Obama says racism is genetic

musterion

“The legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives, you know, that casts a long shadow, and that’s still part of our DNA that’s passed on. We’re not cured of it. Racism, we’re not cured of it. And it’s not just a matter of it not being polite to say ‘n—–‘ in public. That’s not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It’s not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don’t overnight completely erase everything that happened 2-300 years prior.”
If that's true, then racists are simply being who they naturally are because it's what they are. That means racism is perfectly normal, cannot be helped, should never be judged, and you're a bigoted racistphobe if you judge them.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"...you know, that casts a long shadow, and that’s still part of our DNA that’s passed on."

If that's true, then racists are simply being who they naturally are because it's what they are. That means racism is perfectly normal, cannot be helped, should never be judged, and you're a bigoted racistphobe if you judge them.

You know, I just love it when B. Hussein steps on his own tongue.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Society is made up of individuals, and doesn't actually exist.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Come on, must, you know the difference between rhetorical device and a science report.

musterion

Come on, must, you know the difference between rhetorical device and a science report.

Hey Townie, I'm just riffing off the established zeitgeist. There's not one study that has verified a genetic cause to homosexuality yet we're preached at that it IS genetic, or at least so otherwise perfectly natural that it may as well be. So along comes Obama who says racism is also genetic.

Goose, meet gander.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I see the concept of rhetoric, figures of speech, and anything beyond See Spot Run is completely lost on some people.

musterion

I see the concept of rhetoric, figures of speech, and anything beyond See Spot Run is completely lost on some people.

Okay.

Then those who insist that homosexuality is genetic, or an otherwise perfectly normal part of the human makeup, are also just speaking rhetorically because it's not literally true.

Fair enough?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Okay.

Then those who insist that homosexuality is genetic, or an otherwise perfectly normal part of the human makeup, are also just speaking rhetorically because it's not literally true.

Fair enough?

Uh...no. Because that wouldn't be true.

Those who argue (and continue to argue, and research) the genetic basis for sexual orientation aren't being rhetoric at all. POTUS was. Either you genuinely don't understand this or you're playing stupid in an attempt to make a point.

musterion

Uh...no. Because that wouldn't be true.

Yes it is true.

Those who argue (and continue to argue, and research) the genetic basis for sexual orientation aren't being rhetoric at all.
Yes they are. They have to be because there's no such evidence and never will be.
POTUS was.
No he wasn't.

Either you genuinely don't understand this or you're playing stupid in an attempt to make a point.
I understand it better than you and my points are valid. Yours are just the emotion-based shrieking of a little girl with sand in her intellectual panties.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes it is true.

Yes they are. They have to be because there's no such evidence and never will be.
No he wasn't.

I understand it better than you and my points are valid. Yours are just the emotion-based shrieking of a little girl with sand in her intellectual panties.

So the best you can bring to a party is "I'm right, you're wrong.":yawn:

brinny

Obama says racism is genetic

Does that mean that it (racism) is in HIS DNA also? Cuz he inherited DNA from his Caucasian ("white") mother, didn't he?

Thank you kindly.