Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.

Arthur Brain

Okay, this place has always worn its conservative bias and that's fair enough. What set this forum apart from many, however, was its leeway in having opposing views to conservatism and the freedom for debate as long as it didn't overstep the bounds. As of now it would seem that people can be banned for "derailing" their own thread?! It's gotten ridiculous here now. Any voices of dissension towards Trump will get a ban or a removal from a thread? I thought this sort of censorship was something directed at the 'far left'?

Heck, if this place is gonna just become a golf club for conservatives then it's lost what set it apart from a myriad others. It will lose more and more traffic in the process.

Hey, if I get a ban I'm not fussed and I ain't gonna whine over it either. It's just a shame to see a once vibrant forum become another indistinguishable one due to 'moderation' out of control.

:plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, this place has always worn its conservative bias and that's fair enough. What set this forum apart from many, however, was its leeway in having opposing views to conservatism and the freedom for debate as long as it didn't overstep the bounds. As of now it would seem that people can be banned for "derailing" their own thread?! It's gotten ridiculous here now. Any voices of dissension towards Trump will get a ban or a removal from a thread? I thought this sort of censorship was something directed at the 'far left'?

Heck, if this place is gonna just become a golf club for conservatives then it's lost what set it apart from a myriad others. It will lose more and more traffic in the process.

Hey, if I get a ban I'm not fussed and I ain't gonna whine over it either. It's just a shame to see a once vibrant forum become another indistinguishable one due to 'moderation' out of control.

:plain:

Interestingly enough, I went to sign on a few days back and received a message that read "you've been banned". Nothing else. No cause. No warning. I was thinking "how odd, I rarely post, am a lifetime member and never break the rules nor receive warnings". I completely logged out and noticed that just about everyone who is critical of *he who you named* was banned. A few minutes later, I was able to log back in and thankfully after requiring found out it was a glitch. Apparently several members IP's were swept up while removing a spammer with a similar IP. I was temporarily confused because I specifically remembered a post about the possibility of banning members who speak out about the character of Trump.

Arthur Brain

Interestingly enough, I went to sign on a few days back and received a message that read "you've been banned". Nothing else. No cause. No warning. I was thinking "how odd, I rarely post, am a lifetime member and never break the rules nor receive warnings". I completely logged out and noticed that just about everyone who is critical of *he who you named* was banned. A few minutes later, I was able to log back in and thankfully after requiring found out it was a glitch. Apparently several members IP's were swept up while removing a spammer with a similar IP. I was temporarily confused because I specifically remembered a post about the possibility of banning members who speak out about the character of Trump.

Yep, something definitely odd about that as I couldn't even access the forum to even browse it without being logged in because my IP address had been banned. How many IP addresses are that "similar"?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, something definitely odd about that as I couldn't even access the forum to even browse it without being logged in because my IP address had been banned. How many IP addresses are that "similar"?

Oddly enough, there were quite a few! You are in the UK, I am in Nebraska. That appears to make sense.

rexlunae

If you get an IP ban, you can't typically even make a connections to the server, so being logged in makes no difference. It's about the only way to handle a spammer who changes accounts, but it's imperfect since most users don't own the IPs they are on.

People who connect from the same ISP will often have similar addresses. The most significant bits of the address belong to your ISP.

rexlunae

Also, as it turns out, for answering a direct question. Apparently, some questions can be asked, but not honestly answered, even while generally comporting with stated forum standards. I chalk it up to the increasing radicalization of the Right.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TRUMP has greater news coverage in Perth W.A. than our own government or any other item. So freedom of speech should mean we can discuss Trump ad nauseam on TOL.

I suppose you can try and bash our President all you desire, however there's a moratorium in place and you might just get banned in the process? Life is made up of many choices we have to make, therefore if you happen to be the kind of person that likes to 'buck the system' you'll just have to suffer the consequences, right?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The main problem with far-left zealots is, they're so darn UNPATRIOTIC. They have other problems, as well. If any LEFTIST on this thread wishes for me to list those 'problems,' I'm more than willing to comply without hesitation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The ONLY ideology that will SAVE this nation is a return to CONSERVATISM, which is highly doubtful at this juncture. You might say, 'The cat is out of the bag? The genie is out of the bottle. Pandora's box has been opened. In other words, far-left ideology is dividing this country, it's far-reaching effects are devastating to our freedoms and our future, going forward.

BoyStan

I suppose you can try and bash our President all you desire, however there's a moratorium in place and you might just get banned in the process? Life is made up of many choices we have to make, therefore if you happen to be the kind of person that likes to 'buck the system' you'll just have to suffer the consequences, right?

I am not bucking the system.

President Trump is doing a great job for America.

I realise that it is impossible to discuss President Trump without people attacking him and his actions.

So the moratorium is fully justified.

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The current one trick pony threads are ones attacking the character of our current President. 70 percent of the recent threads in this section are on that very topic. That is too much. I am going to kindly ask the four parties that dwell on this subject to take it back to your liberal and atheist boards if you want to continue to discuss it. This is a conservative website designed to attract mainly conservative traffic. TOL is not to be a clearing house for threads that attack the character of the POTUS. There is enough of that elsewhere. You are welcome to discuss other political issues and policies, The character assassination is going to stop. We didn't do it Obama on a huge scale like this.

I will be handing out infractions to people that disrupt running threads with this topic as well. Enough is enough. Those that spam with cartoons on this subject may find themselves removed as a spammer. Please quit wasting TOL's bandwidth and stretching the threads with these posts.

I have been waiting for this for years. Thank you.

nikolai_42

The ONLY ideology that will SAVE this nation is a return to CONSERVATISM, which is highly doubtful at this juncture. You might say, 'The cat is out of the bag? The genie is out of the bottle. Pandora's box has been opened. In other words, far-left ideology is dividing this country, it's far-reaching effects are devastating to our freedoms and our future, going forward.

Technically speaking, we need a return to (small "l") liberalism. But there is a deeper problem in the nation - and it doesn't recognize party lines. Our political acrimony is a symptom of spiritual rot and no political shift will change any of that.

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
Psalm 127:1

chair

... We didn't do it Obama on a huge scale like this.

It is certainly your right to limit conversation here. Though I suggest that the forum will be a lot less interesting if everybody is busy agreeing with each other all the time.

Factually- I think Obama got a huge amount of criticism here. Much more than the current president has gotten.

Personally, I am not into these "I hate the President" games. I find it disturbing that the US can swing between extremes so quickly.