• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

My Problem with Creation Science

expos4ever

Creation 'science' explains the origin of the universe and life on earth as a result of God's miraculous creation. God-rejecters have no explanation for origins but they still ignorantly insist that God was not involved. That is not science, it is stubbornness.
Let me point out what is going on here. Yes, people like Marke claim to have a coherent story about origins, but a little thinking - just a little - shows they are in the same boat as everyone else. To say that "God did it" is a coherent explanation of origins is vulnerable to the obvious counterargument: how does one explain the existence of God? In other words, the standard evangelical creation story merely kicks the mystery down the road.

And they hope you will not realize this.

Both sides have explanations that are ultimately not satisfactory (in the sense that both the secular and the evangelical explanations ultimately appeal to mystery).

And, as per usual we have defenders of the evangelical account engaging in venomous, demonizing rhetoric. And that is to be expected - it is really the only arrow in their quiver.

Right Divider

Body part
Let me point out what is going on here. Yes, people like Marke claim to have a coherent story about origins, but a little thinking - just a little - shows they are in the same boat as everyone else. To say that "God did it" is a coherent explanation of origins is vulnerable to the obvious counterargument: how does one explain the existence of God? In other words, the standard evangelical creation story merely kicks the mystery down the road.

And they hope you will not realize this.

Both sides have explanations that are ultimately not satisfactory (in the sense that both the secular and the evangelical explanations ultimately appeal to mystery).

And, as per usual we have defenders of the evangelical account engaging in venomous, demonizing rhetoric. And that is to be expected - it is really the only arrow in their quiver.
God did it beats Nothing did it any day!

way 2 go

418555_wyumfr3e7dl1wys_full.jpeg

Science is science, the systematic study of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

The Bible is the Bible, writings inspired by the Holy Spirit to explain why God created the all things, why He created man in his own image, and the ultimate destiny of man.

They mix like Oil and Vinegar, and those who mix them are often led down rabbit holes of the most insane theories.

A quote:

159 Faith and science: “Though faith is above reason, there can never be any real discrepancy between faith and reason. Since the same God who reveals mysteries and infuses faith has bestowed the light of reason on the human mind, God cannot deny himself, nor can truth ever contradict truth.” “Consequently, methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things of faith derive from the same God. The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are.”​
283 The question about the origins of the world and of man has been the object of many scientific studies which have splendidly enriched our knowledge of the age and dimensions of the cosmos, the development of life-forms and the appearance of man. These discoveries invite us to even greater admiration for the greatness of the Creator, prompting us to give him thanks for all his works and for the understanding and wisdom he gives to scholars and researchers. With Solomon they can say: “It is he who gave me unerring knowledge of what exists, to know the structure of the world and the activity of the elements. . . for wisdom, the fashioner of all things, taught me.”​
284 The great interest accorded to these studies is strongly stimulated by a question of another order, which goes beyond the proper domain of the natural sciences. It is not only a question of knowing when and how the universe arose physically, or when man appeared, but rather of discovering the meaning of such an origin: is the universe governed by chance, blind fate, anonymous necessity, or by a transcendent, intelligent and good Being called “God”? And if the world does come from God’s wisdom and goodness, why is there evil? Where does it come from? Who is responsible for it? Is there any liberation from it?​

Source Link

Some things go beyond the proper domain of the natural sciences, as was quoted. The Bible is not a science book and was never intended to be, despite the claims of some that it is. It does not lay out facts and figures in nice orderly verifiable ways like science books does. It is a spiritual work, written in the literary style of the human author, and inspired by the Holy Spirit to deliver a certain truth.

The Holy Spirit teaches us Faith and things of the Spirit. That is what we should look for from the Bible. We should not be looking to the Bible to figure out precise dates and timelines and so forth.
That's a a good way to view life. The purpose of the Bible is for us to not only have faith but to live according to God's word.

Me I Am naturally curious, I was curious as a child. I remember hearing the preacher say that Cain married his sister that never computed in my brain because the preacher also said God said it's wrong.

I asked God questions, to show me somethings, I understand my mind couldn't understand all things - but just enough to show those who love to argue about scripture or the existence of God. So what the unbelievers use I study......
For instance Genesis 1:1-26 and what scientific theories say I use those same scientific theories and compare them to what the Bible says and they coincide with each other and I make a point of this and there is really little to no refute.

And to listen to those who refute the Bible using science or what they term is playing logic irritates me. And the Bible does have scientific analogies written in it. You are correct it's not a science book, no definitely not, but it does deal with science on a certain aspect.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Me I Am naturally curious, I was curious as a child.
Were you then curious as to whether or not by the time you would reach your present age, you would still be handling English the same way you handled it then?
I remember hearing the preacher say that Cain married his sister that never computed in my brain because the preacher also said God said it's wrong.
Did "the preacher" specifically say that God said it's wrong for Cain to marry his sister?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That's a a good way to view life. The purpose of the Bible is for us to not only have faith but to live according to God's word.

Me I Am naturally curious, I was curious as a child. I remember hearing the preacher say that Cain married his sister that never computed in my brain because the preacher also said God said it's wrong.
God never said that it was wrong for Cain to do it and He didn't say it was wrong at all until after the flood. It became something leading to death because of the way our DNA degrades over long periods of time. The more mutations exist, the more likely inbreeding would cause problems in the offspring. Therefore, God wisely told people to stop marrying their close relatives.

He didn't explain that as the reason because people had no idea about DNA and mutations and the how behind traits being passed from parent to child. It has only been relatively recently that we've learned to understand God's wisdom in this area.

I asked God questions, to show me somethings, I understand my mind couldn't understand all things - but just enough to show those who love to argue about scripture or the existence of God. So what the unbelievers use I study......
For instance Genesis 1:1-26 and what scientific theories say I use those same scientific theories and compare them to what the Bible says and they coincide with each other and I make a point of this and there is really little to no refute.
I've done the same sort of thing for decades. The Discovery Channel is (well it used to be before it turned into one "reality" show after another - for Discovery Channel read "science documentaries") full to the brim with proof that God exists.

And to listen to those who refute the Bible using science or what they term is playing logic irritates me. And the Bible does have scientific analogies written in it. You are correct it's not a science book, no definitely not, but it does deal with science on a certain aspect.
Amen!

If I've said it once, I've said it ten thousand times to various people and in various ways and contexts....

There is no such thing as an irrational truth!

Logic, which is to say "sound reason", is the ONLY tool our minds have to use. I say again, it is THE ONLY tool our minds have to use. We are not, however, forced to use it. We can undo the moorings of reason and be sent adrift into who knows what level of insane depravity but if one chooses to live, he has but one tool with which to accomplish that goal and that is to think and to do so rightly. To fail to do so is both anti-christ and death itself.

John 1:1 In the beginning was Reason (Logos), and Reason was with God, and Reason was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light (i.e. of understanding) shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.​
More information on that translation here....

Is God Moral?

Last edited: