No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

What about those Jesus says to them Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power !

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Why do you make so many threads? Are you bored? Have nothing to do?

This post could have just been placed in one of the many other threads you already have running that deal with basically the same topic. Namely, your brand of religious extremism.

Do you not understand that it's like spamming and is considered disrespectful to a discussion forum?

k0de

Why do you make so many threads? Are you bored? Have nothing to do?

This post could have just been placed in one of the many other threads you already have running that deal with basically the same topic. Namely, your brand of religious extremism.

Do you not understand that it's like spamming and is considered disrespectful to a discussion forum?
+1

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 10:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Truster

Only the Eternal Almighty has free-will. Only He possesses the power to fulfil His own will. To suggest otherwise is the display of a judicially confused mind.

"Our Elohim is in the heavens, doing as he chooses".

"All the peoples of the earth are counted as nothing, and He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth. There is no one who can restrain His hand or say to Him, ‘What have You done?’”

Nanja

44 [FONT=&]No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No man can come here means no man has the ability to come to Christ. That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

It also means that no man has the ability to believe on Christ for Salvation. Because Christ equates believing on Him with coming to Him. Jn 6:64-65

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
40 [FONT=&]And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Thats answered in Jn 6:44 they simply will not come because they cannot come unless the Power of God draws them and makes them willing

[/FONT]
3 [FONT=&]Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power ![/FONT]

Amen, the credit goes to God's Power Ps. 110:3 exclusively, because man by nature, or the natural man 1 Cor. 2:14, lacks the ability or state of mind to place Faith in Christ for Salvation and please Him Rom. 8:8; so that no man has that freewill ability to come to Christ or believe on Him / to have Faith in Him, except by the regenerating / drawing Power of the Spirit of God given them in New Birth Ps. 110:3; Gal. 5:22. But before New Birth, no man can come to Christ John 5:40; 6:44.

beloved57

No man can come to Christ by his own freewill ability because by nature hes dead in trespasses and sins and without spiritual life and ability to do or act. So consequently he cant come and believe on Christ of himself, or of his own freewill.

Right Divider

Body part
b57 has been asked numerous times to prove, beyond any doubt, that he is one of the chosen ones.... nothing but crickets....

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

Do you mean will? :freak: The Bible will begin to make sense to you when you come to Christ (2 Pe 2:1).

"The natural man cannot receive the things of God. Why not? Because they are foolishness to him. If you are not a Christian, my friend, what I am saying seems foolish to you. If it doesn’t, there is something wrong with you or there is something wrong with me—one of us is wrong. God says the natural man finds the preaching of the Cross of Christ for salvation foolish. It simply does not make sense to him…” McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (1 Corinthians) (electronic ed., Vol. 44). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23). :mario:

As a reminder Beloved 57 is number on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the 'Jesus is not God' people (Jehovah’s Witness) category. :burnlib:

Last edited:

Nanja

No man can come to Christ by his own freewill ability because by nature hes dead in trespasses and sins and without spiritual life and ability to do or act. So consequently he cant come and believe on Christ of himself, or of his own freewill.

You are exactly right, Brother !

Man in the flesh has no freewill ability to believe on Christ or come to Him in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Man must first be made Spiritually Alive in New Birth and drawn to Christ by the Father John 6:44, which drawing is by the Spirit of God. Yes, only then can a person come to Christ by the Faith that is the fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 and please God Rom. 8:9; Heb. 11:6.

So aside from New Birth John 3:6-7, no man has the ability to do anything whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8; including his own freewill coming or believing on Christ, which are as filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Man in the flesh has no freewill ability to believe on Christ or come to Him in a way that pleases God Rom. 8:8.

Man must first be made Spiritually Alive in New Birth and drawn to Christ by the Father John 6:44, which drawing is by the Spirit of God. Yes, only then can a person come to Christ by the Faith that is the fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 and please God Rom. 8:9; Heb. 11:6.

