NIH: 100M Years to Change a Binding Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think I'd like to debate a biology major in person. That would be the next good challenge. In a conversational debate I don't think I could come up with good rebuttals on the spot, but I'd like to practice it for real.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, I need to get my kids on TOL debating. It's good learning.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interesting. If one posts using quick post, it will show more than 40 posts per page.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess Granite thinks it's OK to talk about other men's wives in disrespectful terms now. :think:

Hey, Granite, You hypocritical termite. How 'bout you show some integrity for once and stay out of things that don't concern you. And take your funboy Barbie with you. :thumb:

Jukia

I think I'd like to debate a biology major in person. That would be the next good challenge. In a conversational debate I don't think I could come up with good rebuttals on the spot, but I'd like to practice it for real.

And the purpose of such a debate would be what? Biology is not decided based on "conversational debates" but on the facts and the evidence.

Hang around your local college bio dept. Perhaps they have a biology club, yeah it may be nerdy, but if you want to do this then it might be a start. Just remember that you will be dealing with people who have been brainwashed by the atheistic conspiracy, those who worship at the Church of Darwin, but that should be the challenge you seek.

And what particular biological issue do you wish to debate?

Report back.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is this thread about again?

Those professing to be wise...

Jukia%20alate%20one.jpg

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gee, Nick. Aren't you worried you'll get banned for posting a photo of Jukia without his consent? :noid:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alate_One said:
Um, random is random "intentional" or not. The point is is there screening of what comes out. There is screening in natural selection as well as the other processes I mentioned.

As long as there is some kind of screening to throw out the nonfunctional from the functional, random changes are fine. That's what evolution does.
That's what evolution has to prove, that selection can act as well as a program. However, as you've shown over and over, the majority of those random changes are not selectable.

And beyond that, even when a change is selectable, there is no program to stop changes that will damage the organism's population later.

We were watching Mythbusters earlier, and they really need to do one on evolution 'cause it is soooooo busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.