Morals in Modern-Day Society

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Morals in Modern-Day Society​

Is there room, in modern-day society, for morals? Seeing things that are going on in the US, lately, you would think that the answer is no.

I've seen business owners sued because they don't want to service homosexual weddings. I've seen street preachers arrested because they dare to

tell the public that homosexuality and sinful living is wrong. I've seen criminals get called heroes because they killed police officers and

police officers called criminals because they killed criminals. The President of the United States ignores the US Constitution to rewrite laws

the way he sees fit (instead of going through the US Congress, like he's supposed to do). The US Supreme Court made it all right to kill our

unborn children and to "marry" someone of the same gender. Elected officials are getting in trouble, legally, for standing for what they know

is right, some even going to jail for doing so. Our children are turning their backs on the faith they were raised with.

Most people would say that there isn't any room for morals and moral judgments. If we stand for what we believe is right, we are told that

we're old-fashioned or that our way of thinking has gone the way of the dinosaurs. We are often told that our way of thinking is illegal or

soon will be illegal. We are called bigots because we believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman, not two men or two women.

We are called hypocrites if we've ever done anything wrong before we came to believe in Christ and say that homosexuality is wrong. We're told

that we're supporting criminals because we think it's wrong to fight police officers.

I've seen a little hope in this world. Even though my own daughter has turned away from the faith in Christ I raised her in, I've seen other

people her age with strong faith. They are raising their children with the same faith I raised my own daughter with. When they have problems

they cling to God and each other. They are standing up for what is right and trying to push back the wave of evil that they see coming to our

shores.

I believe there is hope for us yet. But, I also believe that we may be living in the end times described in the Bible. It is like the days of

Noah; people eating and drinking and making merry. Brother is turning against brother; children are turning against their parents. Sinful

living is becoming the norm in this country. All I can do is stand for what I know is right and pray for this period in time to pass

quickly.

E. L. Benz
9/5/15