New public school epidemic: Teen Sex parties

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's out of control in one Ohio town and experts claim it's a nationwide epidemic.

VAN BUREN, Ohio (AP) - The Van Buren Local Schools are undergoing a sexual awakening of sorts about the apparent extracurricular activities of some of its middle schoolers.

According to the school officials and parents, the kids have been having sex, sometimes in groups, outside of school hours.

Denise Etzler, a district parent, said her middle school son confirmed to her that the rumors are true. "It's going on at homes when parents aren't there," she said. "My boy can give me names." [ more ]

Faramir

PBS did a special on this phenomena in Rockdale County, Georgia. I live about a mile from Rockdale County. From what I understand, most of the parents were oblivious to the sexual activities of there kids. Saddly, some didn;t seem to care

Y

Yxboom

I remember my seventh grade teacher saying "Education is the key!"

Y

Yxboom

Originally posted by Sozo
I guess this gives new meaning to "meet you at the pole"!
I would definitely agree with that assessment.

Y

Yxboom

I am finding the article is really sad even though I homeschool my boys, there are girls out there being made sluts. :(

Y

Yxboom

Man you guys are breaking my heart here. That stuff is bad news :(

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
I was watching on O'really O'Reilly the other night about a school where some kids were caught performing oral sex on the school bus, and nothing was being done about it. It's sad that adults in our society have absolutely no respect for kids (or love for them)- they make excuses for their behavior, they cover it up, do nothing about it, and let it go on.... which in my opinion is utter hatred for kids.
And my biggest pet peeve is mothers who have daughters that are unruly and wild, and they cry and want sympathy for it.... but then you take a look at the situation more closely, and I wanna go, "Hey, lady... who buys all these slut clothes? Who lets them stay out at night with permission? Who's too busy doin' other stuff to give a rip about a real relationship with your girls?" And this is the real kicker for me: mothers who sob about how their daughters are complete whores, yet those same mothers had guys in and out of the house for years in front of those little girls! HELLO?!?!

P

Pilgrimagain

I think there's a lot of guilt going on with parents. So many parents are absent these days because of their desire to have more and more materially. Then they feel guilty for not being there for their kids so to make up for it they are very permissive hoping that the affectinof their kids can be baught.

I seei t at schools andin church with the whole, "My kid right or wrong" mentality. When I was in school and the teacher sent a note home I got spanked. Now the parents storminto the school and demand the teacher be fired. All because they have to try and deflect the guilt they feel for not having been more available to their kids.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Yes! It is a sad commentary on a society of people who put their own interests before their children's.
I agree. If one is not going to look after them, one shouldn't have them in the first place.

That's the route my wife and I took. Smartest decision we ever made.

Faramir

Originally posted by Gerald

I agree. If one is not going to look after them, one shouldn't have them in the first place.

That's the route my wife and I took. Smartest decision we ever made.

My wife and I took the same route. We have four kids. We look after our kids. We made the decision that as long as we have a place to live and food to eat, one of us (not me:( ) will be at home for the kids.

We have had to do without a lot of things, but it is all worth it. No regrets!!!

All of the other kids in our neighborhood have so many expensive toys and gadgets. (and no supervision when using them). Sometimes my kids complain. I just tell them that in order to get such things, Mommy would have to go back to work. Every time, without fail, without hesitation, they always so NO.

I know that in my neighborhood (probably in my church as well
:cry: ), we are the minority. However, based on my observation, my children are the happiest and best-behaved children in the neighborhood (and no I am not biased :D ).

When will parents learn that you can't buy love?

Children need boundaries.

Children need love.

Children need direction.

Children do not need more toys.

Children do not need their parents to be their friends; they need them to be their parents.

Sorry for the rant.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Faramir

Children need love.

Children need direction.

Children do not need their parents to be their friends; they need them to be their parents.

Sorry for the rant.
No rant there, Faramir. With parents like you, your younglings can't help but grow into fine, upstanding, hard-working, hard-thinking human beings.

And it doesn't get any better than that.:thumb:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Which is a sad commentary on a self-centered society.
:confused:

What makes you say that?

Are you calling me selfish for allowing my family line to end with me?

