NT use of OT scripture

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ps 22:1My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mat 27:46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Another great example of how the NT writers take events that were about others and make it all about Christ.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
And the NT writers center it all about Christ.
Another great example of how the NT writers take events that were about others and make it all about Christ.
With Christ's approval. By way of Him authorizing His hand picked Apostles, who oversaw the birth and early administration of the Church (organization), and who both wrote and authenticated the whole New Testament and thereby Scripture (Bible) itself. Christ amended the Old Covenant in teaching the New (e.g. Matthew chapter five), and His Apostles amended the Old Testament in writing and authorizing the New.

Right Divider

Body part
With Christ's approval. By way of Him authorizing His hand picked Apostles, who oversaw the birth and early administration of the Church (organization), and who both wrote and authenticated the whole New Testament and thereby Scripture (Bible) itself. Christ amended the Old Covenant in teaching the New (e.g. Matthew chapter five), and His Apostles amended the Old Testament in writing and authorizing the New.
  • Are there some Apostles that were not "hand picked"?
  • Christ is an Apostle (Heb 3:1). Was He "hand picked"?
  • Paul was an Apostle. Was he "hand picked"?
  • The new COVENANT is between God and Israel. Jer 31, Heb 8
  • The "church which is His body" is not the RCC.

Right Divider

Body part
The covenant that specified people of all nations coming to the Lord.
The new covenant is to reconcile people of all nations to God, not just people of Israel.
The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS that the NEW covenant is with the same two parties as the OLD covenant.

Jer 31:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The "house of Israel" is NOT "all nations". It is ONE nation.

Verse 32 also makes it crystal clear who that ONE nation is..... ISRAEL was the nation who's fathers God brought out of Egypt.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The scripture is CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS that the NEW covenant is with the same two parties as the OLD covenant.
Nope. Below is the actual UNAMBIGUOUS "version" of the scripture that you wish it was, but it's NOT:
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] the house of Israel, and [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] in [THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL'S] inward parts, and write it [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] in [THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL'S] hearts; and will be [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] their God, and they [ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY] shall be my people.
But that's NOT what it actually says!

Hoping

Banned

(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Verse 32 also makes it crystal clear who that ONE nation is..... ISRAEL was the nation who's fathers God brought out of Egypt.
I'm sure glad I was grafted into the Branch that bears the fruit of God.

Hoping

Banned
When God says "the house of Israel", it is clear what that means. He does not need to add "only".
It is written..."And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious." (Isa 11:10)
I'm sure glad I sought, and found Him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't say it was dumbo.

The NT applies that to Christ, as it does the seed of Abraham.
Christ is superior to Moses, superior to the law, and superior to Israel.
It is through Christ that believers of all nations (including Israel) will be united as the sons of God by circumcision of the heart, not circumcision of flesh.