Mike Pence needs a Safe Space

The Berean

Sure. I have the soundtrack on my phone. Doesn't mean they're required to put on the same show every night without deviation.

He apparently complained to his boss, who went on a Twitter cry-fest.

I think Trumpers have the thinnest skins of anyone, and are the most hypocritical. They talk tough, but the moment anyone hurts their feelings, they whine about it like babies.
Wait, wut? You really think Trump supporters are more thing skinned that leftists, feminists, and SJW's? Didn't we just see a bunch of crying sobbing millenials who needed cry-ins, therapy dogs, pizza parties, and days off from college to deal with Trump winning the election? Liberals are in no position to call anyone else thin skinned. Just look how "progressives" reacted to the election. These "reporters" in the video are an example of everything that is wrong with America.

https://youtu.be/yO4xfj0ISoY

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

musterion

unnamed-13-1.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Pence was a paying customer and should have been treated like any other paying customer.
I would say the same thing if they had harassed Obama.

sorry fool, but that's just inconceivable

there wouldn't have been any possible reason to harrass bammy - he's perfect

pence however, even though he hasn't yet taken office deserves evertything the left can sling at him

because reasons

musterion

I was wondering if John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat?

He was strongly opposed to abolition, as Democrats were well into the 20th century...

Booth resented the Northern position that slavery had to be outlawed. He attended the execution of John Brown (1800–1859), one of the most famous abolitionists (opponents of slavery) in history. Booth wrote that he considered abolitionists to be "traitors" and that they deserved the same fate as Brown.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

Suck it up indeed! In the words of your soon to be former furor "We Won" and "Elections Have Consequences" so, I would say take your petty shots where you can, and yes it is petty to attack the man before he has even done anything but, besides that I would say fasten your seat belt because this ride has just begun. Try to keep your heads from exploding as all this president's edicts (not laws) dissapear as quick as they came. Hold your tears to a minimum as the adults are in charge again, and the gravy train has been derailed. The repudiation of the regressive left's worldview & agenda came through loud and clear on election day. All the masses of Soros paid & organized protests & all the regressive leftists petty outbursts against this administration will not change the future which looks extremely bright for all the American people... yes, even a hard regressive leftist like you Rex may glean the benefits of a government that works for the welfare of all Americans instead of attempting to push social & ideological positions which alienate more than half the country. So agin, take your petty shots where you can it will not deter our new president & his administration from the task of undoing the nonsense that 8 years of a dictator (not a leader) has imposed upon all of America, it is time to make America great again.

ok doser

...it is time to make America great again.

we should start by working to make americans great again - I'm currently enjoying Brokaw's book The Greatest Generation and one of the vignettes mentioned the school one of the WACS or WAVES had attended in the thirties that had a sign over the door saying "Enter To Learn, Leave To Serve"

an ethic largely lost in today's culture, i'm afraid

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
we should start by making americans great again - I'm currently enjoying Brokaw's book The Greatest Generation and one of the vignette's mentioned the school one of the WACS or WAVES had attended in the thirties that had a sign over the door saying "Enter To Learn, Leave To Serve"

Ethics? Regressive leftists have no ethics so, this may be a teachable moment for the current generation, I know I have been instructing my kids on ethical behavior since birth, I haven't however wasted time addressing political correctness which is just nonsense.

The Berean

we should start by making americans great again - I'm currently enjoying Brokaw's book The Greatest Generation and one of the vignette's mentioned the school one of the WACS or WAVES had attended in the thirties that had a sign over the door saying "Enter To Learn, Leave To Serve"

Here's my take ok doser. I believe struggle and hardship builds character, courage, and strength. Living poor, experiencing the Great Depression, going to war, etc. forces a person to grow up quickly. From my observation the Millennial generation has never had to struggle. They grew up in mostly middle class and affluence. Last night I watched the film, Immitation Game, the story about Alan Turing. A few nights ago I re-watched the first Chronicles of Narnia film. Both films had scenes of the Germans bombing London during WW II. Can you image living every day knowing that at any moment a bomb can be dropped on you and blow you to smitherings? I can only imagine how millennials would handle living under such conditions.

But I have met some strong minded millennials at my work. So they are not a lost cause.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

ok doser

I was a scout leader when my kids were younger - we were a very active troop - did a lot of high adventure stuff as well as a far trip every other year that the kids had to do fundraising to pay for. It helped them test their abilities and taught them the value of planning and working toward a goal, and then reaching that goal, savoring it, and setting new goals.

