Mass Killer bought his rifles legally.

Arthur Brain

I know it's serious enough that suicide is twice as deadly for Americans as murder is.

I know that Black young men so greatly disproportionately skew our national data, that due to them only, our murder rate is double what it would otherwise be, and Blacks are only 13% of our population.

And they murder each other with guns, mostly handguns, so it skews both the murder numbers and the gun numbers, this violence problem we have in the Black community.

So if you want to help end murders, you have to address this problem.

And one not-obvious, non-reason. It has nothing to do with how many guns they all have. Data doesn't lie.

Has your life ever been imperiled? By a man or by a beast? Are you talking about defense with personal experience in mind, or . . . not?
Cites for your former please.

I've been under threat before yes. Certainly wouldn't have wanted to shoot the folk involved.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And 70 years later you turned on each other. Bearing your arms.
In 1781 we won against you idiots with the support of the French who were sore losers from the war they had lost 20 years prior.

During the Civil War we won against the South despite the assistance to the South from you idiots who were sore losers from the war you had lost 70 years before.

plus ça change 😁

Last edited:

eider

In 1781 we won against you idiots with the support of the French who were sore losers from the war they had lost 20 years prior.

During the Civil War we won against the South despite the assistance to the South from you idiots who were sore losers from the war you had lost 70 years before.

plus ça change 😁
Some truth.......

We kept trading.

United Kingdom and the American Civil War
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland remained officially neutral throughout the American Civil War (1861–1865). It legally recognised the belligerent status of the Confederate States of America (CSA) but never recognised it as a nation and neither signed a treaty with it nor ever exchanged ambassadors. Over 90 percent of Confederate trade with Britain ended, causing a severe shortage of cotton by 1862. Private British blockade runners sent munitions and luxuries to Confederate ports in return for cotton and tobacco. In Manchester, the massive reduction of available American cotton caused an economic disaster referred to as the Lancashire Cotton Famine.[1] Despite the high unemployment, some Manchester cotton workers refused out of principle to process any cotton from America,

eider

I've been under threat before yes. Certainly wouldn't have wanted to shoot the folk involved.
Snap. Me too.

I don't get it, I have pointed out that 'bearing arms' today can include some serious firepower, enough to bring down an airliner, or burn hundreds of people, or throw grenades great distances, but I have been told that 'No' the 2nd was referring to arms of the time........... guns and rifles. But if I should point out that guns of that time did not include modern assault rifles etc I think I know what responses I would get! It's like a dance, sidestepping and body swerving.

Another strange condition is that I have read that 'no adjustment to the 2nd would be acceptable' but I have also read that 'crim checks' are there, and laws previously adjusting the 2nd seem to be overlooked.

And I have also read that 'blacks shoot blacks' and 'black gun crime' is the main issue. Next thing I read that Republicans need their guns so that they can start another civil war if they don't like the US Government which is voted for.

And the 'When they come.......' home defence posture is most odd. A bunch of gun nuts on another forum assert that when indoors they are always with x seconds of their piece. Pathetic. I bought a new front door on Monday...... the old one didn't have a glazed panel. I needed to fit it before my operation because I won't be able to afterwards. A solid composite timber door 2" thick with a double-glazed panel in tempered-laminated glass, with one coat of white primer @£109. The damn thing was so heavy that I used a trolley jack to elevate it to the exact millimeter for hinge fixing with three 4" hinges, and 5 lever lock to keep it shut. And with modern tempered/laminated windows in impact resistant PVC with steel liners, internal beading and multipoint locking make intrusion a much slower process........ and i read about 'When they come for me I'll have seconds.......' 🤣 pathetic.

eider

That might be called the war for southern independence.
Well, America doesn't need any more civil wars, and the idea that its citizens should keep guns and rifles for killing it's government's officers, military, law enforcers etc is just crazy.
You've got a voice and a vote within a democratic system.

Legislation has adjusted your right to 'keep and bear arms' and that's clearly shown. And who knows?...... President Biden might just get enough Republican support to write and enact more legislation during the next four years?

Right Divider

Body part
Well, America doesn't need any more civil wars, and the idea that its citizens should keep guns and rifles for killing it's government's officers, military, law enforcers etc is just crazy.
You always TWIST things. It's a form of LYING.

The ARMS spoken of in the 2nd amendment are to PROTECT against the evil's of a tyrannical government. The "it's government's officers, military, law enforcers" is NOT the primary intention, but a sad (and unfortunately sometimes necessary) side effect.
You've got a voice and a vote within a democratic system.
Ah... again the worshipping of "democracy".
Legislation has adjusted your right to 'keep and bear arms' and that's clearly shown.
Unconstitutionally.
And who knows?...... President Biden might just get enough Republican support to write and enact more legislation during the next four years?
Trampling the people's rights is all the rage these days.

eider

You always TWIST things. It's a form of LYING.

The ARMS spoken of in the 2nd amendment are to PROTECT against the evil's of a tyrannical government. The "it's government's officers, military, law enforcers" is NOT the primary intention, but a sad (and unfortunately sometimes necessary) side effect.
Which was my exact point, you just cannot admit it.
And the 2nd never mentioned any such thing as rising up against any government .
Or can you copy paste any such exact words?
Ah... again the worshipping of "democracy".
I don't worship any such thing as a government. I support democracy and vote within it.
Do you vote?
Unconstitutionally.
Huh? Are you a believer in changing your Constitution for a new one , a theonomy or monarchy? Some here are. Would that be constitutional?
Trampling the people's rights is all the rage these days.
Your country has proceeded and survived with and by elected governments for 250 years.
Where the majority support change then you can love it or leave it. True?