So aside from New Birth John 3:6-7, no man has the ability to do anything whatsoever that pleases God Rom. 8:8; including his own freewill coming or believing on Christ, which are as filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6.
Romans 10:9-13 New Living Translation (NLT)
9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. 11 As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.” 12 Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Right Divider

Body part

Please verify that you have this "new birth"!

Prove beyond any reasonable doubt that YOU have been chosen!!

Nanja

Believing in your heart can only please God if you have been given a New Heart in New Birth Ezek. 36:26-27, because those in the flesh cannot please God Rom.8:8.

Trusting in the Lord by one who is not Born of God is only a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Calling upon the name of the Lord cannot please God Rom. 8:8 unless one has been Born of God, made Spiritually Alive !

Rom. 8:9b - Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Right Divider

Body part
Believing in your heart can only please God if you have been given a New Heart in New Birth Ezek. 36:26-27, because those in the flesh cannot please God Rom.8:8.

Trusting in the Lord by one who is not Born of God is only a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

Calling upon the name of the Lord cannot please God Rom. 8:8 unless one has been Born of God, made Spiritually Alive !

Rom. 8:9b - Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Please prove, unequivocally and beyond any shadow of doubt, that you have this new heart in new birth.

Prove that you have been born of God and made Spiritually alive!!!

Why won't you prove this?

Nanja

Thats getting personal!

So true, Brother. Spiritual things such as New Birth Ezek. 36:26-27; being a Son / Child of God; experiencing His continual presence, and calling upon His Name day and night Rom. 8:15; Gal. 4:6, is impossible to convey or prove to those who are spiritually dead / not born of the Spirit.

Luke 18:7 And will not God avenge his own elect, who cry day and night to him, though he beareth long with them?

betsy123

44 [FONT=&]No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
40 [FONT=&]And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

[/FONT]
3 [FONT=&]Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

If and when one comes to believe on Christ willingly, the credit goes to Gods Power ![/FONT]

Since man is naturally drawn to sin - are we going to willingly come to a God who forbids sinning? Will we even have the desire to come to such a God?
Of course not.

Here is a good explanation:

Because his heart is hard and his mind is darkened, the unregenerate person doesn’t desire God and is actually an enemy of God (Romans 5:10). When Jesus says that no man can come without God’s drawing him, He is making a statement about the total depravity of the sinner and the universality of that condition. So darkened is the unsaved person’s heart that he doesn’t even realize it: “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). Therefore, it is only by the merciful and gracious drawing of God that we are saved. In the conversion of the sinner, God enlightens the mind (Ephesians 1:18), inclines the will toward Himself, and influences the soul, without which influence the soul remains darkened and rebellious against God. All of this is involved in the drawing process.

There is a sense in which God draws all men. This is known as the “general call” and is distinguished from the “effectual call” of God’s elect. Passages such as Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20 attest to the fact that God’s eternal power and divine nature are “clearly seen” and “understood” from what has been made, “so that people are without excuse.” But men still do deny God, and those who acknowledge His existence still do not come to a saving knowledge of Him outside of His drawing them. Only those who have been drawn through special revelation—by the power of the Holy Spirit and the grace of God—will come to Christ.

https://www.gotquestions.org/drawn-salvation.html

That cancels out the myth that man has a freewill,

No, it does not demolish free will.

If “free will” means that God gives humans the opportunity to make choices that genuinely affect their destiny, then yes, human beings do have a free will. The world’s current sinful state is directly linked to choices made by Adam and Eve. God created mankind in His own image, and that included the ability to choose.

However, free will does not mean that mankind can do anything he pleases. Our choices are limited to what is in keeping with our nature. For example, a man may choose to walk across a bridge or not to walk across it; what he may not choose is to fly over the bridge—his nature prevents him from flying. In a similar way, a man cannot choose to make himself righteous—his (sin) nature prevents him from canceling his guilt (Romans 3:23). So, free will is limited by nature.
https://www.gotquestions.org/free-will.html

Do people - Christians - still, commit sin? Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.