Theology Club: MIA: Where are they?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Rom 3:21-26 KJV But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Why would Paul say something like this is it had been known all along? Was he crazy or did God reveal something to him?
Rom 16:25-26 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
How was it kept secret and when was it REVEALED?
Eph 3:9 KJV And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
If it was HID IN GOD, then I am certain that NO ONE ELSE KNEW ABOUT IT!

Thank God that He revealed it!

Eve knew about it and hoped each child she bore, would be the promised Male Seed who would destroy Satan.

Abel knew about, Seth knew about, the entire godly lineage until Noah, knew about, and Noah preached it!

Job knew about it, Abraham believed it, Isaac and Jacob were chosen by God to propogate it in the nation of Israel, and King David ruled on the basis of it.

The Psalmists sang about it, and the Prophets prophesied about it.

Nothing hidden and mystical about it at all, except that many never believed the witness of it, all around them in natural creational proofs, or the testimonies of all the O.T. saints.

There is none with excuse for not believing in the grace and salvation of the Lord prior to the Incarnation of Christ . . . let alone is any excuse left for a single soul who clings to unbelief since Christ came as Man and died on the cross.

Gnosticism that purports mysticism, is a lie. It is not Christianity. It is not the gospel message.

And Dispensationalists are Gnostics . . . without any doubt.

Beware . . . of liars, and those who would want to distract from clear gospel truths of God's saving grace, found taught through all of history and recorded in God's Holy Word . . .from Genesis to Revelation.

glorydaz

The essence and ability to believe, obey, and serve the righteousness of God, exists in the Person of Jesus Christ ONLY.

If sinners prove able to believe, obey, and serve the righteousness of God, it is only because Jesus Christ has imputed these attributes to them, according to His grace and saving mercies, alone.

You do not and cannot even talk my language can you?

Thank the Lord I can answer NO to that one. :nono:

Chapter and verse for "serve the righteousness of God"? And "imputing" of attributes would be most interesting. Put up or ....

Since Romans 10 is such a mystery to you, I'm assuming you mean something OTHER than what Scripture says.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Open Theism employs Dispensationalism, though.
No it doesn't. Are you just an idiot who thinks that since the only open theists she can think of are also A9D that the two must be related?

They are different versions of semi-Pelagian doctrine, and hardly "mutually exclusive." Who are you trying to kid?
You're a moron.

Name one.
Do you remember Christine?

Such describes a spiritual oxymoron. You are ignorant of Covenant Theology to even hint that such exists.
Have you met godrulz?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Eve knew about it
Abel knew about, Seth knew about, the entire godly lineage until Noah, knew about, and Noah preached it! Job knew about it, Abraham believed it, Isaac and Jacob were chosen by God to propogate it in the nation of Israel, and King David ruled on the basis of it.The Psalmists sang about it, and the Prophets prophesied about it.
Nang, calling God and Paul a liar. :nono:

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are disfiguring the doctrine of truth being given to a remnant of humanity, into mysticism of some sort. This is Gnostic thinking.
I believe the King James Bible and recognize that while all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV) is FOR us (Romans 15:4 KJV), it's certainly not all written TO us or ABOUT us. I consider what the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) says (2 Timothy 2:7 KJV) and hold fast the form of sound words that I have heard of him (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV). You don't even believe what Paul wrote.

You are in opposition to Jesus, then, and calling His teaching "stinking thinking." Read Luke 24:44
You reject the dispensation of the grace of God given to Paul to usward. You oppose yourself as that is exactly where we fit in to God's glorious mystery plan!

The bible is all about Jesus the Christ. :nono:
The foundation is Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 3:11 KJV) and Paul says to us that he laid the foundation (1 Corinthians 3:10 KJV). Your religious wood, hay, stubble won't make it through the fire (1 Corinthians 3:12-15 KJV) as you don't build upon Paul's foundation.