Are you saying I have some obligation to provide my parents with grandchildren?

We chose not to have children because we believe we'd make less than stellar parents and have no interest in finding out whether or not we're mistaken.

Faramir

Originally posted by Gerald
No rant there, Faramir. With parents like you, your younglings can't help but grow into fine, upstanding, hard-working, hard-thinking human beings.

And it doesn't get any better than that.:thumb:

Thanks Gerald.

And you are right. It doesn't get any better.

I have a single co-worker, and she is always telling me about what "fun" things she is planning. My come back is usually "I used to do that..... when I was single." I have given up a lot to have a family, but I would not trade it for anything. I truely does not get any better than this. :up:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Faramir
My wife and I took the same route. We have four kids. We look after our kids. We made the decision that as long as we have a place to live and food to eat, one of us (not me:( ) will be at home for the kids.

Good for you, Faramir! :thumb: My husband and I decided the same thing when we got married.

We have had to do without a lot of things, but it is all worth it. No regrets!!!

In my opinion, when you get to watch your kids grow up in a healthy atmosphere, there can be no regrets!

All of the other kids in our neighborhood have so many expensive toys and gadgets. (and no supervision when using them). Sometimes my kids complain. I just tell them that in order to get such things, Mommy would have to go back to work. Every time, without fail, without hesitation, they always so NO.

I know that in my neighborhood (probably in my church as well
:cry: ), we are the minority. However, based on my observation, my children are the happiest and best-behaved children in the neighborhood (and no I am not biased :D ).

Same thing here. While my husband was still alive, we noticed the same thing. The neighborhood kids had all kinds of gizmos and gadgets to play with. But, none of them had a parent taking enough interest to teach them to ride a bike. My daughter was jealous for a while. Then, my husband explained to her for her to have everything that the other kids had, I would have to work. She didn't want that.

Children need love.

Children need direction.

Sorry for the rant.

Amen! Kids need all of the above.

And, IMHO, this was not a rant! :thumb:

Bro. Ronnie

so true.............

so true.............

Just proves the bible is right on the money.....Things in this world will only get worse. Bible describes it as women's labouring pains.
The morals of people in America have been slipping away to more and more immoral activities. I am only 32 but I can remember when the worse thing at our school was a kid carrying a switch blade. And the thing about it was he didn't carry it to KILL people but just to be cool. Now as we see the children killing one another with high powered assault rifles over little things. You look at somebody wrong and you will be lucky you don't get shot! Its truly coming to pass this generation is in the state of thinking evil continually. Just as it was in the days of Noah and lot. This world is headed for judgment and these parents allowing their CHILDREN to DRESS like harlots are gonna pay for their not being responsible parents. Television and rock star celebrities are the ones teaching your children. The kids want to do nothing but go with what the style or crowd is doing. We as parents need to abide by the bible and set standards for our children. Obedeince isn't taught anymore. Parents can't expect a child that has been raised to do whatever they want to suddenly after 10 yrs of no obedience being taught to suddenly be expected to listen to what you say. My momma always said " If you don't bend that tree while its little, when it becomes full grown it has to be cutdown." One thing that bothers me the most is the mothers that when a young girl (Preteen) ages 7-12 the mothers think that when the little girls wear the tight jeans and the cutoffs up their rear ends and the mothers say "awww how cute" but I ask the mothers what about the young boys that you are causing to lust after their daughter. Don't think your child is to young cause Im telling you my little girl came home and she is 11 and said some boy was looking at her behind making remarks. And what about the pedophiles that are in schools and in public place's that are looking at your young preteen daughter!! I tell my children to let the lord dress you. If you can see your butt in clothes CHANGE! And if you can see your belly button everytime you lift your hands CHANGE CLOTHES. The devil will use the little children to cause boys to commit sin. I have heard so many people say that girls today dont look like young girls they look more like grown women. And this is primarly due to the way the girls dress. We need to teach our children whats right from the word of God. I pray that the America we so often lift up repents before its to late!!! :cry:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
Indeed!

Sozo, I hope you're not about to claim that only Christians are fit to be parents. That is a good way to get yourself laughed out of here.

Last edited: