minimum wage hikes can destroy small business

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Idea I;

I've always suggested that the Federal Government Seize 10% of the Richest 1%'s Whole Monetary/Asset Value.

If they did that just One Time, it would surpass what's owed in the National Debt, and give the Government plenty of money to "Fix" whatever they want to.

========================================

Idea II;

Or, anybody that has a Monetary Value of over a 100 Million Dollars, should Pay 5 Million dollars, a 5% donation, as a "Tax Relief" to their Countrymen in a Time when so many People are Broke ( That way the "Super Rich" don't have to Break their Backs doing it, they shouldn't even feel the Loss. )

Give it back to your "Countrymen" who are the People that 'Made Their Money For Them', in the First Place: the Government should reinvest that Money "Wisely". ( NOT The Car Factories, to "Create More Jobs", Obama Llama! There are Plenty of Better Places to Invest it than the Car Industry which is Burning Oil, and making so we can swim any day in November. )

I know that it sounds Ridiculous, and that the Majority of people who have a $100,000,000 are not likely to "Give it Away", but they may see the Light when they consider the Amount their $100,000,000 or more, is going to Lose Value; If the Federal Reserve Prints a bunch of Money again: or, in my opinion even worse for them, would be the Increase in Minimum Wages. : D

That's a Good reason for them to be into this Policy.
Richest 1% tax, and their money won't lose it's Value in any way; the Minimum wage will be enough money to support a Family, because living expenses would decrease, along with cost of Insurance, because the Medical Care of all the US Citizens could be one of the New Expenses that this "1% Richest" "Donation to Help the Economy", allowing for completely paid for Free Health care for the Nation. That will allow more money to stay in Pay Checks, given the absence of Insurance Charges, and like I said before: it would allow for Minimum wage to be "Enough" money again to support a Family On.

=M=

I think we could figure out all the Problems in the World; right here, Today on TOL: I don't think Our US Government is going to Listen to US Citizens about how to "Function", However.

( So, it's not going to change anything; But, It's nice "to Dream" about. )

Last edited:

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
315ish Million Pop. In US

( 315,187,822 at 23:04 UTC (EST+5) Jan 19, 2015 By Newsroom America Feeds at 19 Jan 18:04 )

That's about 3.1 Million Individuals who are in the "Super Rich" Category.

So, if they each "Donated" just $5 Million a Piece; we would Instantly have around $15,500,000,000,000, or 15 Trillion Dollars, at the Governments disposal for "Fixing" the Economy: Without making the Value of the Dollar Decrease by the Federal Reserve "printing More Money".

( Which is why this above "Plan", should Look Tempting to the "Super Rich"; Their Money Won't Lose "Dollar Value" by the Fed printing a huge amount of Money to give away to "Big Businesses", again. That means all the Product they also buy, and their Money as a Whole doesn't lose it's value by an Even Higher Percent, "Over Time". )

=M=

Of Course, if the Government executed the First Idea in my last Post;

"I've always suggested that the Federal Government Seize 10% of the Richest 1%'s Whole Monetary Value."

There would be Far More money at their disposal, but I have no way of making that Estimate, because I don't "Know" just how much money the Richest 1% of Americans actually have, but they all have well over $100,000,000. : )

So, my second plan would look Much More reasonable, and Possibly even "Tempting"; to the "Super Rich": when being confronted with the Idea of the Federal Reserve printing more money, and the Dollar Value decreasing, again...

Check My Math; I may be Wrong. : P

Last edited:

rexlunae

and it's a lot easier to live on 40k :idunno:

Or 400k, for that matter.
:idunno:

It seems to me that there is a balance to be struck between lavishness and exploitation, and we've been allowing a more exploitative situation to persist. I'm sure you'll see that differently.

why is it an employer's responsibility to make it easier for his employees to maintain a certain lifestyle?

Because (s)he's consuming their time.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
315ish Million Pop. In US

( 315,187,822 at 23:04 UTC (EST+5) Jan 19, 2015 By Newsroom America Feeds at 19 Jan 18:04 )

That's about 3.1 Million Individuals who are in the "Super Rich" Category.

So, if they each "Donated" just $5 Million a Piece; we would Instantly have around $15,500,000,000,000, or 15 Trillion Dollars, at the Governments disposal for "Fixing" the Economy: Without making the Value of the Dollar Decrease by "printing More Money".

( Which is why this above "Plan", should Look Tempting to the "Super Rich"; Their Money Won't Lose "Dollar Value" by the Fed printing a huge amount of Money to give away to "Big Businesses", again. That means all the Product they also buy, and their Money as a Whole doesn't lose it's value by an Even Higher Percent, "Over Time". )

=M=

Of Course if they Government executed the First Idea in my last Post;

"I've always suggested that the Federal Government Seize 10% of the Richest 1%'s Whole Monetary Value."

There would be Far More money at their disposal, but I have no way of making that Estimate, because I don't "Know" just how much money the Richest 1% of Americans actually have, but they all have well over $100,000,000. : )

So, my second plan would look Much More reasonable, and Possibly even "Tempting"; to the "Super Rich".

Check My Math; I may be Wrong. : P

watch the bill whittle vid - it's only nine minutes long

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Minimum wage hikes destroys many small businesses thats true, they dont have the capitol buying power that a larger buisness has, so that in addition to the box store buying power, leads many many each year small mom and pop businesses to close.

Minimum wage hikes are passed onto the consumer - a small store cant pass it on too much, because they are then driving away customers to the store with the greatest buying power who can keep the prices lower.

All suffer for it though, because when its increased, the cost of goods and services increase overall more than the wage increase, so most times people end up worse off, except those at the very top.

Anyone who doesnt believe this, take a ride through small towns across america and see the empty shops in their uptown areas. You wont see it on the liberal news.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
We Have a Winner!!! :first: Above ^^

=M=

( Why should the Government "Overrule" a Private Citizen in "Determining/Defining" what is "exploitive"? )

Last edited:

republicanchick

Minimum wage hikes destroys many small businesses thats true, they Anyone who doesnt believe this, take a ride through small towns across america and see the empty shops in their uptown areas. You wont see it on the liberal news.

you wont see a LOT of stuff on lib news... which is why i watch Fox, but even Fox does not approach certain important topics..

republicanchick

why should the government overrule a private citizen in determining what is "exploitive"?

it shouldn't

true, some are going to be exploitative if the gov doesn't interven. But the gov is virtually always exploitative and inept on top of everything else...

so..

you know... here's the problem: i am not sure a true free market system has ever really been tried, or if it was it was b4 FDR and so, no one really remembers... and they think everyone was dirt poor before the great FDR came around and gave out gov goodies... I am not saying everything he did was bad... but he went too far with this gov intervention stuff

++