MUSK BUYS TWITTER!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I think there should be as much "free speech" on Twitter as there is on TOL. Don't you agree?
Was that a yes or a no?

Would it make you happy if Twitter was forced to follow the EU's strict content moderation rules?

Alternatively...

Would it make you happy if Twitter was banned from the EU because Elon refused to bend the knee?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Alternatively...

Would it make you happy if Twitter was banned from the EU because Elon refused to bend the knee?
I assume so. Would it make you happy if a number of people were banned from TOL because they refused to bend the knee to TOL's content moderation rules? How many accounts have been banned from this forum for content violations? More than a few, from the look of it. And for the most part, that is as it should be.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I assume so.
It would make me happy also. Not because Twitter got banned in the EU but because big balls Elon refused to bend the knee. I would be thrilled about that.
Would it make you happy if a number of people were banned from TOL because they refused to bend the knee to TOL's content moderation rules?
Only if the infractions were assessed even-handedly. That was the issue with Twitter. Libs are complaining that only banned conservative accounts are being restored this week. But that's because there are no banned liberal accounts.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Maybe because the majority of racist or homophobic material is posted by conservative accounts.
You're making my point for me. If you're right that the "majority" of racist or homophobic material is posted by conservative accounts, then that means at least some of that material was posted by liberal accounts. At least one liberal account. Just one.

But no. Zero liberal accounts got reactivated this week because zero liberal accounts got banned because whenever a lib violated the terms of service, the Twitter mods would pretend they didn't see it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Because he took something that a lot of people depended on outside of American politics and he trashed it. People experiencing national disasters, severe weather events, events outside the America-centric whiners, like actually brave (unlike the freedum convoy) protesters in Iran and China - and for what? For some dumb billionaire who's lied about his academic credentials, piggy-backed of the hard work of other people, inherited his money via an apartheid society, and bought Twitter on an ego trip fed by stupid sink memes and delusions of grandeur. China has been bombarding Twitter with spam in an attempt to prevent reports on the unrest and Twitter doesn't have the manpower to stop them. Gee, I wonder why. I also wonder what drives men to seek such flawed heroes to adore.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You're making my point for me. If you're right that the "majority" of racist or homophobic material is posted by conservative accounts, then that means at least some of that material was posted by liberal accounts. At least one liberal account. Just one.

But no. Zero liberal accounts got reactivated this week because zero liberal accounts got banned because whenever a lib violated the terms of service, the Twitter mods would pretend they didn't see it.
I say majority because to say “no liberal accounts“ would be overstating the case despite overwhelming demographic evidence in favor of my position. You might see the tiny-in-comparison possibility as a chance to get your foot in the door of false equivalence but that would just be wishful thinking on your part.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Because he took something that a lot of people depended on outside of American politics and he trashed it. People experiencing national disasters, severe weather events, events outside the America-centric whiners, like actually brave (unlike the freedum convoy) protesters in Iran and China - and for what? For some dumb billionaire who's lied about his academic credentials, piggy-backed of the hard work of other people, inherited his money via an apartheid society, and bought Twitter on an ego trip fed by stupid sink memes and delusions of grandeur. China has been bombarding Twitter with spam in an attempt to prevent reports on the unrest and Twitter doesn't have the manpower to stop them. Gee, I wonder why. I also wonder what drives men to seek such flawed heroes to adore.
Oh come on and just admit it. The #1 reason why you hate Elon is because he is allowing persuasive conservative people back on Twitter.