Dispies try to make the bible all about the nation of Israel,
but such only confuses and distracts the minds and hearts of men away from the Savior.
The Bible says a lot of different things. Israel has a major role in it . And if anyone is doing the confounding, it's those who rebel against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV; such as yourself.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Gnosticism that purports mysticism, is a lie. It is not Christianity. It is not the gospel message.
You and me didn't have any good news unless what Christ did on the cross included us! That is exactly what Paul wrote to us and you act as if that is some kind of mystical thing? It's not mystical, but the manifest wisdom of God!

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

That God would die on the cross for some men's sins (the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery hidden in the scriptures (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) until received and revealed to and through Paul by the revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

That God's grace extended to the likes of you and me, was a mystery hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV) until Paul revealed something he knew before (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV), that Christ would send him far hence unto the Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV~that's these Gentiles Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

It's due time you believe it (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)!

SaulToPaul 2

You and me didn't have any good news unless what Christ did on the cross included us! That is exactly what Paul wrote to us and you act as if that is some kind of mystical thing? It's not mystical, but the manifest wisdom of God!

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

That God would die on the cross for some men's sins (the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a nystery hidden in the scriptures (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) until received and revealed to and through Paul by the revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

That God's grace extended to the likes of you and me, was a mystery hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV) until Paul revealed something he knew before (2 Corinthians 12:1-6 KJV) that Christ would send him far hence unto the Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21 KJV~that's these Gentiles Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

It's due time you believe it (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)!

Your main problem, heir, is that your foundation is scripture as opposed to the wealth of writings provided by the Protestant Magisterium.

Nimrod

You should study to shew thyself approved unto God by rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

Am I correct that you do understand that covenant theology interprets this passage different than a dispensationalist?

You take the literal meaning by actually dividing the word into sections (Dispensations). Very strange indeed.

Could you explain to us how one is to divide the word into dispensations?

Thanks

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You take the literal meaning by actually dividing the word into sections (Dispensations). Very strange indeed.

Thanks

Actually, she underlined the word of truth. The first thing is for you to identify what it is.

Right Divider

Body part
Am I correct that you do understand that covenant theology interprets this passage different than a dispensationalist?

Thanks
Why don't you search the writings of Paul to see what he means. He's the one that wrote it.

I don't claim any in-depth knowledge of Greek like many here do, but I can use the work of others that were experts to see what the Greek word that is translated "rightly dividing" is:
ὀρθοτομέω
orthotomeō
or-thot-om-eh'-o
From a compound of G3717 and the base of G5114; to make a straight cut, that is, (figuratively) to dissect (expound) correctly (the divine message): - rightly divide.
So it certainly shows a division of something and it is clearly attaching this division to "the word of truth".

What do you think that is being divided here?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why don't you search the writings of Paul to see what he means. He's the one that wrote it.

I don't claim any in-depth knowledge of Greek like many here do, but I can use the work of others that were experts to see what the Greek word that is translated "rightly dividing" is:
ὀρθοτομέω
orthotomeō
or-thot-om-eh'-o
From a compound of G3717 and the base of G5114; to make a straight cut, that is, (figuratively) to dissect (expound) correctly (the divine message): - rightly divide.
So it certainly shows a division of something and it is clearly attaching this division to "the word of truth".

What do you think that is being divided here?

"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, is rightly exegeting each passage to correctly discern the message and meaning of the truth that has been revealed by God to all.

"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, does NOT mean forcing any portion of scripture to say two different things, to different people.

Ephesians 4:1-6; 14-16

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oink oink oink (hey, look at me)

Nang.jpg

Right Divider

Body part
"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, is rightly exegeting each passage to correctly discern the message and meaning of the truth that has been revealed by God to all.

"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, does NOT mean forcing any portion of scripture to say two different things, to different people.

Ephesians 4:1-6; 14-16
Your half-Jew guy Paul (please explain this 'half-Jew' idea of yours), used the Greek word:
ὀρθοτομέω
orthotomeō
or-thot-om-eh'-o
Please address that SPECIFICALLY, instead of ignoring it.

TO MAKE A STRAIGHT CUT, TO DISSECT (EXPOUND) CORRECTLY.

Indeed, unless you understand the CUT or the DISSECTION, you will wrongly mash it all together into a MESS.