Those kids are out there, they are, unfortunately, no longer the norm.

rexlunae

Wait, wut? You really think Trump supporters are more thing skinned that leftists, feminists, and SJW's?

Absolutely. No contest. They're obsessed with social issues that barely impact them. "OH MY GOD!!! GAY COUPLES CAN GET MARRIED (almost) AS EASILY AS ANYONE ELSE!!! WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED!!! Next they're going to stop Christian preachers from preaching the Gospel!!!"

The are, by far, the whiniest, most entitled people on the Internet. And Trump is probably the worst of it. Here's a guy who literally sues all his critics.

Didn't we just see a bunch of crying sobbing millenials who needed cry-ins, therapy dogs, pizza parties, and days off from college to deal with Trump winning the election?

I don't think you appreciate the stakes. Or maybe you just don't care about them. Millennials are the most diverse generations currently in their adulthood. Most of them know people who are at some level of threat from the newly elected administration. And not just imaginary threats based on fantasies of government overreach. Real threats based on things that the President-elect and his VP have actually said they will do, and may have a real shot at.

By the way, Mike Pence seems to have thought what the Hamilton cast did was no big deal. So, it's really just Trump being thin-skinned, and his trolleroti stepping up to carry the charge.

Danoh

Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

Actually, Pence has said he was fine with their having brought those issues up.

He is perhaps aware that that kind of thing is actually what live Theatre is about: adressing contemporary issues.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
~Liberals 101~

-Gay marriage:
it doesn't affect you!!

-Portrait of Jesus on wall:
APOCALYPSE

Case in point, they are simply anti-Christians with an agenda that involves lying about their intent. The Separation Clause was never meant to harbor their nonsense, they are waging a crusade against your beliefs and that is it_

fool

Hall of Fame
Absolutely. No contest. They're obsessed with social issues that barely impact them. "OH MY GOD!!! GAY COUPLES CAN GET MARRIED (almost) AS EASILY AS ANYONE ELSE!!! WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED!!! Next they're going to stop Christian preachers from preaching the Gospel!!!"
Those were the Cruz supporters. They lost the primary.
Trump is pro LGBT, Catilyn Jenner is a friend of his.
Trump winning the nomination was a repudiation of he anti gay segment of the party.
The are, by far, the whiniest, most entitled people on the Internet. And Trump is probably the worst of it. Here's a guy who literally sues all his critics.
He defends his Brand. As people are supposed to do.

rexlunae

Suck it up indeed! In the words of your soon to be former furor "We Won" and "Elections Have Consequences" so, I would say take your petty shots where you can, and yes it is petty to attack the man before he has even done anything but, besides that I would say fasten your seat belt because this ride has just begun.

What kind of "furor" wins election, reelection, and then hands over power while trying to clear the way for his successor?

Try to keep your heads from exploding as all this president's edicts (not laws) dissapear as quick as they came.

I'd say you should try to keep your head from exploding as Trump breaks 90% or more of his campaign promises. But, I know you won't acknowledge them as broken, or you'll find a way to blame the Democrats sitting in opposition, because you like Trump, and you won't see any of these failings as his fault.

Hold your tears to a minimum as the adults are in charge again,

Adults? The ones who talk about their genitals on TV?

...and the gravy train has been derailed.

What gravy train? If you think your political movement is going to win by tearing people down, I think you're very wrong.

The repudiation of the regressive left's worldview & agenda came through loud and clear on election day.

The repudiation...by a minority of the voters. We have a horrible and antiquated electoral system. :idunno:

All the masses of Soros paid & organized protests

That doesn't exist. It's also a hallmark of a fascist regime that the accusation is being made.

& all the regressive leftists petty outbursts against this administration will not change the future which looks extremely bright for all the American people...

Like Germany in the mid-1930s.

yes, even a hard regressive leftist like you Rex may glean the benefits of a government that works for the welfare of all Americans instead of attempting to push social & ideological positions which alienate more than half the country.

Your ignorance of history is blinding you.
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

So agin, take your petty shots where you can it will not deter our new president & his administration from the task of undoing the nonsense that 8 years of a dictator (not a leader) has imposed upon all of America, it is time to make America great again.

Oh, trust me, your president is going to own the entirety of the next two to four years. Democrats will obstruct some of what he wants to do, but he's promised a lot to a lot of people. And I think it's pretty obvious he can't deliver. So, he's probably going to be looking for a new scapegoat to blame. It's going to be up to the Left to keep him from getting away with that.