Mid Acts Disponsationalism

Mid Acts Disponsationalism

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How often should we do it? Do we say anything? Can we use any type of bread and wine/juice? What does unworthily mean?

Whenever it is done, it is done in remembrance of what Christ has done for us. Not that I'm aware of. I don't think there is any specific bread/wine/juice to use. Unworthily means with their mind on something besides Christ's sacrifice. Some people don't take the communion and that OK, others do.

themuzicman

How often should we do it? Do we say anything? Can we use any type of bread and wine/juice? What does unworthily mean?

Well, Paul apparently communicated those details in person, so we'd have to look to tradition to discover those things. He doesn't communicate those things in this letter, as they apparently weren't doing those things wrong.

"Unworthy manner" would reflect back to the Corinthians' actions regarding the Lord's supper, not doing it in unity, getting drunk, leaving others hungry, etc.

SaulToPaul 2

Whenever it is done, it is done in remembrance of what Christ has done for us. Not that I'm aware of. I don't think there is any specific bread/wine/juice to use. Unworthily means with their mind on something besides Christ's sacrifice. Some people don't take the communion and that OK, others do.

Have you known anyone who became sick and/or died from partaking unworthily?

SaulToPaul 2

If he did, yes. But do we really know for sure that he was still present at the breaking of bread for the Last Supper?

Seems to have been,

Matthew 26:20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

Matthew 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Matthew 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

Matthew 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

Matthew 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Matthew 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Matthew 26:30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seems to have been,

Matthew 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

Matthew 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

Matthew 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

Matthew 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Matthew 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matthew 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Matthew 26:30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

If He did then He betrayed the Blood of Christ by drinking in a manner unworthy. Was there a chance for forgiveness?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I haven't either.

Do you think Judas partook of the original Lord's Supper unworthily?

There was only ONE who ate the bread and drank the cup unworthily and that was Judas!

Danoh

The easy quick answer is: Because they were doing something and calling it the Lord's Supper. I see much rebuke in 1 Corinthians, as they were doing many things they shouldn't have been doing. I believe those that said "I follow Cephas" were to blame.

This thread will do for the exploration of this topic, heir (unless there is a better one, or you come up with one - either way is fine).