No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Rabbit trail

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Jn 6:44 stands sir

Duh.

Matthew 23:37 - Jesus came to Israel, calling out to her for three years. Israel refused to be gathered by God.

Hosea 3:1 - God loved the children of Israel. But they went after other gods instead.

Isaiah 30:15 - God wanted to save Israel through returning and rest, and strength through quietness, and confidence. They didn't want it.

Luke 19:41-42 - Again, Christ had come to Israel for three years, and they rejected their Messiah.

They were past the point John 6:44 describes. God came to Israel, and called out to them. They rejected his calling.

Well if you agree with it, whats the contention ? I see no contention, man is spiritually dead to God.

The contention is that man, spiritually dead as he is, CAN (as opposed to your "cannot") respond to God's calling.

beloved57

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Duh.

Matthew 23:37 - Jesus came to Israel, calling out to her for three years. Israel refused to be gathered by God.

Hosea 3:1 - God loved the children of Israel. But they went after other gods instead.

Isaiah 30:15 - God wanted to save Israel through returning and rest, and strength through quietness, and confidence. They didn't want it.

Luke 19:41-42 - Again, Christ had come to Israel for three years, and they rejected their Messiah.

They were past the point John 6:44 describes. God came to Israel, and called out to them. They rejected his calling.

The contention is that man, spiritually dead as he is, CAN (as opposed to your "cannot") respond to God's calling.
John 6:44 still stands after all that !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
John 6:44 still stands after all that !

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING, B57! God called out to everyone in every single one of those passages, and guess what happened? THEY REJECTED GOD!

And it's BECAUSE John 6:44 (AND it's corollary that man CAN come if he is called, and the corollary to that, which is that man can also REJECT God after God calls him) is TRUE!

Here's yet another passage where God called, and man responded by rejecting Him:

Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem.He did evil in the sight of the Lord his God, and did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet, who spoke from the mouth of the Lord.And he also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear an oath by God; but he stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the Lord God of Israel.Moreover all the leaders of the priests and the people transgressed more and more, according to all the abominations of the nations, and defiled the house of the Lord which He had consecrated in Jerusalem.And the Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place.But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against His people, till there was no remedy. - 2 Chronicles 36:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Chronicles36:11-16&version=NKJV

beloved57

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING, B57! God called out to everyone in every single one of those passages, and guess what happened? THEY REJECTED GOD!

And it's BECAUSE John 6:44 (AND it's corollary that man CAN come if he is called, and the corollary to that, which is that man can also REJECT God after God calls him) is TRUE!

Here's yet another passage where God called, and man responded by rejecting Him:

Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem.He did evil in the sight of the Lord his God, and did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet, who spoke from the mouth of the Lord.And he also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar, who had made him swear an oath by God; but he stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the Lord God of Israel.Moreover all the leaders of the priests and the people transgressed more and more, according to all the abominations of the nations, and defiled the house of the Lord which He had consecrated in Jerusalem.And the Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place.But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against His people, till there was no remedy. - 2 Chronicles 36:11-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Chronicles36:11-16&version=NKJV
Those God calls them He Justifies sir Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those God calls them He Justifies sir Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; Romans 10:9-15

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Doesnt change anything. Rom 8:30

There you go putting blinders on yourself again.

Laser focused on a single verse despite being given verses that go beyond (not contradict) it.

I am in agreement with Romans 8:30.

I disagree with your a-priori beliefs regarding it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Doesnt change anything. Rom 8:30

Laser focused on a single verse despite being given verses that go beyond (not contradict) it.

In other words:

GRACE
IS
NOT
IRRESISTIBLE

beloved57

You can disagree, thats fine. Nevertheless no man can come to Christ, believe in Him by their own so called freewill. It doesnt matter how you want to manipulate that with other scriptures.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You can disagree, thats fine.

It's WHAT I'm disagreeing with that makes a difference.

Nevertheless no man can come to Christ, believe in Him by their own so called freewill.

That's before God calls them. How about AFTER He calls them, can they, of their own free will, decide to accept or reject Him AFTER He calls them?

It doesnt matter how you want to manipulate that with other scriptures.

Try addressing the point of contention, and maybe you'll see WHY I'm using those other scriptures.

beloved57

It's WHAT I'm disagreeing with that makes a difference.

That's before God calls them. How about AFTER He calls them, can they, of their own free will, decide to accept or reject Him AFTER He calls them?

Try addressing the point of contention, and maybe you'll see WHY I'm using those other scriptures.
My point is no one can come to Christ [believe on Him] by their own freewill Jn 6:44 Nothing you can say or do to change that sir !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My point is no one can come to Christ [believe on Him] by their own freewill Jn 6:44 Nothing you can say or do to change that sir !

Again:

That's before God calls them. How about AFTER He calls them: Can a man, of his own free will, decide to accept or reject God AFTER He calls him?

beloved57

Again:

That's before God calls them. How about AFTER He calls them: Can a man, of his own free will, decide to accept or reject God AFTER He calls him?
If God calls a person they have been made alive, and given Spiritual life, otherwise a dead person cant hear the call, because they dead !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God calls a person they have been made alive, and given Spiritual life, otherwise a dead person cant hear the call, because they dead !

Please provide the chapter and verse where it describes someone who is called but does not believe as someone who has been made alive.

Because I can provide PLENTY of verses that say the exact opposite, where God calls people and yet they continue in their deadness.

beloved57

Please provide the chapter and verse where it describes someone who is called but does not believe as someone who has been made alive.

Because I can provide PLENTY of verses that say the exact opposite, where God calls people and yet they continue in their deadness.
If a man isnt made alive, hes dead and cant hear spiritually !

Status
Not open for further replies.