No other doctrine

heir

TOL Subscriber
Didn't Paul preach what the Twelve preached?
Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul preached the Holy Spirit's doctrine of grace, the same as the other apostles.
:nono:

Paul preached grace in the present:

Ephesians 1:6 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9, Ephesians 3:2 KJV, Ephesians 3:7-8 KJV

Peter preached of the grace that should come:

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Here is a synopsis of that doctrine: Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." (Acts 10:34-35)

Now that is good news.
It is contrary to our good news!

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

I charge you to teach no other doctrine as to us than Paul laid out in Romans through Philemon according to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm just going by what he said: "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." (1 Corinthians 15:11)
That's about Christ's resurrection from the dead

1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

and what did Peter say Christ would be raised up for? And why was Christ raised according to Paul?

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

vs.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Those aren't the same!

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 3:10-11 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul's foundation was Jesus Christ.
Paul's foundation was "Jesus Christ and Him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV). Paul gloried in the cross (Galatians 6:14 KJV). Paul preached the why of the cross as the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Peter did not even know Christ would die (Matthew 16:20-22 KJV), let alone WHY (until he heard it from Paul much later Galatians 2:1-2 KJV)! And then when it was revealed to Peter that Christ would die (again, not why) Peter preached Christ dying as a shame/ a murder indictment to Israel (Acts 2:23 KJV, Acts 3:14-15 KJV).

Paul explained, "For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles — if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets." (Ephesians 3:1-5)

What is the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul? He continued, "that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs of the same body and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power." (Ephesians 3:6-7)
That's the mystery of the gospel, dear. It says it was given by God to Paul not Peter as you would have us to believe below.
This same mystery was revealed to Peter on whom Christ's church body is built. Peter said, "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him." (Acts 10:34-35)
Again, Acts 10:35 is opposite of what Paul preached to us (Titus 3:5 KJV)!

One gospel for one church body. :thumb:
More than one gospel, more than one church!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
More than one gospel, more than one church!

Bottom line: the Twelve acknowledged Jesus as the Christ and Paul acknowledged Jesus as the Christ.

The Twelve had a gospel and Paul had a gospel. Their gospel: Jesus is the Christ.

Regardless of how many pieces the pie is sliced, when all is said and done it is still pie.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Bottom line: the Twelve acknowledged Jesus as the Christ and Paul acknowledged Jesus as the Christ.

The Twelve had a gospel and Paul had a gospel. Their gospel: Jesus is the Christ.

Regardless of how many pieces the pie is sliced, when all is said and done it is still pie.
No one has said here that the gospel of God (the WHO of Jesus Christ) was not preached before Paul, but then the WHO is not the WHY (of THE CROSS) now is it? THE CROSS (the gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is what Paul preached (to those he was first sent) is the power of God (Romans 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) which leaves you with one gospel pie in your face as clearly there is more than one pie in God's bakery.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So to reiterate: That Jesus is the Christ is not the power of God to save you. Trusting the Lord believing WHY Christ died and that God raised Him from the dead as declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is. It is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).