non-conformist

eameece

Hi folks. I'm Eric the Green. I should use that as my title but haven't changed it yet.

I'm here to say things like:

We are all a part of each other and the environment of Mother Earth and Father Sky. We can't be fooled by conspiracy theories that they are not threatened by our industrial, carbon-based economy; we need to make it green and clean, and the government needs to help that change and restrain the greedy.

Religion and spirituality need not be about an authority figure above and separate from us, as a means of social control and ideology, but about the real being within each of us, which connects us to all beings and to our own highest potential. The kingdom of heaven is within you (in the midst of you). God above, through and as us all, as the Bible says. Not one God better than others, revealed through authority and scripture, but revealed within each of us at every moment. Religious Right folk here: what about that do you not understand?

We need not be limited in religion to what is given out for mass comsumption, but awake to the exciting esoteric tradition that is the key to our unfolding.

Politics need not be the captive of delusional ideologies perpetrated by the greedy corporate bosses. It can be based on the fact that we are all in this life together, born free and creative. We can remember the real dreams of the 60s, not the false slogans of the 80s.

We can remember that we all are artists with a song to sing, and to find that song and share it. We have the potential to create a great renaissance today. That is more important than fixing our problems.

Best wishes and keep the spirit alive;
Eric the Green
http://philosopherswheel.com

Samstarrett

Hi folks. I'm Eric the Green. I should use that as my title but haven't changed it yet.

I'm here to say things like:

We are all a part of each other and the environment of Mother Earth and Father Sky. We can't be fooled by conspiracy theories that they are not threatened by our industrial, carbon-based economy; we need to make it green and clean, and the government needs to help that change and restrain the greedy.

:kookoo:

Religion and spirituality need not be about an authority figure above and separate from us, as a means of social control and ideology, but about the real being within each of us, which connects us to all beings and to our own highest potential. The kingdom of heaven is within you (in the midst of you). God above, through and as us all, as the Bible says. Not one God better than others, revealed through authority and scripture, but revealed within each of us at every moment. Religious Right folk here: what about that do you not understand?

The whole thing? :doh: Reason cannot comprehend what doesn't make sense. And the Bible doesn't say that.

We need not be limited in religion to what is given out for mass comsumption, but awake to the exciting esoteric tradition that is the key to our unfolding.

:blabla:

Politics need not be the captive of delusional ideologies perpetrated by the greedy corporate bosses. It can be based on the fact that we are all in this life together, born free and creative. We can remember the real dreams of the 60s, not the false slogans of the 80s.

You sound like you've been reliving the substance of the sixties. :plain:

We can remember that we all are artists with a song to sing, and to find that song and share it. We have the potential to create a great renaissance today. That is more important than fixing our problems.

:kookoo:

Beware of creeping theocracy...

Krsto

Welcome non - you sound interesting. I particularly like what you said when you said, "We need not be limited in religion to what is given out for mass comsumption, but awake to the exciting esoteric tradition that is the key to our unfolding."

Yazichestvo

I think moist mother earth and father sky will do just fine with a minor tweak in the CO2 levels over the next century... but hey, whatever gets us away from burning fossil fuels. That technology is so old, we've been using it since it was dinosaurs.

csuguy

Nice OP; albeit there were a couple details I wasn't clear on, and some I don't agree with.

I agree that religion and the morality it teaches are necessary for combatting Greed in society/business - for if morals aren't internal to these people then they will make obeying the law of the land (a kind of externally enforced morality) a matter of economics - they will obey it so long as doing so yields the highest profit. If, however, they believe breaking the law will yield them the greatest profit, then they will do so (especially if they think they won't get caught).

On the other hand, I don't have much zeal for politics. The way I see it - "Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ" Philippians 3:20

John Mortimer

Good point. God qua Holy Spirit is within believers, but not 'all of us' in any universal sense as pertains to mankind; not yet, anyway.

So do unbelievers exist independently of God? If so... by what power?

Jesus did not mean that the Kingdom of God is flourishing in the consciousness of everyone... he meant that "within" is the only place you will find it. But that is true for everyone, for without God nothing exists.

God is no respecter of persons, spiritual organizations, churches, belief systems or external man-made standards, such as what constitutes a "believer".

Samstarrett

So do unbelievers exist independently of God? If so... by what power?

Rather, God exists independently of unbelievers. God upholds nature, but God is not nature. To say God is 'in' unbelievers can only be metaphorical, as God is not 'in' a place at all in the literal sense. If so, what does it symbolize? Divine power within them? I hope not! The Spirit of God leading them and teaching them and quickening them? Evidently not, for they remain unbelievers.

Jesus did not mean that the Kingdom of God is flourishing in the consciousness of everyone... he meant that "within" is the only place you will find it. But that is true for everyone, for without God nothing exists.

God upholds all, but He is not all. The Kingdom of God is within people, yet this does not mean that God is presently within everyone. What would that even mean?

God is no respecter of persons,

True.

spiritual organizations, churches,

1 Tim 3:14, 15

belief systems

Mark 16:16

or external man-made standards, such as what constitutes a "believer".

Rom 10:9 is an external man-made standard?