ".

No one is pleasing to God that is not "In Christ".

To be found "In Christ" is to trust in Christ, plus nothing.

beloved57

Romans 8 is a comparison between the lost and the saved.

The saved walk after the Spirit, Romans 8:1.

The lost walk according to the flesh, Romans 8:5.

Romans 8:9 is about those that have the Holy Spirit. They are pleasing to God because God sees them "In Christ".

No one is pleasing to God that is not "In Christ".

To be found "In Christ" is to trust in Christ, plus nothing.

Those in the flesh are lost and can't please God Rom 8:8 so a lost person can't have Faith in God Hebrew 11:6 !

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Those in the flesh are lost and can't please God Rom 8:8 so a lost person can't have Faith in God Hebrew 11:6 !

Luke 19:10 KJV

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost .

So while he is seeking how does he know when he has found it?

We can see how the Father showed him who he dealt faith to while he was here.

6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself : for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed .
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go , and he goeth ; and to another, Come , and he cometh ; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

Luke 7:9 KJV

9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about , and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

The Father always shows the son what it is he is doing.

Even now. :)

God's Truth

There is only one man that pleased God, Jesus Christ.

The voice from heaven said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased".

You have never heard that because you are a sinner, Romans 3:23.

Of course you have to deny the scriptures to defend your false beliefs.

Why are we told to please the Lord if we cannot?

God's Truth

Our spirits are trapped in these bodies.

As natural men our spirit only knows and interacts with worldly things.

When the Holy Spirit comes to commune with our spirit is when this changes.

That is what it means for God to form our spirit.

Nature for all intents and purposes is the spiritual condition of the soul.

The Bible says we are flesh and spirit, and that those who live to please the flesh cannot please God.

There are some people who want something more and those people are more spiritual.

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course you have to deny the scriptures to defend your false beliefs.

Why are we told to please the Lord if we cannot?

As long as you are here on this earth in your Adamic body you are under the law.

You cannot do the law. You can't even come close.

The law demands that you be like Christ. Are you like Christ?

God's Truth

As long as you are here on this earth in your Adamic body you are under the law.

You cannot do the law. You can't even come close.

The law demands that you be like Christ. Are you like Christ?

I am NOT UNDER the law, the law is written IN my heart and mind.

I am Christ like.

Having the mind of Christ means having an obedient mind.

God's Truth

You reject the Teachings of scripture Eph 2:2-3 !

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13.

JESUS' BLOOD brought the Gentiles near, for Gentiles were not able to be included since they did not obey the old law, but now through the blood of the Lamb they are brought near.

13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

We have to hear the message that saves and believe it.

17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

We do not have access until we have FAITH.

See Romans 5:2.

beloved57

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13.

JESUS' BLOOD brought the Gentiles near, for Gentiles were not able to be included since they did not obey the old law, but now through the blood of the Lamb they are brought near.

13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

We have to hear the message that saves and believe it.

17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

We do not have access until we have FAITH.

See Romans 5:2.
You can't avoid Eph 2:2-3!

Robert Pate

Banned
I am NOT UNDER the law, the law is written IN my heart and mind.

I am Christ like.

Having the mind of Christ means having an obedient mind.

As long as you are in your sinful Adamic body you are under the law.

Spiritually the Christian is free from the law because the Christian is in Christ.

But you are not in Christ yet.

You are waiting to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:52, 53, 54.

beloved57

As long as you are in your sinful Adamic body you are under the law.

Spiritually the Christian is free from the law because the Christian is in Christ.

But you are not in Christ yet.

You are waiting to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:52, 53, 54.

As long as you reject the Gospel, Calvinism/TULIP you are living under the Law, probably even the curse of it !