Theology Club: MIA: Where are they?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Act 9 Dispensationalist would be a more correct term. It was actually the original Dispensationalist.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Since becoming MAD, which has led to other not necessarily MAD-related questions being satisfactorily answered for me, I have concluded that opposition to dispensationalism in general, and to MAD in particular, has two basic root causes: works righteousness (strongly denied but simply proved nonetheless) or/and a refusal to acknowledge God's having absolutely severed the believer from his old crucified flesh nature. Both of these, in turn, result from denying, either actively or through ignorance, the Gospel given to Paul, which is exactly what he said would happen as the end drew near.

Make of me what you will for this but I'm now convinced the prophetic warning of 2 Timothy 3 does not simply apply to the religious unbelievers of Christendom as I (even relatively recently) assumed. I was in error when I limited it that way. The truth of that warning is far scarier and "closer to home." Hence these truly perilous times.

Those of you who know what I'm saying...and are inclined to do so...may fire when ready.
bow.gif

Good thread, btw. We really need more like this one.

yes, 2 Timothy 3:1-2 KJV - 2 Timothy 3:13 KJV - 2 Timothy 3:14-15 - 2 Timothy 4:1-4 KJV -

Danoh

The Marcionites have been making a comeback.

As some of you may know, Marcion [c. 85 – c. 160] was considered a heretic by the early Church fathers for some of his views.

On the one hand, he held the "heretical" view that Paul's gospel differed drastically from Peter's, on the other, some of his others views were way out there, while others were just plain old heresy.

Still, its interesting to read what this man so long ago had held as to Paul's epistles. As usual his works were destroyed, but as those writing against him at times cited either his take on things, or his copy of Paul's writings.

Here is some info, followed by a website and a pdf. Enjoy, but don't; buy into! D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcion_of_Sinope

http://www.marcionite-scripture.info/Marcionite_Bible.htm

http://scriptural-truth.com/PDF_Apocrypha/The Gospel of Marcion.pdf

Danoh

Where are the men and women who are "MAD" who once contended for the faith on TOL? There are several who, as Tom Petty would sing, "don't come around here no more". There are a few that log in, but never comment in threads about the gospel or rightly dividing the word of truth. I wonder where they are or what made/makes them decide not to post here anymore or about the gospel and doctrine if and when they are here.

There are new people on TOL everyday; many of them having never heard the simplicity that is in Christ nor rightly dividing. With all of the detracting going on in the threads from the religious, but lost, it would be nice if there were more of those who hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Paul preaching the word!

Just thinking out loud...

Same old same old...

Wait, that is the definition of neurosis - agh!