Neg Rep Spam

musterion

Ah! I see what has been happening. I actually have had you on ignore for some time so I don't have to read you drooling on yourself with post after post on the 'what's new' page. I had a few notifications for a rep comment but nothing new was there. Obviously you are neg repping me but I cannot read them since you're on ignore.

It all makes sense.

Grosnick - get a life, man. You have averaged almost 400 posts a month since you came to TOL. Perhaps you should find a hobby or a good book to read. You're focusing all of this negative energy at people here. It's not good for you.

You find a negrep more harmful than what you just posted to Gros? You're either a hypocrite or an idiot. Then again...not an either/or.

WizardofOz

You find a negrep more harmful than what you just posted to Gros? You're either a hypocrite or an idiot. Then again...not an either/or.

It's a one-shot attempt to make a point. I don't follow him around and neg rep him over and over and over like some lost puppy biting someones ankle. I'm talking about neg repping people into red. It's only a handful of people who do it and it's likely an organized effort.

It's childish in my opinion.

musterion

BTW, I left you red a few posts back. Just to make the point that this is a stupid thread. Like, Meshak-level whiny with an utter lack of self-awareness stupid. You should be embarrassed but apparently lack the capacity.

glorydaz

It's a one-shot attempt to make a point. I don't follow him around and neg rep him over and over and over like some lost puppy biting someones ankle. I'm talking about neg repping people into red. It's only a handful of people who do it and it's likely an organized effort.

It's childish in my opinion.

Ya know....it's a way to get one's point across. Why is so important to you? I'll tell you what I've seen. I've seen certain posters whine and drone on and on because others are thanked and they aren't. Their reputation is so important to them.....that speaks of EGO. Until a person is brought low they can never be lifted up. Consider it a blessing in disguise.

WizardofOz

Ya know....it's a way to get one's point across. Why is so important to you? I'll tell you what I've seen. I've seen certain posters whine and drone on and on because others are thanked and they aren't. Their reputation is so important to them.....that speaks of EGO. Until a person is brought low they can never be lifted up. Consider it a blessing in disguise.

Taking someone's rep down to the red is just as important to some people here. That also speaks to ego, does it not? You're bragging about bringing someone down so low that they cannot be brought back up yet you see no irony or hypocrisy in your own clear display of ego. Remove the plank.

I just don't like seeing people get run off because of a difference in opinion. This place is becoming a boring echo chamber with less and less activity. Eventually, if every person on TOL agrees with one another on nearly every topic, what do you really have left? :think:

WizardofOz

That's true.... the only problem we found was people getting fixated on repping or neg-repping a person over and over.

Although a monthly reset might make that strategy less valuable.
I for one rarely if ever neg rep.

I only use the feature on posts that deserve it (either for good or for bad). If the feature is reduced to merely a "us vs. them" thing you can bet this feature wont last long.

:thumb:

I guess Knight finds it petty too :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Well, that would be because ... it is ...

IF another poster is worthy of neg-rep bombing, they are not worthy of the time it takes to read their posts. It's a waste of my time and my preference is to converse with those who are *capable* of civil dialogue.

WizardofOz

Well, that would be because ... it is ...

IF another poster is worthy of neg-rep bombing, they are not worthy of the time it takes to read their posts. It's a waste of my time and my preference is to converse with those who are *capable* of civil dialogue.

Great point! If you are neg repping someone to the red...oh I don't know...:sozo: put them on ignore.

I prefer that the issues just get debated in the thread for all to see and digest as neg-repping is hidden from everyone, but ignore is always another option.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great point! If you are neg repping someone to the red...oh I don't know...:sozo: put them on ignore.

I prefer that the issues just get debated in the thread for all to see and digest as neg-repping is hidden from everyone, but ignore is always another option.

IMO, it's the superior option. Anyone who uses the neg-rep to silence and intimidate other posters is a troll. It's better to save the dialogue for those who actually have an honest interest in actually *discussing* the issues.

Also, it is entirely possible to use a positive rep to disagree with someone privately. I have had other posters do that with me and we end up actually having a beneficial discussion on the topic.

glorydaz

Quite the generalization. You're assuming when we neg rep someone, we aren't still dialoguing with them. We are quite able, and more than willing to express our disagreement in more than one way.

Rusha, for instance, loves to talk about people without giving them the opportunity to express their opinion. That's what liberals do best. They run their mouths, but refuse to listen to others.

Cowardly Lions.

glorydaz

Taking someone's rep down to the red is just as important to some people here. That also speaks to ego, does it not? You're bragging about bringing someone down so low that they cannot be brought back up yet you see no irony or hypocrisy in your own clear display of ego. Remove the plank.

Which is a lie. A person can build their rep back up when they stop lying (like you just did), and stop whining (which you're doing), and stop preaching a false gospel (which the three you just mentioned continue to do). I speak the truth and you can't handle it.

I just don't like seeing people get run off because of a difference in opinion. This place is becoming a boring echo chamber with less and less activity. Eventually, if every person on TOL agrees with one another on nearly every topic, what do you really have left? :think:

I don't see any red reppers getting run off. They seem to glory in the attention they're getting. Like the baddest of the bad in certain gangs. Are you really so naive that you can't see?

There is such a thing as reaping what you sow, and liberals hate that. Keep doing the same thing over and over again, and, eventually, other people will get sick of it and hand out a neg rep. My hope is they will eventually mend their ways. Many of us here to not agree on everything, but we still manage to have conversations. It's those who REFUSE to actually dialogue who reap the benefits of their own stupidity.

marhig

Me too! When I see someone in red I usually go and read some of their posts until I find one I agree with and then try to get them back to green. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] are a few that come to mind. I don't need to agree with someone 100% of the time in order to find at least some of their contributions worthwhile. I try not to focus so much on being negative. :idunno:

Hiya :) I guess I'm in the red? Because I've never given a neg rep comment since I've been here, I don't think there's any need, I'm sure people can see who the negative posters are without looking at the comments.

If people think I'm wrong then I'll quote the scriptures to show why I believe as I do. If they feel the need to neg rep me on my beliefs, then that's ok. I don't think that there's a need to neg rep some people here, because if others read their abusive posts then they will see that they are giving themselves a negative reputation by the way they speak in a condescending manner to others as if they are dirt on their shoe.

I don't agree with everyone here, but I don't have a hardness against them either, and I certainly don't feel the need to go around neg repping people just because they don't believe the same as me! Blimey I've been called all sorts of stuff, I just think it's really childish to act like that, but there you go, some people feel the need to do so.

Anyway, God looks at our hearts, so no matter what others think of us, we have to be right before him, and that's more important to me.

Btw thanks :)