No other doctrine

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Super VAGUE question.... mention some specifics and it might be possible to discuss.

I'm just going by what he said: "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." (1 Corinthians 15:11)

"Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone..." (Ephesians 2:19-20)

Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of the foundation of the one church body.

heir

TOL Subscriber
According to your view what is said by Peter here has no place in the Body of Christ:
Saying that doctrine found outside of Paul's epistles could be construed as unsound for a member of the Body of Christ holds true whether or not you approve (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) and it's rather easy to prove. How can this be sound doctrine to us (Matthew 19:16-17 KJV) when this is true to us (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)? Or how about this (Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 28:20 KJV)? How can that be sound doctrine to us when this is written directly to us yet says the opposite (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, Galatians 2:20-21 KJV)? And this: Acts 10:35 KJV? It is the exact opposite of what Paul wrote to us in Titus 3:5 KJV! We were never told to hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Peter, James or John, but Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV). And as we can see from the above, charging some that they teach no other doctrine than what Paul preached and taught must be heeded (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV)! You best get over yourself!

Who can take you seriously?
How come you don't take 2 Timothy 2:15 seriously?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I'm just going by what he said: "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." (1 Corinthians 15:11)

"Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone..." (Ephesians 2:19-20)

Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of the foundation of the one church body.
Indeed the LORD Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of BOTH the earthly and the heavenly.

Doesn't it make you wonder how Paul could say that HE laid the foundation? And that he made sure NOT to build on another mans foundation. And that the only foundation is Christ.

I think that you're missing something here.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't it make you wonder how Paul could say that HE laid the foundation? And that he made sure NOT to build on another mans foundation. And that the only foundation is Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:10-11 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul's foundation was Jesus Christ.

Paul explained, "For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles — if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets." (Ephesians 3:1-5)

What is the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul? He continued, "that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs of the same body and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power." (Ephesians 3:6-7)

This same mystery was revealed to Peter on whom Christ's church body is built. Peter said, "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." (Acts 10:34-35)

One gospel for one church body. :thumb:

Right Divider

Body part
1 Corinthians 3:10-11 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul's foundation was Jesus Christ.
It sure was. And so was Peters. But Paul would NOT build upon another mans foundation and said that HE (PAUL) had laid the foundation.

You're focusing on one thing and completely missing the other. BOTH are true.

Paul explained, "For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles — if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets." (Ephesians 3:1-5)

What is the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul? He continued, "that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs of the same body and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power." (Ephesians 3:6-7)

This same mystery was revealed to Peter on whom Christ's church body is built. Peter said, "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." (Acts 10:34-35)

One gospel for one church body. :thumb:
TODAY there is the one body church. It did NOT exist on the lawfully required feast day of Pentecost that Israel was required to attend in Jerusalem.

The mystery of Christ only appears in Paul epistles. You cannot find the 12 preaching it.

Acts 10:34-35 is NOT the gospel of the grace of God!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It sure was. And so was Peters. But Paul would NOT build upon another mans foundation and said that HE (PAUL) had laid the foundation.

Correct, each apostle was required to build a foundation on the Hebrew scriptures with regard to Jesus Christ.

It was not necessary to record the teachings of the Twelve because they all taught the same thing.

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

So whether it was Paul or the Twelve they all preached the same thing. Paul's letters were preserved because he covered ground for Gentiles which did not need to be covered for the Father's firstborn.

One Savior, one avenue to the Father.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Correct, each apostle was required to build a foundation on the Hebrew scriptures with regard to Jesus Christ.

It was not necessary to record the teachings of the Twelve because they all taught the same thing.

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

So whether it was Paul or the Twelve they all preached the same thing. Paul's letters were preserved because he covered ground for Gentiles which did not need to be covered for the Father's firstborn.

I'm afraid you're badly mistaken. Paul preached The Grace Gospel to the Gentiles while Peter and the other Apostles preached The Kingdom Gospel to The House of Israel. That's why it's so crucial to "Rightly Divide" the Bible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't need to. I agree that the charge to teach no other doctrine is anything contrary to sound doctrine.

I believe that sound doctrine is the doctrine Paul laid out in the form of sound words in Romans through Philemon. Doctrine found outside of Paul's epistles could be construed as unsound for a member of the Body of Christ as those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and Hebrews through Revelation had to DO things to prove their faith that we don't being in the but now. There's no point in discussing it with you as you do not approve of these things that are excellent. I really have nothing more to say to you.

JS likes to play games.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm afraid you're badly mistaken. Paul preached The Grace Gospel to the Gentiles while Peter and the other Apostles preached The Kingdom Gospel to The House of Israel. That's why it's so crucial to "Rightly Divide" the Bible.

Paul's gospel was that Gentiles are now welcome into the Father's family. No discrimination.

The Lamb of God was for all of his sheep, not just for those Christ brought out of Egypt.

Right Divider

Body part
Not the same foundation, oh deceptive one.

The old argument from silence trick; more fallacious logic.

Wonderful, but they were still not IDENTICAL.

So whether it was Paul or the Twelve they all preached the same thing.
SOME of the same things and SOME different things, simpleton.

Paul's letters were preserved because he covered ground for Gentiles which did not need to be covered for the Father's firstborn.
Pure speculation based on your preconceived ideas.

Indeed:
Titus 3:4-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:4) But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, (3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (3:6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (3:7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

I often wonder why so many try to FORCE a single role on the LORD Jesus Christ.
Can the LORD Jesus Christ NOT be BOTH the King of Israel and the Head of the Body?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He did. Where do you get that I say otherwise?

OK, now I get it, one gospel is that Jesus is the Christ and the other gospel is that Jesus is the Christ. Yeah, that certainly makes two gospels. Uh, which one is Paul's gospel? I don't want to confuse the two gospels.

Right Divider

Body part
OK, now I get it, one gospel is that Jesus is the Christ and the other gospel is that Jesus is the Christ. Yeah, that certainly makes two gospels. Uh, which one is Paul's gospel? I don't want to confuse the two gospels.
You are truly as dumb as a box of rocks.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I often wonder why so many try to FORCE a single role on the LORD Jesus Christ.
Can the LORD Jesus Christ NOT be BOTH the King of Israel and the Head of the Body?

That's three tings:

LORD is YHVH
Jesus is Savior
Christ is Anointed Priest

heir

TOL Subscriber
Didn't Paul preach what the Twelve preached?
That which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began (Acts 3:21 KJV) is not the same as that which was kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25 KJV).